Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2009, 23:29   #31

The pics were taken in Vellore. I stay in Porur in chennai. Where do you stay? I was planning to put Aura alloys i like one particular design. will be doing that shortly.
Old 3rd March 2009, 23:31   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Palio MJD in Grey looks nice, a Rear Spoiler will add to the beauty!
Hey!! thanks!! Can you please advise how i can fit a rear spolier for this model? and where can i find it in Chennai?
Old 3rd March 2009, 23:33   #33

The guy at Concorde says its 3M and its HP35. Thats what he claims. I have no way of knowing. Its light and keeps out the sun and the heat a bit.
Old 4th March 2009, 00:11   #34
BHPian

I like! I'v been a Palio fan ever since i drove the 1.6 when it released! Drive safe!
Old 4th March 2009, 07:29   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogus View Post
The pics were taken in Vellore. I stay in Porur in chennai. Where do you stay? I was planning to put Aura alloys i like one particular design. will be doing that shortly.
Congrats on your new ride. So one more from Porur with Magnesium Grey MJD
Old 4th March 2009, 07:59   #36
BHPian

Loose the tires.

You have got the best hatchback in the country excluding the Skoda Octavia. Please note the Ocatvia is a hatchback.
Skoda Octavia Hatchback Car Review Summary - What Car?
The tires manufactured by Goodyear are the worst though. Put in better rubber and 14inch alloys as soon as possible and surely before the running in period is over. If you cannot do it now wait till the warranty period is over and then put in 14inch alloys and then on it put in the wrong upsize of 185/65R14. The right upsize is 185/60R14 but talk to anyone having 185/65R14 and he will swear by it. With the wrong upsize the car will turn into a different animal altogether with braking and cornering ability thats mindblowing. Wider than this is over kill. Go for Michelin/Yokohama if the roads you drive on are smooth and if its similar to pot holed roads in Kerala then go for only 185/65R14 MRF ZV2K. You have no other choice.
*summer tires Mrf*ZV2K
Old 4th March 2009, 08:01   #37
BANNED

Hi, nice car you bought for yourself and believe me it performs amazing on the highway and commendable in the city too. Add to that it gives excellent mileage and you have once heck of a deal!!

Welcome to the Fiat club.
Old 4th March 2009, 15:57   #38
Senior - BHPian

congrats!!Nice color dude.can we change the front grill of this to earlier model?
Old 4th March 2009, 18:22   #39
BHPian

Hey Sir bogus,
i m fom Porur as well,thats why i asked,but i thought the pics were in Porur,but somehow i had an instinct saying your from Porur.LightPower is from Porur as well.gr8 many MJDs in Porur.Just when you check this post give me a call,i have sent my mobile no. to ur personal mail from t-bhp c panel.thank you.
Old 5th March 2009, 00:15   #40
BHPian

Please note the PCD of the wheels.

Quote:

Please note that the PCD of the Palio wheels are 98 and the wheels of this PCD are rare to find. Do not ever put 100pcd on the palio whatever the guy selling you the wheels tells you.
Old 10th March 2009, 23:55   #41

And now the first LONG DRIVE. I did a 980km trip in under 36hrs. Vellore - Bellary - Bangalore - Vellore. The car handled excellently on the highways and sailed over bad roads with ease. I got a FE of around 18 with 80% Ac on nad top speed of around 110kmph. Was driving at around 90-100 band most of the time. I am just waiting for the run-in to be over so that i can push the car to the limits.

Can anyone tell me what the top speed of the MJD is?
Old 11th March 2009, 07:49   #42
BHPian

Private messages blocked.

Quote:
The guy at Concorde says its 3M and its HP35. Thats what he claims. I have no way of knowing. Its light and keeps out the sun and the heat a bit.
Dear Bogus,
You have declined to recieve private messages. I sent you one with the following contents.

I have not yet been able to unstick these wrong upsize tires at sane speeds around long sweeping corners. 185/65R14 is your best bet. If you are putting in R13 rims then you will need to use the tire calculator which I believe will prohibit you from using 185/60 on R13 rims. 185/60R14 is the recommended upsize but you would have to compromize on comfort and since I have superhard springs on my GTX drving on Kerala roads was becoming a pain.
Absolutely no loss in Km per liter of LPG. Make sure you have 2ply rating of the sidewall though if you are buying any brand other than MRF ZV2K which has 2 ply rating. 2ply rating of the sidewall and not the carcass has a lot to do with cornering ability which many people do not mention. BFGoodrich too has 2 ply rating.

Above advice is strictly for the 1.6 engined petrol and all capacities of diesel cars and not for the 1.2 petrol engined vehicles.

Last edited by drpullockaran : 11th March 2009 at 07:52.
Old 11th March 2009, 08:40   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sps View Post
congrats bogus on your purchase. Your car looks neat in this easy to maintain colour.
Great mileage, good power, roomy interiors and looks good too.
I am wondering why this is not selling like the swift, Is it purely because of the *** of TATA?
That is even though the SDX is good 60k cheaper than the Swift VDi ABS. I guess thats the difference between Fiat and MUL. Being a Fiat loyalist i so want the situation to reverse, but I guess we wouldn't want FIAT to become mass market and lose its niche appeal.
Old 11th March 2009, 10:38   #44
BHPian

a very good car and lovely color. a good set of alloys and tyre will make her more beautiful. happy driving brother.
Old 17th May 2010, 11:39   #45
BHPian

Can anyone tell me what the top speed of the MJD is?[/quote]

Hi Bogus,

My SDX did 160kmph somewhere between Krishnagiri and Vellore. (I slowed down within a couple of minutes of touching 160).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks