Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2009, 11:04   #46
Senior - BHPian

opendro, gr8 choice of colour on this beauty, congratulations! Also your seat covers are looking cool, sorry to see that scratch.Waiting to hear more from you.CHEERS!!!
Old 2nd March 2009, 10:15   #47
BHPian

Another mileage report

This time to Tirupati. Four adults and one child (18 Kg). Moderately good road, but need a lot of braking. Mileage 18+ while going. Coming back, I got only about 16-.

The only mistake I did while coming was to go behing a Verna CRDI. Both of us were driving okay initially. At one speed breaker, he almost hit me from behind. He got a small kid in the front seat (which I never allow for my kid). That prompted him to go ahead of me and I would just love to try my luck with this CRDi machine that I respect so well. Even in places when I could overtake, I chose to go behind but keep following. He was touching 140+ once in a while and everytime there would be a full stop because of trucks and buses (single lane road), both of us would try our best to pick as quickly as possible. I could always keep behind him.

I remember megazines claiming that Verna would eat Linea for lunch on straight. I doubt. Not at least till 150 Kmph, not at least when I'm driving.

Ok. Apologies for such a reckless driving. I was pushing too fast on that road. As I mentioned, I was pushing my luck a bit too far though I could feel the car solid even at those not so good road.

I uploaded a photo for mats. They look too white but not in real. It was because of the flash in my camera. It actually matches with the carpet color.
Attached Thumbnails
My Linea MJD Emotion Pack Flamingo Red-matfront.jpg  

My Linea MJD Emotion Pack Flamingo Red-matrear.jpg  

Last edited by opendro : 2nd March 2009 at 10:17.
Old 2nd March 2009, 12:38   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
This time to Tirupati. Four adults and one child (18 Kg). Moderately good road, but need a lot of braking. Mileage 18+ while going. Coming back, I got only about 16-.

I remember megazines claiming that Verna would eat Linea for lunch on straight. I doubt. Not at least till 150 Kmph, not at least when I'm driving.

Ok. Apologies for such a reckless driving. I was pushing too fast on that road. As I mentioned, I was pushing my luck a bit too far though I could feel the car solid even at those not so good road.
that's excellent FE by the look of things - inspite of you pushing hard and getting a return of 15-16 is respectable. The engines does feel underpowered IMHO wrt the acceleration but you can get speeds of 160+ with the Linea with some spirited driving.

And do drive safe with family inside and always insist on seatbelts.
Old 2nd March 2009, 12:59   #49
BHPian

Congrats on the new car and the fuel efficiency figures are really good.
Try rub the scratches with the Formula 1 Scratch out. I always keep a bottle handy in my car. It is for about 200rs.
Old 2nd March 2009, 13:13   #50

That's excellent FE indeed. Congrats for the Hot Linea Opendro.. I'm looking forward for a detailed review once you are done with a few thousand km's on the odo.

Cheers,
DJ
Old 2nd March 2009, 15:03   #51
Senior - BHPian

As my recent TD suggests Linea can go to 150 easily with confidence. Have not tested above it so cant comment. FE figures are excellent and expected.
Old 2nd March 2009, 17:52   #52
BHPian

Good God! The Linea looks grand in the pictures, red is look sooo posh. Opendro, after seeing your thread I had a change of heart, instead of buying a Black, I am going for the Red too. Cant wait any longer.. nice reivew too. Keep them coming helps all the Linea owners to exchange information.
Old 2nd March 2009, 18:44   #53
BHPian

My Linea sets a milestone

Wanted to share this with everyone. My Linea touches 1000 kms on road.
Attached Thumbnails
My Linea MJD Emotion Pack Flamingo Red-linea-1000-kms.jpg  

Old 2nd March 2009, 19:24   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
This time to Tirupati. Four adults and one child (18 Kg). Moderately good road, but need a lot of braking. Mileage 18+ while going. Coming back, I got only about 16.
Excellent is all I can say. For a car this huge, getting 18+ is simply awesome. With this kind of mileage, who wants a hatchback anyways?
Old 2nd March 2009, 22:28   #55
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Prash

Congratulations Prash.

It was a wonderful pic! I very rarely get to see those 'milestones' on my odo, but notice it after a few kms. you must have been extremely vigilant and well prepared, to have taken that snap. Kudos to you man.

Cheers,
Old 4th March 2009, 10:37   #56
BHPian

Beware Linea engine oil

Announcement first: I finally got my engine oil changed, at Concorde, Christ College. Caution at the end of this post.

The service manager Jairam there kept me updated about the availability almost every alternate days through SMS. In spite of the fact that they should have had the engine oil in the first place, I was still happy with their handling. He finally called me informing that it is available, it was yesterday.

I drove there right away. My odo reading 1961Km. I already reset at 180 earlier and it would have run a few more when the speedo was disconnected. Overall, I would take it 2200+Km. Jairam took the car inside and asked me if I would want to watch the service engineers doing the work. I was happy but declined asking him to show me the old oil filter alone. After the oil was drained, he called me and I saw them removing the filter. It dirty, of course, but not to the extent I expected. I didn't find any deposits of debris. I felt that I could have run till 3000. Anyway, play safe. Happy to change.

Oil was "Made in Italy", forgot the brand, some brand 5W-40. Cost was about 580 + VAT per litre and needs a little more than 3 litres. With filter, it cost me 3000. He told me that I wouldn't need to change again when I come for the 3000 service. He additionally cleaned air filter, checked a couple of things, all at free of cost. I requested him that he charge me the labour and I care only about a good service. I would like to pay. He still made it free. They also cleaned the car. I was very happy and satisfied.

I can really feel a huge difference in the response and smoothness in the drive.

Now the caution part. This new oil seems to be a synthetic one (at least from the bill). I have not read every detail carefully. I have a can with me and the fourth litre was hardly used. I can check and update on that later. For now I would assume that it is synthetic and made to last longer.

So, if it is really a synthetic one and if you believe that synthetic oil causes glaze in the cylinder walls and prevents a good break-in or runin, then my suggestion to every Linea owner would be to run this 3000 Km within 3 months. If you hardly use the car and they eventually change to synthetic oil after 3 months with very few on odo, then the engine may never complete the break-in. This is just my opinion if you believe in non-synthetic for run-in.

Last edited by opendro : 4th March 2009 at 10:40.
Old 4th March 2009, 10:53   #57
Senior - BHPian

Congrats opendro. You cant go wrong with the linea. Its looks stunning in this color.

@dr_know: Alloy options are not easy with the linea since it has 98 PCD.
Old 4th March 2009, 11:14   #58
BHPian

Thanks opendro, that is really some good piece of advise for potential Linea owners.
Old 4th March 2009, 12:48   #59
BHPian

Sorry for the last posting of the pics. I got my Linea on 2nd Feb but didnt have time to click pics and update it. So finally doing it.

Details abt the pics :
1) The stunning Linea
2) I just love these wipers. And you can also see Indias tallest towers on the glass as well as the hood. I reside just near those towers
3) Center console with Ganpati Bappa sitting above it.
4) To my shock i suppose for everyone, I got these floor mats along with the car at no extra cost.
5) Engine gaurd can been seen below the engine. My Accent had a plastic and this one is a thick metal one.
6) Stunning Fiat logo which looks just great in the front as well as the rear. The front looks much better as its fitted on the silver grill. So the red colour logo shows of well on it. You can see me also.
7) The USB connection in the glove box. At times its difficult to slot a pen drive in it.

Once again sorry for the late pics.
Attached Thumbnails
My Linea MJD Emotion Pack Flamingo Red-dcp_3948.jpg  

My Linea MJD Emotion Pack Flamingo Red-dcp_3963.jpg  

My Linea MJD Emotion Pack Flamingo Red-dcp_3965.jpg  

My Linea MJD Emotion Pack Flamingo Red-dcp_3972.jpg  

My Linea MJD Emotion Pack Flamingo Red-dcp_3975.jpg  

My Linea MJD Emotion Pack Flamingo Red-dcp_3982.jpg  

My Linea MJD Emotion Pack Flamingo Red-dcp_3991.jpg  

Old 4th March 2009, 13:10   #60
BHPian

Lovely detailed pictures there Prash. Enjoy your ride! Have you started using the Blue & Me yet?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks