Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2009, 12:01   #106
BHPian

Linea Side mirror cover separately available

The day I was extra good and in really good mood, the road was jammed just outside my home. The Tata Sumo cab driving was breaking the line and coming onto my right, on the wrong side of the road. There was no way he could proceed further. I rolled down the window and told him nicely not to do like as it would block the opposite traffic and cause jam. I also explained that we all want to go and are waiting for turns, so he should have stood in the line. He showed guilt with my nice words. And I told him to go ahead of me and join the line. He turned left and crushed my right side mirror. I could hear the crushing sound. But I saw that nothing happened to my mirror as it was dead slow movements. Next morning, my wife asked me where the cover of the side mirror had fallen off. I was fuming.

Now, not sure whether I would get only the cover of the mirror. It looked as if I should get by looking at the design. I went to the spares shop in Concorde on my way to office. They were not hopeful, but searching for it in the big book of spares. 10 mins, we couldn't find it. I told them that I would come some other day or please find it out and I would call. Today I was ready to change since the whole mirror itself was coming around 1800 only for the electric one, plus they mentioned 200 or so for painting on the black cover. I said ok, and opened the mirror pack. It didn't have the cover. Wow! I was happy, because I felt that the cover should be coming separately. A few minutes of search on their inventory. Yes!! Rs 58 for the right side cover!!! Nothing can beat this. Yeah! I will have to pay another 200 or 250 for the painting. Still, I saved Rs. 1800!!
Old 6th July 2009, 12:11   #107
Senior - BHPian

Aha,Spares are very cheap GOOD.
Heard,For Skoda Laura L&K,RVM is around Rs.75000.
God saves me by buying the Italian Beauty.
Old 6th July 2009, 12:33   #108
BHPian

Also I like the design of the mirrors. They travel backwards also.
In tight traffic jams, when overzealous bike-fellows try to get ahead of you and hit the mirror ... it travels backwards, thereby no breakage!
This happened 3 times now in traffic.
Old 6th July 2009, 12:34   #109
BHPian

That's great news. Rs. 300 (including painting) is a steal!

Hope Fiat will keep the price of spares low even in 2 - 3 years from now as that is when most Linea buyers will start needing them!

Last edited by CarsPG : 6th July 2009 at 12:52.
Old 6th July 2009, 12:38   #110
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
Yes!! Rs 58 for the right side cover!!! Nothing can beat this. Yeah! I will have to pay another 200 or 250 for the painting. Still, I saved Rs. 1800!!
Welcome Back, Opendro to your own thread. . Continue posting with updates.

BTW, RVM cover means what? Is it the backside body-colored cover of the mirror?
If so, why do you need to paint it? Does it come in primal balck only?
Old 6th July 2009, 13:29   #111
Senior - BHPian

Nice to hear the spares are cheap. If only the TATA people knew it early you could have purchased it well before. I am surprised that these guys see the inventory even after 6 months after the launch of the car........
Old 6th July 2009, 14:01   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Welcome Back, Opendro to your own thread. . Continue posting with updates.

BTW, RVM cover means what? Is it the backside body-colored cover of the mirror?
If so, why do you need to paint it? Does it come in primal balck only?
Yes. It is the backside body colored cover. That can be removed. It comes in black only and needs to be painted.
Old 6th July 2009, 14:22   #113
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsPG View Post
That's great news. Rs. 300 (including painting) is a steal!

Hope Fiat will keep the price of spares low even in 2 - 3 years from now as that is when most Linea buyers will start needing them!
Aha..Should we buy 2-3 ORVM covers & keep in stock?
Kidding. Rs. 250-300 is great
And Neo - I agree. The backward movement of ORVM is actually a much more useful feature as thats the way usually it gets broken. THis backward movement may prevent/ reduce such breakages
Old 6th July 2009, 17:51   #114
Senior - BHPian

Hey opendro.. I think a good polish should get that scratch packing. It may be a bit expensive and not worth the money since the scratch is barely visible. But if it really bugs you, give it a shot.
Old 6th July 2009, 18:05   #115
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
good polish should get that scratch packing. It may be a bit expensive and not worth the money since the scratch is barely visible.
Which Scratch ? I don't see Opendro talking about any scratch or I missed it?
Old 4th August 2009, 10:18   #116
BHPian

Longer city drive mileage update

As I mentioned earlier, I don't get to drive long enough in city as my office is 2.5Km from home and engine is not even warmed by the time I park my car in tight spot parkings.

This weekend, I got to drive longer inside the city. Yes, it was not as congested as week days, but congested enough in the evenings. I drove 100% AC with two adults, with a lot of stops here and there, keep engine running in signals, drove 350Km in the three days in Bangalore city. Mostly good roads, a few bad ones. Got a mileage of 15.5 Kmpl. The odo is now 9600 Km in less than six months.
Old 5th October 2009, 18:21   #117
BHPian

Window bidding chrome one piece had fallen off

Guys. It is finally my turn! I would have driven about 3000 Km in the last four weeks, all in heavy rains and in some cases bad patches of roads. Vehicle is doing great. But the chrome bidding below the right rear window C pillar (the last smaller piece) had fallen off and I didn't realize it :( I have called Concorde and informed them. They do have the chrome bidding in stock (would be expecting it from me, one of the first Linea owners).

The mud flap I bought (not from Fiat/Tata) has been torn due to driving in bad roads. Planning to change the same to the Fiat one in the 15000 Km service, which will be in two weeks.
Old 5th October 2009, 20:44   #118
BANNED

opendro

If I remem ber correctly, your after-market mudflaps looked better than the OEM ones.
Old 6th October 2009, 07:50   #119
Senior - BHPian

Opendro newer mudflaps are available at TASS. Looks better than old ones. I saw it in TASS the other day!!
Old 6th October 2009, 09:53   #120
BHPian

Thanks Amit and Geeash. So, if I understand there are two kinds of mud flaps for Linea. @Amit, though the mud flap I had bought looked better, it is of hard type and it tends to get torn on bad patches of roads (I do abuse my car quite often). If the originial mud flaps look too long hanging down, I might try to chop off a bit.

Most Viewed