Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2009, 13:36   #31
Senior - BHPian

The first Linea petrol on the forum. Congratulations ntranced. Very good initial review of your new car. Would like to know more on the performance of the petrol because like other members here, I too have driven the diesel and it would great to do a comparo since I guess you have driven both cars.

Happy motoring.

P.S Nice to know you had a pleasent dealer experience. Do update this thread on your service experiences you encounter in the future.

Last edited by Dippy : 27th February 2009 at 13:37.
Old 27th February 2009, 13:58   #32
BHPian

Congrats ntranced, looks fantastic in this colour! Fantastic bang for the buck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
People keep mentioning that the car is under powered, but going back historically to just about 13 years back, I do remember a 70 BHP Esteme being seen as fast and well powered and then later a 80 BHP Cielo was the the most powerfull car on the road till just about 8-9 years back, (leaving aside the Merc,)
ACM, agree with you - but expectations change over time. The first time I drove a Zen, i was shocked at how fast it would go! The first time I drove the Carbed Esteem, I was blown away! I recently took a BMW 530d TD and nothing ever feels the same again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
So with 90 Bhp of power on hand for both the petrol and diesel, the car should actually be fairly decently powered. Even the Current Octavia diesel is just about 90 Bhp and though the New city is at about 115 Bhp, its not just engine power that makes up a car.
ACM, somehow, the Linea D/P is nowhere close to the Octavia/NHC in city driving.

The Octavia 1.9TD is superbly geared with NO lag whatsoever. Feels really peppy in traffic. I never got the feeling that its underpowered. Most Octavias I see speed away in traffic with that lovely turbo hiss. In fact, when I TDed the Magnum D, I felt it was less responsive in bumper to bumper city traffic with a definitely noticeable lag.

The NHC is also nicely peppy and pulls away very linearly in traffic. Has a good 0-100 kmph time too (13.5 odd sec). IMHO, on the highway, it feels slightly out of breath only beyond 150. We had an Accent 1.5 GLS with a supposed '94 ps' and it felt way, way slower than the NHC.

Both the Linea Petrol and the Diesel (Yes, I TDed them) were 'adequate' yes, but are nowhere as good as even the NHC or the Octavia in day to day city driving.

Note, I love the Linea for its VFM factor, but sorry, its just not fun to drive.
Old 27th February 2009, 14:01   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
P.S Nice to know you had a pleasent dealer experience. Do update this thread on your service experiences you encounter in the future.
ntranced, I can see that you have bought the car from Rama Motors (by reading the "Be Our Guest" sticker on your windshield). They are the newest Tata-Fiat dealer (earlier called Rama Hyundai, I think). Do let me know about the kind of service that you are getting from them, as they have been inviting people on PUG to try their Service Centre.

P.S. With a 15,000 km Service Interval and doing 1000 kms a month with a Petrol Linea, you will end up visiting them only once a year!
Old 27th February 2009, 14:06   #34
Senior - BHPian

Love the car. Congrats.

Waiting for review regarding the performance part
Old 27th February 2009, 14:06   #35
BHPian

congrats on your buy. linea looks a class apart car. nice contours and straight tapering line.
just wanted to ask how does the car pull with a petrol engine on it? i couldnt test drive the petrol. but i guess the engine feels small for such a big car. what was the on road price for petrol variant?
Old 27th February 2009, 14:34   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAGON_R View Post
congrats on your buy. linea looks a class apart car. nice contours and straight tapering line.
just wanted to ask how does the car pull with a petrol engine on it? i couldnt test drive the petrol. but i guess the engine feels small for such a big car. what was the on road price for petrol variant?
He's already mentioned the onroad price dear.7.26L. Neways congrats Ntranced. Love the beauty. When this car was launched I thought that the golden and the black colour would outsell others. But I guess this flamingo red is the way to go. Looks very elegant in it. Keep it clean though.
Old 27th February 2009, 14:57   #37
BHPian

Thank you for your comment on the ac recycle thing. So you mean if I am taking in fresh air its good for my health? If there is anything more about this than do let me know please.
And about the after sales part I quoted that because lot of people are worried and as you rightly said by the ones who dont own a Fiat. But I had a small experience with the service part and I was very happy with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
1. The A/c is best left with the "recycle" off. The fresh air will do you good. It can be put in re-cylce mode when the outside air is very dusty or smoky. The 'fresh-air' mode means that the A/c. takes in a small quantity of outside air and recycles a major portion of the air in the cabin, so the effect on the cooling is not very high.

2. I lvoed your comment on the A.S.S. I went through some threads about the A.S.S. of the other vehicles and found that they too had the same short-comings. So relax, the Fiat A.S.S. is not any worse than the others. Maybe the Fiat owners are a finiky lot and complain more. Incidentally, I found the most damning comments about the poor A.S.S. of Fiat are by people who do not have Fiats!

Cheers,
Old 27th February 2009, 15:10   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
ntranced, I can see that you have bought the car from Rama Motors (by reading the "Be Our Guest" sticker on your windshield). They are the newest Tata-Fiat dealer (earlier called Rama Hyundai, I think). Do let me know about the kind of service that you are getting from them, as they have been inviting people on PUG to try their Service Centre.

P.S. With a 15,000 km Service Interval and doing 1000 kms a month with a Petrol Linea, you will end up visiting them only once a year!
Well the experience with the dealer was quite satisfactory, they stuck to their commitments and thats what matters the most for me. They have a few teething problems though since its a new dealership like hey dint have the online system for registeration running which caused a days delay for the delivery. Apart from that all went smooth, they never pressurised me for taking the loan from them or for the insurance part, got both things done on my own and got a good deal.

Thanks everyone for the good wishes, thats what i like about this forum, its informative and feels like an extended family
Old 27th February 2009, 15:17   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAGON_R View Post
Well the car is not a stonker for sure but pulls effortlessly but not in a hurry, but revv it in the late second and third gear and you will love the sound. Even i thought that the engine was small for this big a car but then it doesnt seem so to me atleast plus my considerations are met namely comfort, class and good fuel efficiency. BTW this fuel efficiency can be subjective, to me its quiet good coz im used to a FE of 7-7.5 from my Opel Corsa so anything in double digits is a boon for me. And i always drive with AC on coz i cant stand the dust and noise from outside and this ACC is getting me hooked, cools efficiently to desired temperature, have tried from 16 to 25 degress with great results.

I will be going to gurgaon today for a party and will be taking the toll, will surely revv it in limits and clear all of your doubts about the alleged slowness and speeding issues, hope i come up with affirmitive answers tomorrow.
Old 27th February 2009, 15:53   #40
BHPian

amazing pics ntranced!
congratz on your buy and enjoy the beauty!
Old 27th February 2009, 17:27   #41
BHPian

Hi ntranced, Congratulations for the first P Linea on Team-BHP!
Wish i could buyone. The color is amazing. Nice pics!
Old 27th February 2009, 18:09   #42
BHPian

congrats ntrance. car's absolutely stunning and makes one desire to buy one.

Does FL also has an automatic variant, any idea on the price and availability
Old 27th February 2009, 18:33   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoneer View Post
congrats ntrance. car's absolutely stunning and makes one desire to buy one.

Does FL also has an automatic variant, any idea on the price and availability
Naah! The Linea does not have an automatic tranny yet,but if the sales go the way our forum admiration for Linea is,then we can expect it in the near future.
Old 27th February 2009, 18:38   #44
BHPian

Very good pics! Looks stunning in that color.

It is good to see the first petrol Linea vehicle in this forum. Once again safe driving.
Old 27th February 2009, 20:44   #45
BHPian

Great pics. The car looks fantastic. I did not like the position of the cigarette lighter though. If you plug a wired devices to it, the cable would be in your way for changing gears.

The rear light cluster reminds me of the current Chevy Impala in US now.

Most Viewed