Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2009, 13:57   #76
BHPian

Could somebody please pass on FIAT sales manager's contact details?

Thanks
Old 10th March 2009, 14:02   #77
Senior - BHPian

Every car does some running before being delivered. Ideally the Odo should not be reset at all. The thing to watch out for is excessive running. It seems that Fiat has insisted on seperate TD cars which have stickers all along the side etc declaring them to be test cars. I see these cars quite often.

The only way to check for exessive running is to check the cables, levers, underbody etc. (shockabsorbers, springs and their mountings are dead give-aways) for signs of wear beyond what one would expect over a 100 Km run. Look for exposed lubricated parts, the lubricant (grease / oil) should be clean and look fresh.

In the old days, the cars would be driven from the factory to the customer's place.....hundreds - even thousands of Km away, every highway trip we saw convoys of these new cars, we still see convoys of truck/bus chassis today. I am not sure that the drives did them any harm. So let us not worry excessively about the running of a few Km, the thing to look out for is a car that has been abused - particularly as a test car.

Cheers,
Old 13th March 2009, 23:43   #78
BHPian

Well got a call today from the dealer and he told me that accessories are now available but still no mud flaps. On further enquiring he told me seat covers are available for 7080/-. Has anyone got the seat covers already. Please comment as i want seat covers immediately. Also let me know if anyone has upgraded the ICE setup weather from the dealer or otherwise because thats one thing i wanna upgrade ASAP.
Old 14th March 2009, 10:28   #79
BHPian

Linea Seat Covers -Original or Open market one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntranced View Post
Well got a call today from the dealer and he told me that accessories are now available but still no mud flaps. On further enquiring he told me seat covers are available for 7080/-. Has anyone got the seat covers already. Please comment as i want seat covers immediately. Also let me know if anyone has upgraded the ICE setup weather from the dealer or otherwise because thats one thing i wanna upgrade ASAP.
Dear ntraced,
Well, Please see my post at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ighlight=linea.
I am going for a look at AUTOFORM seat covers here in Ahmedabad. You can find more about the same at Buy Now!! - List of our Dealers and Distributors - AutoForm Car Seat Covers, India. I found that its cheaper than the Fiat supplied one. I will keep you informed about the same.
Old 14th March 2009, 14:28   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
I finally booked the "Linea Petrol Emotion pack Red" today at Autofin Secunderabad. Will probably get delivery by April 1st week. Already feeling the anxiety of "when will my car come" LOL.

I have been religiously following all the Petrol reviews. Thank you all for the updates ... especially ntranced for the long-term review. We petrol owners are a minority still. Hope the good talk spreads and Fiat/Linea will be successful for both petrol as well as diesel.
congrats mate on your buy, surely you are going to love its admiration, looking forward to see your linea's thread too.CHEERS!!
Old 14th March 2009, 15:07   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehamit View Post
Dear ntraced,
Well, Please see my post at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ighlight=linea.
I am going for a look at AUTOFORM seat covers here in Ahmedabad. You can find more about the same at Buy Now!! - List of our Dealers and Distributors - AutoForm Car Seat Covers, India. I found that its cheaper than the Fiat supplied one. I will keep you informed about the same.
Hey can you please post some pictures of the seat covers you have bought? I am also looking for some seat covers for my Linea.
Old 14th March 2009, 17:17   #82
BHPian

Episode @ Concorde

I went to Concorde Motors, Dairy Circle today to inspect my Linea MJD Emotion Pack prior to registration (due on Monday). A day prior to this the Sales Exec had given my bank the Chassis No and Engine No for insurance as the bank had insisted that insurance be done via their preferred vendor.

I reached the dealership at the intimated time and asked the front desk for the Sales Exec, they went out looking for him, it was another 10 minutes before he appeared. On his arrival he demanded another 20 minutes of waiting time as he was 'Busy with a delivery'. On my persistence he sent one of his subordinates to inspect the 'Car', as i started to move he told me there was a 'slight problem' the Engine No. and Chassis No. which were given to my bank the day before (and for which i had a insurance cover note in my hand) had changed as that vehicle could not pass PDI. He then told me that i had to speak to the insurance agent to get this data changed and a fresh cover note issued. I just blew my lid off !

While inspecting the vehicle i asked the Sales Exec about the date of mfg and the engine no/chassis no. It was about 15 minutes before they located these in the boot (pointed out by one smart mechanic). Still no clue about the mfg date, I asked them for the FIAL Invoice of the car, which he dug out after another 10 minutes of waiting. The car was invoiced on 3-Mar-2009, so i calmed down a bit thinking atleast something was in order on this eventful day. After inspecting the car to my satisfaction we went back to the front desk. On immediate arrival the Sales Exec pressed 'Sir can i have the DD' ( i had the bank DD which i was suppose to hand over after inspection). I told him he had to figure out the insurance policy change first. He told me wait for sometime and again disappeared into the be-wilderness of Concorde Motors. Again re-surfaced after 30 minutes and asked me for some other documents (PAN/DL/Address Proof etc) i told him i had already given these at the time of booking, to which he replied that the sales exec who took the booking left for good (probably he took all the customer documents along with him). I informed him that no one asked me to get these documents else i would have carried them, anyway he took my address and said he would send someone to collect the docs or 'manage' somehow.

