Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2009, 08:23   #31
BHPian

Changing the Tyre profile will void warranty. SO be careful about that!
Old 5th March 2009, 11:22   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
@sant, that holds true for any engine, turbo or not. Water in the intake equals hydrostatic lock equals massive engine damage.
Thanks for the clarification. However, I haven't faced any such problem in Maruti 800 during the rains. Its probably luck or maybe 800 is tougher in this regard.
Old 7th March 2009, 14:00   #33
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
That sounds interesting.

What exactly do you recommend? A lower profile with bigger dia. rims or something else?

Cheers and thanks in advance,
I'm all for larger dia rims due to their enhanced performance & looks, but if you care about ride quality, then sticking to the same wheel size + fatter rubber is probably the way to go.

Please search within our tyre & alloy wheel section for upgrade size recommendations. Some killer Laura pictures in there too!
Old 23rd March 2009, 16:52   #34
BHPian

My apologies for a period of lull in the updates,

Have something to report though,

Yesterday while trying to load the sixth cd in the audio system, I got an error and subsequently was not able to play/eject any disc. I could hear a sound as if the system is trying to change/eject the disc but not able to comlete the operation. I was totally scared and trying the normal switching off/on etc. did not help. So have I become another victim of skoda issues.

My first need to visit the Skoda dealership workshop.

Pulled into the dealership workshop at Giriraj Motors Gurgaon and was greeted warmly. In about 15 minutes the service advisor could get the expert to look at the system and they tried the same things which I already tried. then they decided to open it up. On opening the face plate and the system, there was a mechanical reason for the electrical problem!! A one rupee coin was found stuck inside the sytem. Now I recall that my 4 years old daughter was trying to get her Rhymes cd in and she must have managed to put a smaller metal disc in!
On removing the coin the system worked perfectly.
I got the gate pass after paying an amount of 0.00.

I have been seeing a lot of skoda bashing directed at the A.S.S timed with the lauch of new Superb and the news about Laura facelift. To me a lot of it appears to be highly opiniated in almost the same way as Honda is defended in whatever thay do even if it is raising the prices on already overpriced cars. I know this is entering into controversial territory, but this is what I feel and notice.

Anyways Im happy with the performance 2250Kms so far in 2 months and one pleasant trip to the workshop this morning.

Cheers!

Danc
Old 23rd March 2009, 17:23   #35
BHPian

danc lucky you! We all are still awaiting pictures
Old 23rd March 2009, 17:25   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danc View Post

Yesterday while trying to load the sixth cd in the audio system, I got an error and subsequently was not able to play/eject any disc. I could hear a sound as if the system is trying to change/eject the disc but not able to comlete the operation. I was totally scared and trying the normal switching off/on etc. did not help. So have I become another victim of skoda issues.

Pulled into the dealership workshop at Giriraj Motors Gurgaon and was greeted warmly. In about 15 minutes the service advisor could get the expert to look at the system and they tried the same things which I already tried. then they decided to open it up. On opening the face plate and the system, there was a mechanical reason for the electrical problem!! A one rupee coin was found stuck inside the sytem. Now I recall that my 4 years old daughter was trying to get her Rhymes cd in and she must have managed to put a smaller metal disc in!

I have been seeing a lot of skoda bashing directed at the A.S.S timed with the lauch of new Superb and the news about Laura facelift. To me a lot of it appears to be highly opiniated in almost the same way as Honda is defended in whatever thay do even if it is raising the prices on already overpriced cars. I know this is entering into controversial territory, but this is what I feel and notice.

Anyways Im happy with the performance 2250Kms so far in 2 months and one pleasant trip to the workshop this morning.

Cheers!

Danc
I have had some pleasant service trips to Skoda dealer too ...
Old 23rd March 2009, 18:39   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santsharan View Post
Thanks for the clarification. However, I haven't faced any such problem in Maruti 800 during the rains. Its probably luck or maybe 800 is tougher in this regard.
Due to high compression ratio's of diesel engine, even a slight bit of water through the intake air system can wreck havoc to the extent of bending connecting rods. Thats why all Diesel Vehicles have a water separator with the fuel filter to avoid water droplets reaching the cylinder.

Similarly Airlocks in the Fuel Line can wreck havoc with the Fuel Injection Pumps.

Last edited by MileCruncher : 23rd March 2009 at 18:43.
Old 26th March 2009, 15:08   #38
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

On opening the face plate and the system, there was a mechanical reason for the electrical problem!! A one rupee coin was found stuck inside the sytem. Now I recall that my 4 years old daughter was trying to get her Rhymes cd in and she must have managed to put a smaller metal disc in!

Cheers!

Danc
Hey i have faced a lot of problems with my Laura, but the workshop experience has overall been delightful.

By the way I did require the entire Audio unit to be replaced under warranty. (I guess they did not find any coins in mine) else I would have had to pay for it. CD changer unit had gone bad.
Old 26th March 2009, 15:13   #39
BHPian

Congrats Danc

Thats the best looking car in the segment and also I feel it has a great gearbox.

However,the only concern I have is the maintenance.So far so good.

I just hope you never have to visit the mechanic apart from the normal servicin work
Old 26th March 2009, 22:36   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Hey i have faced a lot of problems with my Laura, but the workshop experience has overall been delightful.

By the way I did require the entire Audio unit to be replaced under warranty. (I guess they did not find any coins in mine) else I would have had to pay for it. CD changer unit had gone bad.

The mechanic who attended my car mentioned that he is not noting down the "coin" thing in his repair report as it may affect the warranty in future!

That was very helpful and sounds a bit unbelievable if you read the overall opinion and sentiments on this forum about the Skoda A.S.S
Old 26th March 2009, 22:58   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_swift View Post
Congrats Danc

Thats the best looking car in the segment and also I feel it has a great gearbox.

However,the only concern I have is the maintenance.So far so good.

I just hope you never have to visit the mechanic apart from the normal servicin work
Thanks Joy,

Yes I do hope for the same and also that my car comes out quickly from the workshop in those regular maintenance trips without the internals being replaced!

Danc
Old 27th March 2009, 01:04   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The mechanic who attended my car mentioned that he is not noting down the "coin" thing in his repair report as it may affect the warranty in future!

That was very helpful and sounds a bit unbelievable if you read the overall opinion and sentiments on this forum about the Skoda A.S.S
Yes, my experiences with the Skoda A.S.S. have been pretty good too. I have never had any issues with the car so I go in only for regular services (usually after the prescribed time - but they kept my warranty going).

Rather a pleasant surprise to find a thread related to Skoda, Fiat or Tata that has still not turned into a bashing thread with a mob spewing venom (most of the mob never having used, much less owned, one). There are crooked people in all walks of life, no industry or brand is without a few rotten apples, one just has to be careful. Just a point of interest - in my town - the same group sells both the Mercedes and the Skodas. Sometimes they share the workshop space. If my Skoda A.S.S. is bad, it must be terrible for the Mercs - at their price!

Cheers,
Old 30th March 2009, 10:33   #43
BHPian

Quote:
I cant believe this

Maybe you went to a Maruti Service Station
Old 30th March 2009, 11:06   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
joy_swift : I cant believe this
Well, if DanC had been charged for that, then you would have said atleast a double " ". Would have been fun to see people's reactions if DanC had been charged.

These are the small things which needed just a little effort to resolve, and no parts were involved. Any A.S.S would have done it.
Old 30th March 2009, 11:34   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
These are the small things which needed just a little effort to resolve, and no parts were involved. Any A.S.S would have done it.

Looking at the problems which many users are having with Skoda A.S.S. , you could also think about this as following,

The dealership had a "opportunity" to charge and even claim that the system has gone bad, needs to be replaced out of warranty etc. as anything could have been wrong and a normal customer may not have had any way of knowing and verifying the facts, what Im pointing out here is that honesty still exists and many a times it is still found in the Skoda workshops.

Regarding the reference to Maruti service centers, that is another story, I have had some nasty experiences initially with my Baleno maintenance, though nothing anywhere close to what some Skoda owners have been experienced.

Cheers,

Danc

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks