Team-BHP - My Road Rocket - Getz CRDi
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   My Road Rocket - Getz CRDi (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/54190-my-road-rocket-getz-crdi.html)

Finally I have sat down to write this piece on owning this Hot hatchback – aka The Road Rocket :D

I have been wanting to do this for the last 5 months. I took the delivery on the October 14 and have been busy driving it (quite literally). I have clocked 7500 kms already :eek:. (last time I wanted to post this my odo read 3800)

Needless to say it’s an absolute pleasure to drive and I just can't keep off it lol. I just keep finding excuses to drive it. If you love driving this car deserves more than a look.

I choose this car over the Fabia, Swift, Palio (diesel variants) for the sheer power it has, although I think if only we could get a car with the Fabia (safety features, ride quality, accessories) with this engine. Now that would be the perfect hatchback.

Buying Notes :
Although I never got a test drive from the hyundai dealer here in Pune, they gave me excellent service all through and were very helpful. Initially they agreed to a 5000/- discount and accessories worth 10,000/-. I thought buying the accessories from the dealer would limit my choices so I pushed for a cash discount instead. I fail to understand why Hyundai is not doing anything to market this little monster; it deserves a separate ad campaign and a better package like the Getz 1.3 GLX in the same price.

My wishlist for the Road Rocket : in the order of importance

Airbags – an absolute necessity for such a fast car
Tubless Tyres – What was Hyundai thinking !! ??
ABS – would be nice to have it as an option.
Rear Wash Wipe – the authorities should make this mandatory for all cars in India, its time we realised this is safety feature and not a high end addon (Skoda realises this and has it on all variants including the most basic Active variant)
Rear Defogger – again a safety feature
Alloys – em.. for me a car is incomplete without a good set of alloys
In Dash CD/USB Player – adds to the overall cabin look aftermarket fitments don’t really gel well.
Keyless Entry – A better looking key, I absolutely hate the key, wish I would could have the Fabia Ambiente’s/i20’s key.

Having said that it was a much better experience than going to any other dealership (Skoda, Maruti, Fiat Included).

My Setup :
Hyundai Getz Prime CRDi – 1.5 L/110 BHP
Michelin 185/60 R14 Pilot Preceda 2
Plati Alloys x 5
Pioneer 6050 Double Din Player - wish it had a green back light though
JBL GT5 650 C Front Speakers
JBL GT5 652 C Rear Speakers
Poly Vinyl Two Tone Seat Covers
Bosch Wintone Horn
Autocop XS 2500
Petes Tyre Checkers

I got all the accessories fitted at Poona Motors, East Street, Pune. They even modified my spare tyre bolt so that it would fit after changing the rims to alloys. Excellent service.

Please let me know your comments about the alloys, I am having doubts about how good they look, I might just exchange them later on if I have the money to spare. Wish Lenso had more options in 14” alloys. Poona motors had just 1 set of lenso 14” which were not really to my taste.

Engine & Performance : Ultra responsive engine and very refined for a diesel, Autocar calls it the Road Rocket and aptly so. The engine never feels out of power. Everytime you overtake, it will leave you smiling from ear to ear. Turbo whine anyone ? Oodles of Torque makes it a little tricky when you want to drive it in bumper to bumper traffic but I am not complaining. Having the AC on has minimal effect on the engine power as well. On my last trip to Mumbai via the expressway I floored the throttle and had the ODO reading 183 Kms/Hr! Didn’t really stick to that insane speed though, just wanted to do it once and see what it feels like. Power delivery is so smooth on this engine you will find yourself doing 130/140 without much fuss, you have to actually keep an eye on the odo to make sure you are not breaking rules or being unsafe.

Ride and Handling : The ride is a bit stiff (stiffer than the petrol, which is how Hyundai ships it to off set the extra weight of the diesel engine) but the handling is adequate thanks to the Michelin 185/60 R14 PP2’s which I exchanged with the stock TubeType Tyres. Paid Rs. 9000/- for the exchange (Darshan Tyres, FC Road).

Interiors : Decent and very roomy interiors, hate the fake wood finish though. Wish I could have the brushed aluminum look from 1.1 Petrol GVS.

Here are some pictures of my baby. Let me know what you guys think.

Great buy ! Have a great time. Drive safe.

Rippergeo where are you ? hehehe :D

Hey Greaky The car looks cool and the pug Ultra Cool . Congrats on ownig this beast.

Congrats. Welcome to the Getz CRDi club..

hey congrats.

thats a great set of wheels.glad u went in for the crdi.

drive safe

Congrats greaky.

That is a very risky place to park your car. You are right on a blind curve.

Oh so you own a pug,
uber cool man.

p.s. just read, you have a getz crdi. lol:

It is a damn amazing car . Yes misses out a few features but then sometimes who cares :)

Enjoy it and drive carefully

hehehe.. Thanks.. she is a real sweetheart.. shes been with me on each of my trips out of the city.. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by hari78 (Post 1190386)
Hey Greaky The car looks cool and the pug Ultra Cool . Congrats on ownig this beast.

Congrats on the car bro.Thats a stonker.Man I just love the Hyundai CRDi engines.110 PS of power with 24 kgm of torque for a hatch is just mindblowing.:Shockked: Although why they don't have ABS and aibags even as an option is silly.For this kind of power,it is essential IMO.
Good choice on the color and the alloys.
Just curious,how much did your ICE cost you?It'd be great if you could mention the prices itemwise.
Enjoy your ride and drive safe mate.

Cheers

Greaky - good buy. Did you check whether the dealer has the aluminium finish panel ? i think u can easily replace the wood panel either with dealer or even in some accessory shop
but the seat covers kind of match with the wood finish. so it looks better now

Hey Undead .. here are the prices :

Michelin 185/60 R14 Pilot Preceda 2 - 9,000 (buyback of the stock tyres)
Plati Alloys x 5 17,500
Pioneer 6050 Double Din Player - wish it had a green back light though 13,000
JBL GT5 650 C Front Speakers 6,500 (for both front and rear speakers)
JBL GT5 652 C Rear Speakers
Poly Vinyl Two Tone Seat Covers 4,800 - they are made to order
Bosch Wintone Horn 700
Autocop XS 2500 2500
Petes Tyre Checkers 600

Quote:

Originally Posted by undead (Post 1190405)

Quote:

Originally Posted by revtech (Post 1190412)
hey congrats.

drive safe

Quote:

Originally Posted by maverick030581 (Post 1190460)
Congrats on the car bro.Thats a stonker.Man I just love the Hyundai CRDi engines.110 PS of power with 24 kgm of torque for a hatch is just mindblowing.:Shockked: Although why they don't have ABS and aibags even as an option is silly.For this kind of power,it is essential IMO.
Good choice on the color and the alloys.
Just curious,how much did your ICE cost you?It'd be great if you could mention the prices itemwise.
Enjoy your ride and drive safe mate.

Cheers

Thanks guys.. the only thing I need now is a good quality spoiler.. Hyundai is quoting 9000 :Frustrati and my accessories guy had one which was seriously bad build quality.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 (Post 1190430)
Oh so you own a pug,
uber cool man.

p.s. just read, you have a getz crdi. lol:

It is a damn amazing car . Yes misses out a few features but then sometimes who cares :)

Enjoy it and drive carefully

Quote:

Originally Posted by revtech (Post 1190412)
hey congrats.

drive safe

Quote:

Originally Posted by undead (Post 1190405)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpzen (Post 1190373)
Great buy ! Have a great time. Drive safe.

I did enquire about it but they said they could not do it, also the door also has bits of the same wood inserts so I guess that would have never worked.

Quote:

Originally Posted by narayan (Post 1190495)
Greaky - good buy. Did you check whether the dealer has the aluminium finish panel ? i think u can easily replace the wood panel either with dealer or even in some accessory shop
but the seat covers kind of match with the wood finish. so it looks better now

Its a great looking hatch and a greater looking pug !! Congrats for owning both and keeping them both together most of the time. Pug has increased its face-value after Vodafone has promoted it in a big way. So, does she help you in washing the car, finding your socks or keeping your towel while u are in the pool etc ?lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpzen (Post 1190373)

Right here! :Frustrati

Congrats Greaky- dont mind me, I have this habit of popping into every getz CRDi thread and moaning about the one that got away.