At the end i told him that they needed to change their attitude towards sales, I as a customer had spent nearly 10 lacs to buy a luxury car, not a taxi!
Old 14th March 2009, 18:36   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash View Post
Hey can you please post some pictures of the seat covers you have bought? I am also looking for some seat covers for my Linea.
Well, I went for seat covers to almost all major wholesalers of seat covers in Ahmedabad and at last decided to go for the Fiat official art leather beige colored seat covers at Rs.7080.00. The dealer mechanic will come down to my place on monday to fix it as I am not able to got o the dealer's place.
Old 14th March 2009, 20:14   #84
BHPian

I am a bit confused about this registration before delivery thingie.
Is it something specific to a state? As far as i know (in Hyderabad), you pay the DD to the dealer they will issue you a temporary registration right there (this is valid for 30 days).
Then at a later date you either go for registration at RTA yourself or pay extra (around 2k) if going through dealers' agent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post
I went to Concorde Motors, Dairy Circle today to inspect my Linea MJD Emotion Pack prior to registration (due on Monday).
Old 15th March 2009, 00:02   #85
Senior - BHPian

You are right Neotraveller

Quote:
I am a bit confused about this registration before delivery thingie.
Is it something specific to a state? As far as i know (in Hyderabad), you pay the DD to the dealer they will issue you a temporary registration right there (this is valid for 30 days).
Then at a later date you either go for registration at RTA yourself or pay extra (around 2k) if going through dealers' agent.
Yes neo, you are correct, that is the practice in A.P.

Congrats on your booking. Hope you receive your Linea soon and wish you all the best.

Cheers,
Old 15th March 2009, 22:04   #86
BHPian

Quote:
At the end i told him that they needed to change their attitude towards sales, I as a customer had spent nearly 10 lacs to buy a luxury car, not a taxi!
Luky, Congrats man, I had the same feeling when I went to the service station and vented my anger at Concorde Hyd as well in the same words. Should I get used to it or should I complain...Well I complained, and I worked at the Dealership, now I am going to complain to Fiat.

Enjoy your ride.
Old 19th March 2009, 04:31   #87
BHPian

Quote:
I finally booked the "Linea Petrol Emotion pack Red" today at Autofin Secunderabad. Will probably get delivery by April 1st week. Already feeling the anxiety of "when will my car come" LOL.
Does the Linea already have a waiting period and premium or is it just this dealer taking long (Almost a month) to deliver the car. If the time is real, its not T-BHP only buying the car .

I also noticed an ad recently stating the Linea starts at Below 6L. I need to update myself on the price point.
Old 19th March 2009, 09:56   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I went to Concorde Motors, Dairy Circle today to inspect my Linea MJD Emotion Pack prior to registration (due on Monday). A day prior to this the Sales Exec had given my bank the Chassis No and Engine No for insurance as the bank had insisted that insurance be done via their preferred vendor.

I reached the dealership at the intimated time and asked the front desk for the Sales Exec, they went out looking for him, it was another 10 minutes before he appeared. On his arrival he demanded another 20 minutes of waiting time as he was 'Busy with a delivery'. On my persistence he sent one of his subordinates to inspect the 'Car', as i started to move he told me there was a 'slight problem' the Engine No. and Chassis No. which were given to my bank the day before (and for which i had a insurance cover note in my hand) had changed as that vehicle could not pass PDI. He then told me that i had to speak to the insurance agent to get this data changed and a fresh cover note issued. I just blew my lid off !

While inspecting the vehicle i asked the Sales Exec about the date of mfg and the engine no/chassis no. It was about 15 minutes before they located these in the boot (pointed out by one smart mechanic). Still no clue about the mfg date, I asked them for the FIAL Invoice of the car, which he dug out after another 10 minutes of waiting. The car was invoiced on 3-Mar-2009, so i calmed down a bit thinking atleast something was in order on this eventful day. After inspecting the car to my satisfaction we went back to the front desk. On immediate arrival the Sales Exec pressed 'Sir can i have the DD' ( i had the bank DD which i was suppose to hand over after inspection). I told him he had to figure out the insurance policy change first. He told me wait for sometime and again disappeared into the be-wilderness of Concorde Motors. Again re-surfaced after 30 minutes and asked me for some other documents (PAN/DL/Address Proof etc) i told him i had already given these at the time of booking, to which he replied that the sales exec who took the booking left for good (probably he took all the customer documents along with him). I informed him that no one asked me to get these documents else i would have carried them, anyway he took my address and said he would send someone to collect the docs or 'manage' somehow.

Yes the same issue happended in my end too.
check my post.
I have complained in Fiat Website and got a call the very next morning and they apologized what ever happened before and promised it won't happen again.
Old 22nd March 2009, 01:21   #89
BHPian

Well another tank full and the same story. 11.XX mileage. Guys lets make it official that the petrol Linea if not pushed to limits with good driving gives around 11km/L in the city with 100% AC on. Now we should wait for the highway figures and figures after first service. BTW lately i have felt the engine has become more responsive and pick up also much better. Maybe im just hooked to it.
Comments please, LINEA owners.(done 1350 on the ODO)
Old 22nd March 2009, 11:01   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntranced View Post
Well another tank full and the same story. 11.XX mileage. Guys lets make it official that the petrol Linea if not pushed to limits with good driving gives around 11km/L in the city with 100% AC on. Now we should wait for the highway figures and figures after first service. BTW lately i have felt the engine has become more responsive and pick up also much better. Maybe im just hooked to it.
Comments please, LINEA owners.(done 1350 on the ODO)
yeah so petrol linea in city condition gives around 11.xx mileage as quoted by you,waiting for your highway mileage run check mate.Keep updating.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks