Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2009, 21:30   #61
Senior - BHPian

Just saw this thread. Glad to know that you have moved on from the Palio. Wish you many happy miles of driving pleasure.
Old 29th March 2009, 01:42   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Just saw this thread. Glad to know that you have moved on from the Palio. Wish you many happy miles of driving pleasure.
Thank you for the wishes, buddy.
What are you driving these days..?
Old 30th March 2009, 23:04   #63
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

hey garry,
congrats on the buy. Please tell me the deal you got and the dealer also. My bro's interested in the same car. And any heads up with any problem that you have faced.

cheers
bharti22shresth
Old 30th March 2009, 23:24   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharti22shresth View Post
hey garry,
congrats on the buy. Please tell me the deal you got and the dealer also. My bro's interested in the same car. And any heads up with any problem that you have faced.

cheers
bharti22shresth
The dealer was Safdarjang Motors , Udyog Vihar Guirgaon, the deal was 4.95, on road, but this could be done with one sales person only(he is realy jugadu) , his phone number is with me and his name is kaushik, tell him that you are my friend and i would PM you my real name and his number as well.
The car is fantastic no problems till now , i have driven the car and the feel, is amazing man, you feel like you are an officer (remember the saying "respect comes naturaly with an accent").
But buddy if you have money , go for fiesta or ford ikon diesel you wouldnt regret, ford fiesta is better in pickup and the diesel ikon is better in mileage.
Accents pickup is not bad, however not as good as fiesta.
Old 18th April 2009, 03:07   #65
BHPian

Got the first service done last sunday here is the review:
i called up to book my car for the service on saturday and as my weekoffs are sunday monday , i was thinking that i would take the car on sunday to the workshop, Hyundai rep told me that they would have more cars coming in on sunday and wait time may exceed. Assuming the same i opted for monday as most of the people would not have an off on monday like me and i could ge the car serviced quickly.
When asked they told me that told me that the pick and drop facility is not available, so i asked my friend to accompany me in the WagonR , we reached at 10:30 am and were told that the car would be delievered to me at 2 pm. I took the necessary documents from the car , signed the jobcard and went to Ambience mall at NH 8. Spent some time in KFC , met my GF who works at the same mall, when we were going home , it would hacve been around 11:45am , my friend said there is no point going home then coming back to pickup to pickup the car as we would just burn more fuel.
He suggested if he could drop me at the workshop and i can wait untill the car is ready as the time given was 2 pm we still had almost two hours left in the deadline. I agreed that i can wait and started thinking that how would i spend 2 hrs in the workshop. When my friend droped me in safdarjang motors i went in looking for customer waiting area, I was amazed to see my car getting cleaned by a cleaner.
I went in and service advisor told me that the service has been done and the car was just getting cleaned for the delievery , WOW they saved my time which i was thinking, i would have to spend waiting. I was realy impressed and gave 50 bucks to the cleaner and went home.
Thats good service provided , pretty impressed by HYundai.
Old 18th April 2009, 08:28   #66
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by garry.brant View Post
Thats good service provided , pretty impressed by HYundai.
Join the club, brother. I had a similar experience when I took my Verna for its second service. The advisor was helpful right from the start, offered me good, useful advice. The service was completed in time. Plus one rattle which had surfaced after the first service was also rectified. What I loved most was the sight when I walked into the workshop at the alloted time (to collect the car) and found 6 mechanics polishing the car all at once! Its nice to see our beloved beauties taken care of.

Does Hyundai also call you to take your feedback on the ownership experience, and/or the service standards?
Old 6th May 2009, 15:37   #67
BHPian

Hey Garry, Just saw this thread and couldn't resist replying. Actually I went through the same thing as you did. I sold my 2003 model Palio 1.2 Sport model (Galaxy Black) for exactly 1,50,000 and bought an Accent GLE Petrol (Real Earth) from Samara Hyundai last year in August.

Even though the dealership experience was not that great, but the car covered up for everything. I simply love the car. With a light foot in the city I get about 11-12 kmpl. Ride quality is alright but the air conditioning is great. I got the following accessories installed in my car over a period of two months. Just thought may be you could use some of the information so sharing it here with you.

1. Alpine iDA-X300 HU
2. Alpine BT350 adapter for phone connectivity
3. Pioneer 6x9 oval speakers for the rear
4. Pioneer 6" for the front door
5. Rear electric curtain
6. Side curtains for 4 doors along which roll up and down with the windows
7. AUTOFORM seat covers
8. RD Reverse Sensors
9. Automatic window up relay
10. Bosch HID Headlights 6000K
11. Fog lights again with Bosch HID 6000k
12. Power Antenna
13. Lumar window tints on the sides and rear (50% visibility)
14. 3M window tint on the windshield (70% visibility)
15. Black tape on B-Pillars
16. Autocop central locking
17. Colour coordinated stearing cover and also door pads.
18. Cabin floor lights (2 below the dashboard and 2 below the front seats for rear)
19. Bosch pressure horn.
20. Body coloured side mirror covers with LED indicators.
Old 6th May 2009, 16:34   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

@Somu, thats a pretty comprehensive accessorry list you got for your Accent. Since i have the same car, interested to know the pricing for the equipment you bought and hope it's below the actual price of the car.

Would be nice if you can share
Old 6th May 2009, 17:12   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somu2009 View Post
Hey Garry, Just saw this thread and couldn't resist replying. Actually I went through the same thing as you did. I sold my 2003 model Palio 1.2 Sport model (Galaxy Black) for exactly 1,50,000 and bought an Accent GLE Petrol (Real Earth) from Samara Hyundai last year in August.

Even though the dealership experience was not that great, but the car covered up for everything. I simply love the car. With a light foot in the city I get about 11-12 kmpl. Ride quality is alright but the air conditioning is great. I got the following accessories installed in my car over a period of two months. Just thought may be you could use some of the information so sharing it here with you.

1. Alpine iDA-X300 HU
2. Alpine BT350 adapter for phone connectivity
3. Pioneer 6x9 oval speakers for the rear
4. Pioneer 6" for the front door
5. Rear electric curtain
6. Side curtains for 4 doors along which roll up and down with the windows
7. AUTOFORM seat covers
8. RD Reverse Sensors
9. Automatic window up relay
10. Bosch HID Headlights 6000K
11. Fog lights again with Bosch HID 6000k
12. Power Antenna
13. Lumar window tints on the sides and rear (50% visibility)
14. 3M window tint on the windshield (70% visibility)
15. Black tape on B-Pillars
16. Autocop central locking
17. Colour coordinated stearing cover and also door pads.
18. Cabin floor lights (2 below the dashboard and 2 below the front seats for rear)
19. Bosch pressure horn.
20. Body coloured side mirror covers with LED indicators.
Cool accessories dude.
Share some photos.
Old 6th May 2009, 22:06   #70
Senior - BHPian

what is the price of the rear electric curtain, and the curtain used for the door glass are the hook type which rolls with the window.
and can post a small video for the same.
Old 6th May 2009, 22:18   #71
BHPian

congrats!! It's a good choice for that budget. Buddy it's a blessing in disguise not to get a stock factory fitted trashy music system. Save up and get some good ICE
Old 6th May 2009, 23:39   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
@Somu, thats a pretty comprehensive accessorry list you got for your Accent. Since i have the same car, interested to know the pricing for the equipment you bought and hope it's below the actual price of the car.

Would be nice if you can share
Yes, it almost close to 20% of the cost of the car but i this makes my car little bit different and also personalized than the other accents on the road. don't you think so? Sure I can tell you the pricing for anything that my car has, which one would you like to know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
Cool accessories dude.
Share some photos.
I started with team-bhp couple of days ago and still learning about uploading photos but will definitely do so in a couple of days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
what is the price of the rear electric curtain, and the curtain used for the door glass are the hook type which rolls with the window.
and can post a small video for the same.
I bought the rear electric curtain for 4k and the paid 3.5k for the door glass for a complete set of 4 curtains. i'm still trying to figure out as to how to upload videos since I am a newbie here but will do so in a couple of days for sure.

Since a few team members wanted to know, so here is the pricing...

1. Alpine iDA-X300 HU = 10,000
2. Alpine BT350 adapter for phone connectivity = 13,000
3. Pioneer 6x9 oval speakers for the rear = 4800
4. Pioneer 6" for the front door = 1600
5. Rear electric curtain = 4000
6. Side curtains for 4 doors along which roll up and down with the windows = 3500
7. AUTOFORM seat covers = 9000
8. RD Reverse Sensors = 3500
9. Automatic window up relay = 1500
10. Bosch HID Headlights 6000K = 6500
11. Fog lights again with Bosch HID 6000k = 750+6000
12. Power Antenna = 950
13. Lumar window tints on the sides and rear (50% visibility) = 2500
14. 3M window tint on the windshield (70% visibility) = 1500
15. Black tape on B-Pillars = 450
16. Autocop central locking = 4500
17. Colour coordinated stearing cover and also door pads. = 1200
18. Cabin floor lights (2 below the dashboard and 2 below the front seats for rear) = 3600
19. Bosch pressure horn.
20. Body coloured side mirror covers with LED indicators = 2500

Mod's Note: Please do not make back to back posts. Use the Multiquote button to respond to multiple posts at one go. If the content is already posted then use the Edit button in the 1st 20 mins of posting.

Posts merged.

Last edited by Zappo : 7th May 2009 at 00:05. Reason: Too many consecutive posts. All merged.
Old 16th May 2009, 16:35   #73

Very interested in getting a good price like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by garry.brant View Post
The Model is 2009 , let me know in case you are interested , i can get you a good deal from one my friends working with hyundai.
Garry, Please let me know as I would be interested in buying one right away. I also have a palio 1.6 2002 GTX, but that's quite old and I'm thinking of a car with more boot space.

Could you pm or contact at deepakshenoy at gmail - I am in Gurgaon now...

Thanks,
Deepak
Palio 1.6 GTX 2002 Formula Red
Old 16th May 2009, 20:10   #74
BHPian

definately , anytime you want to have a test drive call me up
Old 16th May 2009, 22:23   #75
BHPian

Congratulations on your purchase. It is unfortunate that you had such experiences with the Palio, which is a great car otherwise.
Coming to your purchase, I have to say that you've made an excellent choice by going for the Accent. It is a car loaded with all the features you'd like on any sedan, and comes at a really affordable price. Congratulations again! Enjoy your new ride.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks