Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2009, 17:24   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyamSCrdi View Post
Hey guys,
Here are the new updates. I had been to chennai for the week end. Got the flooring done and the steering grip fitted. Even bought an anti skid mat and a tissue box :P

Updates on the Wish list:
1. Lumar 35% sunfilm -> Done (Actually took the LLumar 20%)
2. GSport seat covers -> Getting it done this week end
3. Keyless entry -> Done - Autocop (without body sensors)
4. Flooring + steering cover(similar to pras) -> when i go to chennai (flooring done)
5. Spoilers -> When i have more vita M
6. Alloys -> Same as above
7. Steering grip -> Done

I even put LLumar 50% on the front windshield.

As for the drive, in one word awesome. I got a fuel eff of 18KM to a litre on the highway . Took only 5 hours from Bangalore to Chennai.
Nice going shyam! Put up some pics!
Old 6th May 2009, 19:51   #77
BHPian

Shyam,
Congrats on your new beast. Enjoy the ride.
How much the sun film costs?
Old 7th May 2009, 14:53   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dine View Post
Shyam,
Congrats on your new beast. Enjoy the ride.
How much the sun film costs?
It cost me 1600 for the front windshield only and 1400 for the remaining windows.
Cheers/Shyam
Old 8th May 2009, 14:18   #79
BHPian

Pics of steering grip

Pics of steering grip (thanks to pras.oct25 at chennai)
Attached Thumbnails
My Hyundai Getz Crdi - Dark Grey Metallic. Update: 50,000 kms done-08052009061.jpg  

My Hyundai Getz Crdi - Dark Grey Metallic. Update: 50,000 kms done-08052009062.jpg  

Old 9th May 2009, 23:36   #80
BANNED

Quote:
Thnx pras . And about the centane count. Well it is the same as octane count. With higher octane count (for example as in the speed 97) there is higher energy relesed. So you need a machine which can handle this energy to achieve higher throughput. Otherwise the same energy is lost as heat energy or sometimes as unburnt fuel. Some times this heat may be too much to handle for the engine itself and it may cease. Similarly, in the case of higher centane count more than normal amount of energy is released which is most of the times released as black plume of unburnt fuel. Due to this the input into the turbo is higher making it kick in at a lower rpm range itself. THIS IS NOT HARADOUS FOR CRDI engines as the recommended range is from 52 - 54 centane. The premium fuels in India have a lot of additives which may be the cause of the sticky thinggy.

@djay - thanks man.

Cheers

i m sorry..but i beg to differ!! octane rating and cetain rating are just the numbers that indicate how long or upto what compression pressure the fuel will resist knocking..it has nothing to do with energy released at all..however the common myth that higher octane means higher power originates because..higher octane means it can be compressed to higher ratios! and usually vehicles having higher comp ratio are big buck engines producing pretty big horses (like a ducati 996,comp ratio13.5:1). or other specific sports vehicles,they need higher octane fuel for there normal running as a nessasity! however when we use premium fuels with higher octane/cetain rating they hardly do any good for power or vehicle as such,because our engines are designed to do good with normal fuel,and ofcourse there comp ratio is already fixed.. but hey there is still a catch..then y do we feel the driveablity is better with primium fuel,yes we do..its because our normal fuel is never 100% pure,air entring is never 60% humid,cylinder head is never free of hot spots,cylinder efficiency is never 100%,infact the trouble starts with normal fuel usually when intake efficiency momentarily gets above 100%,it can get as high as 110% while an intake surge.okie lets cut the too technical crap! so the premium fuel dsnt lets the engine knock in such conditions and also keeps the engine cooler due to additives and stuff..hence the premium fuel...

othervise there is absolutely no use feedding a 97 octane fuel to an engine designed for as low as 88 octane! hope u'll get the idea.

If there was higher energy released in higher ocatne fuel,manufacturers wuld have to specify the engine output at different ratings in adds and commercials.

and turbo or the VGT to be more specific kicks in at a perticular rpm range no matter what rating of fuel u use. please ask for xplaination for anything u havent understood.

Similarly, in the case of higher centane count more than normal amount of energy is released which is most of the times released as black plume of unburnt fuel###

and please will someone explain to me how would already released energy would be converted to unburnt fuel....hey if thats the theory i would add a black smoke collection tank on all the trucks and cars and then convert it into fuel!! thanks for such a visonary theory,it could ultimately help us reduce global energy issues!!
###

Note from Mods : Please work on improving the readability of your posts. You must take a look at this thread (Expected Posting Etiquette), especially point #2! Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 10th May 2009 at 15:44. Reason: Please see the note that has been put at the end of your post by the Support Team.
Old 10th May 2009, 01:32   #81
aZa
Senior - BHPian

shyam the steering grip looks nice.
Old 10th May 2009, 20:59   #82
BHPian

Thanks aZa!!
Oh guys take a look at the bangy meets thread. Some real action there with lots of pics. The best night out of my life and the memories stored up in that thread .

Cheers/Shyam
Old 14th June 2009, 08:44   #83
BHPian

Hi Shyam

A wonderful car to own.

By the way, what average are you getting on city and highway roads respectively?
Old 15th June 2009, 13:24   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel lover View Post
Hi Shyam

A wonderful car to own.

By the way, what average are you getting on city and highway roads respectively?
I have upgraded my tyres and hence i get 14 kmpl in city and i get around 18kmpl in the highway. The ac is always switched on.
Old 15th June 2009, 14:13   #85
BHPian

Hey shyam!

Nice reviews here. I have booked a Getz CRDi myself. On an impulse, I have asked for the Electric Red!

Very heartening to see the FE figures. Especially since I can see that you dont have a very light foot. (150 kmph on the first day???) Hahaha! Which roads do you drive on? Traffic conditions?

Based on your experience, for light footed drivers, would the tyre upgrade be necessary? In my driving experience, I have not gotten addicted to ABS. I can manage pretty decently with dad's Indica V2 on stock tyres.

Also, you must be so cheesed off with the discount, eh? OTR for me is 5.87 lakh

The ICE setup looks nice...and expensive! Planning a very basic setup for mine.

Any issues with the reversing? I felt that the rear windscreen is pretty small. Planning to get a camera+display after using the car for a bit. Just FYI, I have not driven the car at all. Booked without a TD! Dealer is Advaith on Residency Road.
Old 16th June 2009, 13:15   #86
BHPian

Shyam, are you able to do a double-fold of the rear seats after you've fit the G-sports ?

cheers
arun
Old 17th June 2009, 17:38   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigoedge View Post
Hey shyam!

Nice reviews here. I have booked a Getz CRDi myself. On an impulse, I have asked for the Electric Red!
Hey thats a nice color. Congrats on the booking.

Quote:
Very heartening to see the FE figures. Especially since I can see that you dont have a very light foot. (150 kmph on the first day???) Hahaha! Which roads do you drive on? Traffic conditions?
I drive on the new airport road highway. My daily drive is from hebbal to indira nagar. Traffic conditions are moderate to very heavy traffic.

Quote:
Based on your experience, for light footed drivers, would the tyre upgrade be necessary? In my driving experience, I have not gotten addicted to ABS. I can manage pretty decently with dad's Indica V2 on stock tyres.
If you are light footed please do not change the tyres. Use it and when you feel the grip is inadequet at that time go in for a change.

Quote:
Also, you must be so cheesed off with the discount, eh? OTR for me is 5.87 lakh
All you lucky fellas. Happy though because the swift has a very good rival atleast for now.

Quote:
The ICE setup looks nice...and expensive! Planning a very basic setup for mine.
Any setup would suit the car. The NVH is amazing so even a pin drop could be heard.

Quote:
Any issues with the reversing? I felt that the rear windscreen is pretty small. Planning to get a camera+display after using the car for a bit. Just FYI, I have not driven the car at all. Booked without a TD! Dealer is Advaith on Residency Road.
No issues with reversing!!
Belive me you dont need a test drive. If anything it makes you want the car immediately :P .

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Shyam, are you able to do a double-fold of the rear seats after you've fit the G-sports ?

cheers
arun
Hi arun,
I have not yet put the seat covers. I will surely give a feedback once that is done.

Cheers.
Old 17th June 2009, 18:25   #88
BHPian

Shyam - I too, after reading and prajesh's reviews have booked a getz crdi - champagne silver - costed 5.79 L here in pune .
Old 18th June 2009, 07:58   #89
BHPian

Awesome in the end the monster gets the recognision that it needs to get. All the newbies to the crdi club are a lucky lot . Hope hyundai comes out with a 1.6 or atleast the 1.5 crdi for the i20. I liked the looks of the i20.

Btw guys I am going in for the green cotton filter very soon .
Old 18th June 2009, 08:30   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Awesome in the end the monster gets the recognision that it needs to get. All the newbies to the crdi club are a lucky lot . Hope hyundai comes out with a 1.6 or atleast the 1.5 crdi for the i20. I liked the looks of the i20.

Btw guys I am going in for the green cotton filter very soon .
Its a 1.4 Crdi (77bhp i think) that's getting plonked in the i20 . Just got myself the Road Runner after finding out this information . The staff from Andhra are getting trained on the i20 crdi starting from next week.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks