Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2009, 00:15   #1
BHPian

Yet another FIAT LINEA....but its PETROL this time...!!!

Well guys got my Linea petrol emotion on 16th Feb but was quite busy so couldnt write a review but here is my story.

Was tracking this car for over a year and when it was launched on 14th jan went straight to the showroom for a test drive. Was never inclined to buy a diesel as my monthly run does not cross 1000-1100 km. But right after the launch only diesel was available for the launch so gave it a try.
My test drive report is here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1150369

So waited for petrol and on 31st jan got a call from the dealer that the petrol was indeed available for test drive and i couls check it out. I was more than satisfied with the performance and booked Linea petrol flamenco red Dynamic it the next day. I was given a waiting period of 4 weeks which was quite acceptable. Now the wait started for the beauty( this was the first time i was buying a car of any other color than white or silver, couldnt just resist myself).

To my surprise i got a call from the dealer on the 12th that if i want i could take a ready delivery of the same color but in emotion variant. Darn i wanted the beauty so i said yes. But lemme tell you i got each and every penny worth for the upgrade. for starters this is the diff between between dynamic and emotion variants for approx diff of 42K on road price

1) All chrome exterior(grill, side body moulding etc)
2) In dash mp3 player
3) My car stage 2
4) Automatic climate control
5) Alloy wheels
6) Front and rear fog lamps
7) ABS
8) Front armrest with rear vent
9) remote entry with that wonderful keyfob
10)silver console instead of black in dynamic
11)inside door handles painted
12)Interior lamps in front and back too
13)Rear sun curtain
14)Sunglass holder
15)Height adjustable driver seat
16)Electrically adjustable ORVMs
17)Heated ORVMs

Pardon my ignorance if i have left any but the point is that for 42K difference you get all this. Would have been regretting my decision had i taken the dynamic version. So got all the papers ready, sorted out the NCB certificate from my old car and with evrything ready on 15th headed to the dealer. He promised me a delivery the very next day and obliged.

So on the 16th was given a red carpet treatment with 4 beauties lined back to back. Yes they had 4 deliveries on that day but very proffessionaly they had alloted different slots to each customer so they was no waiting. Had a look around the car, gleaming from all angles, keys were handed to me, photographs taken and everyone clapped as i left the red carpet.

Didnt get the floor mats as they were yet to arrive and was promised in a day or two and yes again were fixed the day after.

Drove off to the Sai Mandir in Def Col and got the pooja done. I couldnt just believe that i was driving this beauty and that it was finally mine.

Now the performance and initial review....

Well to say the least the car inside is very spacious , luxurious and definitely looks a class above. Handles the potholes ridden roads admirably and feels very solid, planted, and safe inside. The AC does the job perfectly. Now the point that everyone has been questioning, the underpower thing. Well i may be ignorant here but i like to enjoy my drive. I am not an enthusiast who revvs and nor do i make many highway trips. For me the car is basically an object to take me from point A to point B comfortably and in this case also in style.

So for me its a neat packaged car. And now the most important part, the F.E. Well have run the car 730km till date. The trip meter showed 11.2 when i had done 337km so decided for a refill, got 30.1 L for the refill from the same pump so i guess the trip meter was right the mileage indeed was 11.XX. BTW i am an architect and have sites in okhla, Panchsheel enclave, Rajouri garden, Jungpura and i live in Lajpat Nagar-3 right behind Jagdish store.

So people who know these areas can very well imagine the traffic in these areas. It gets horrible in these areas and if i can manage 11km/L i think its a decent figure maybe coz i have a light foot and dont accelerate unneccessarily.

No issues as such till now and am very happy driving this beauty on the road and feel very proud when people overtake just to see what this fantastic machine is(believe me its become a pattern now).
There is one very special incident i want to share with you. As usual i went to my okhla site which is bang opp Courtesy honda showroom and right behind D.D.motors(maruti suzuki) showroom. When i was near the window on the second floor i could see people from the showroom coming in groups of 2-3 after every 5-7 minutes just to drool at the machine,have a quick look, take some snaps if possible and then just wander off back to the showroom trying hard that nobody notices anything.

I smiled and said to myself......

ADMIRATION GUARANTEED.

GOD BLESS.
Old 27th February 2009, 01:05   #2
BHPian

congrats ,but where are the customary pics
Old 27th February 2009, 01:27   #3
BHPian

Well written man.
Congratulations on your ride. Keep her clean.
Attach some pictures as well.
Old 27th February 2009, 01:35   #4
BHPian

yeah will post some pictures this weekend, in the meanwhile have added Llumar SP50 sunfilm which are street legal on windows and back. Next in line would be a ICE upgrade in form of sub and amp. Any suggestions guys..!!
Old 27th February 2009, 02:06   #5
BHPian

Wow I hear a heart beats while you spell your feelings for the car ntraced. Happens to a lot of FIAT owners .

Many congratulations on an excellent buy and smiles that came free with the novelty. Share some Pics of the beauty and hope you enjoy it thoroughly.
Old 27th February 2009, 02:13   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishant_kingpin View Post
Wow I hear a heart beats while you spell your feelings for the car ntraced. Happens to a lot of FIAT owners .

Many congratulations on an excellent buy and smiles that came free with the novelty. Share some Pics of the beauty and hope you enjoy it thoroughly.
Thanks man this is the first time i have bought a FIAT product. Hope it lasts me long and faithfully.
Old 27th February 2009, 02:51   #7
BHPian

Looks like its raining Lineas at TBHP. It seems that you are happy with the performance of the car. Many people who have TD'ed the car, said that the petrol is quite sluggish. I understand that this is a relative statement and depends on a lot on your driving pattern, the car you used to drive previously, etc. I guess the FE would improve after the first service.

Loved the part where the MS guys were coming in groups to see the new Linea. Enjoy and please post pics of your new ride.
Old 27th February 2009, 07:24   #8
BHPian

Congrats ntranced on being the first Linea (P) owner on TBHP !!!

Initial mileage of 11 in city is just awesome. Was it with full AC or partial AC?
I guess we can now settle down that Linea (P) gives a mileage of 12 in city (after 2nd service).

I am waiting to Test Drive and book my Linea as well. Was very eagerly waiting for a stable report on the petrol version. Many Thanks.
Old 27th February 2009, 07:52   #9

Congratulations .....
I cant Wait to Pick up My Linea E+ Petrol Today , very excited ....
Post Some Pics as soon as possible
Safe Driving
Old 27th February 2009, 08:27   #10
Senior - BHPian

congrats on your beauty ntranced.
Old 27th February 2009, 08:46   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Mate. Please post the pics of the car (exterior, interior, engine bay and the boot).

Also on the MS guys, good that the car draws a lot of attention.

Many happy miles ahead.
Old 27th February 2009, 09:18   #12
BHPian

Congrats on the purchase of the beauty!

Post some pics of her. Have a safe drive.
Old 27th February 2009, 09:42   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Opps I forgot to ask you about the headlights, how good are they?
Old 27th February 2009, 09:58   #14
BHPian

Congrats ntranced.

Incidentally, I took a test drive of the Linea Petrol yesterday. Agree with everything that you mentioned- about people staring, comfort, space (though rear headroom is very less) and features.

But the engine is just not good enough. The avg comsumption was showing 8.9kmpl. That is expected as the dealer is near a very crowded area. Took one hour to drive 5 kms yesterday.

The power delivery was very bad, I couldn't even catch up with others in traffic. My zen picks up better than this. But since you arent looking for a power drive, it will not affect you much.

Waiting for some pics now.
Old 27th February 2009, 10:10   #15
Senior - BHPian

congrats buddy waiting for the pics
its raining Lineas all over

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks