Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2009, 10:30   #1
BHPian

Indica Vista Quadrajet - Cavern Grey

It was time to change the car when our old Indica started giving us lot of problems. The black workhorse had spend 4 years with our family since Jan 2005 and had done more than 94k kms in her life span with us. She had seen many places with us like 7 trips to Goa, uncounted trips to Pune and daily trips of approx 80kmsboth ways to office and back. Another reason that I wanted to sell the car was that we had now started facing engine and ac problem together and to repair it I was given an estimate of Rs 30k.
Hence we sold of the car on 10th Feb. Then the hunt for new car started. I had first finalized Swift VDI, Spark, A-star, Wagon R Duo Tata Vista and Palio MJD. Since we had high KMS to cover on daily basis all petrol cars were not considered after going through lot of calculations and delibrations. This left me with only Swift Vdi, Tata Vista and Palio MJD.
Swift Vdi went out of contention due to long waiting periods. Hence now I am down to only Vista and MJD. Did a test drive of MJD and liked the way the car performed but was a little slower than Swift that I had tested and also the design was very old. Did not get to drive vista on that day as the car was not available with the dealer ship. In the evening I got a call from my dealer saying why not consider Getz CRDi too. SO yes there was another addition in the car list.
I was particularly interested in Getz CRDi due to the engine that it has. This I had also discussed with all of you and got real good guidance and the thread for the same is here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchb...getz-crdi.html
The reason that I was more inclined towards Getz was the TATA A.S.S which we have lived for the last 4 years. But at Hyundai we did not get to test the Getz CRDI and after lot of delibration dad wanted to go for only Vista.
Booking and Other formalities
We booked the car on 13th Feb. Also went to the stockyard to select my beauty and to ensure that I get 2009 car. I felt the TATA service has improved a lot than the last time we had booked the car. Probably this is what competition does to you. The guys had come over to my house to collect the margin amount cheque, sign the loan papers, and all the other formalities. Did not have to visit the showroom even once. Just the stockyard for the car selection. All formalities were completed and the guys from the showroom gave me a call on 20th feb that your car is ready for delivery. Hence I told them that I would be at the stockyard on 21st. The reason I said stockyard was that I did not want any of their drivers to drive the car from the stockyard to the showroom as I know these drivers generally rip the car with out even thinking twice for the running in period and I wanted to avoid this.
D-Day arrived
Reached stockyard at 12:00 and got all the formalities completed. Once the formalities were completed took delivery of the car. There were certain problems in the car like the front wind screen plastic beeding not proper and the front passenger seat plastic at the bottom left coming out every now and then. Pointed this out to the person there and he said these things would be rectified at the first service.
Took the delivery and went straight to the petrol pump. Filled the car’s tank to the maximum. The odo meter read 52kms already. Drove the car straight to a temple and we got some rituals done. The experience of the car was really great. This car has a hoot of an engine which is eager to be driven. The gearbox and the engine noise are so less that you don’t feel you are driving a Tata vehicle. The shape of the car is also awesome with lot of interior space. Beige color makes the dash board look lively.
Sunday was the day when I made all the changes to the car that I wanted.
I did not like the steel wheels on this car and hence changed them to alloys. Also the GT3 tyres from good year did not feel good and hence changed that to Bridgestone Turanza with the same size but these tyres provide you with a broader look than the old ones.
Did a clear paint coating from Dupont, seat covers and mudflaps were installed. The car has already been driven 132 kms between Saturday and Sunday. Hope fully at this pace I think the first service would be due by 1st week of March. Pictures to follow today in the evening.

Regards,
Kailash
Old 23rd February 2009, 10:40   #2
Senior - BHPian

Vista is a cool car . Congrats and Happy driving!!
Old 23rd February 2009, 10:40   #3
BHPian

Congratulations Kailash. Drive safe and always wear seat belt.

Take good care of her during the run-in period, dont rev the engine much beyond 2000-2500rpm for the first 1000kms.
Old 23rd February 2009, 10:47   #4
BHPian

Good choice Kailash. The Vista is a major step forward for Tata and in refinement is definitely ahead of the Indica. And regarding the Hyundai CrDI - it is better you did not go for it. The resale has been pathetic and will go southward with the i20 coming in (in all fact i20 is the global replacement of Getz though in India its a different story altogether).

Although the Getz is a great car (read great engine) it lacks essential nifty safety feature and hence loses out on sheen of beign a good package.

Don't worry - although i don't see major stepstaken to improve the Tata A.S.S - i am sure in time they will improve.

Also good to see the tyre upgrade (pics wanted).

Also plans to ICE.........share them

And keep revving and ride safe
Old 23rd February 2009, 11:07   #5
BHPian

Congrats on the new car !!!
Please post some pics especially of the interiors want to see if there are any changes they have made for the 2009 models.
How much didt the bridgestone tyres cost you?
Old 23rd February 2009, 11:56   #6
BHPian

many many congraulations Kailash. Sope you have got you precious already. wish you safe and happy driving.
Welcome to Club V ;-)
Old 23rd February 2009, 13:41   #7
BHPian

Hey Congrats and enjoy the VFM car of 2008 and plz do update us with the OTR price.
Old 23rd February 2009, 14:38   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
Vista is a cool car . Congrats and Happy driving!!
Thanks a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
Congratulations Kailash. Drive safe and always wear seat belt.

Take good care of her during the run-in period, dont rev the engine much beyond 2000-2500rpm for the first 1000kms.
Bubby thanks a lot and yes I don't have to worry about the seat belt as the car itself keeps on reminding you if you have not worn a seat belt. This is a real nice feature for Vista. Yes another thing that I have in mind is not to exceed 2000rpm till the first 1000 kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprateep View Post
Good choice Kailash. The Vista is a major step forward for Tata and in refinement is definitely ahead of the Indica. And regarding the Hyundai CrDI - it is better you did not go for it. The resale has been pathetic and will go southward with the i20 coming in (in all fact i20 is the global replacement of Getz though in India its a different story altogether).

Although the Getz is a great car (read great engine) it lacks essential nifty safety feature and hence loses out on sheen of beign a good package.

Don't worry - although i don't see major stepstaken to improve the Tata A.S.S - i am sure in time they will improve.

Also good to see the tyre upgrade (pics wanted).

Also plans to ICE.........share them

And keep revving and ride safe
Thanks a lot and yes will post pictures when I reach home today in the evening.

No changes in the ICE right now as I am told not to touch the company provided tape or else warranty will be void for car electrical. But yes, I am not a big fan of the clarion head unit at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by revhappy View Post
Congrats on the new car !!!
Please post some pics especially of the interiors want to see if there are any changes they have made for the 2009 models.
How much didt the bridgestone tyres cost you?
Thanks a lot revhappy - For the bridgestone tyres I paid additional 5500 for 5 tyres. The calculation is as follows:- GT3 cost 2900 per tyre. Bridgestone cost 3650 per tyre. GT3 taken back at 2600 and the balance paid for the bridgestone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunal2202 View Post
many many congraulations Kailash. Sope you have got you precious already. wish you safe and happy driving.
Welcome to Club V ;-)
Thanks a lot kunal.
Old 23rd February 2009, 16:52   #9
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Kailash.
Waiting for the pics.
Old 24th February 2009, 08:38   #10
BHPian

Indica Vista

Guys as promised the pictures of the cars are here.
Attached Thumbnails
Indica Vista Quadrajet - Cavern Grey-dsc00658.jpg  

Indica Vista Quadrajet - Cavern Grey-dsc00659.jpg  

Indica Vista Quadrajet - Cavern Grey-dsc00660.jpg  

Indica Vista Quadrajet - Cavern Grey-dsc00661.jpg  

Last edited by kailashnj : 24th February 2009 at 08:49.
Old 24th February 2009, 10:07   #11
Senior - BHPian

Neat pictures of the car. I just love those headlamps. They look very aggressive.
Old 24th February 2009, 10:09   #12
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Kailash. And very neat alloys too
Old 24th February 2009, 10:16   #13
BHPian

Congrats kailash. Nice colour & alloys.wish you safe & happy driving.
Old 24th February 2009, 17:27   #14
Senior - BHPian

Nice alloys and nice color of car Kailash.
Isn't it standing 2 close to the wall.
Old 24th February 2009, 18:29   #15
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Kailash! As I wrote somewhere before, Grey is one of the best colors for Vista.

And the alloys look cool! Have a wonderful journey with her.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks