Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2009, 23:23   #121
SSN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar1310 View Post
Hi!

My bro-in-law owns a petrol linea emothion pk and has done about 700kms on ODO. He is not happy with the engine of the car. He says, the power of the engine is not good. (He was driving Maruti esteem for last few years, and says, esteem was more responsive than the new linea). Post his complaint, I test drove a linea which has done about 4500 kms on the ODO. I found the car to be very good barring 2nd gear, which I found sluggish till the time it reaches 2000 rpm. Post that, it is responsive. I found the other 4 gears quite ok. I also drove the car at 40kmph while being on 5th gear, and climed a flyover without changing the gear. The car, though slowly, but effortlessly climbed the flyover and overtook a bus(with 2 people in the car). My question is

1. Is there an improvement in the engine response once you clock more than 2000kms on the ODO?
2. Do you also feel, the engine is underpowered and sluggish (especially in 2nd gear and also in other gears)?
3. Do you feel, linea is not responsive, when you are overtaking while being on a highway (especially when you are on a 2 lane highway, like the road to Shirdi)

Just for your info, I drive a 1.6 lt. Fiat Adventure. Honestly, I didn't find much gap between the power of adventure and linea, though, I did feel Adventure to be little more powerful than the Linea (barring, 2nd gear response, where I found the Linea to be sluggish in lower RPMs)

1) I haven't noticed any changes in the engine response post 2000 kms. Maybe there might be a change after the first service. Will keep you posted on that.

2) Though the Linea is not the fastest car around i have never found it to be underpowered or sluggish. Never wished or felt the need for more power while driving.

3) The answer to your third question is an emphatic NO. I should say that to know the true capabilities of a Linea you should take it on a long distance highway trip. If you read my previous post I have mentioned that i did the roughly 270 km trip in 3.5 hrs and the roads are not the best around to say the least. That includes the Kasara ghat section. I did a lot of overtaking.I felt very confident while overtaking. Didn't have any scary moments. And it really handles like a dream. Fell in love with the car all over again. But I would like to mention that the engine does sound harsh at high speeds (i.e above 140 kmph) .

Hope this helped.

You mentioned that you own a Fiat Adventure. Could you let me know how your Fiat A.S.S experience has been?
Old 21st May 2009, 12:46   #122
BHPian

Well, I own this car for last 3 years (almost). I serviced this car at Wasan Motors Deonar, in the 1st year. No issues in A-S-S. In the second year and begining of 3rd year, I serviced the car in Shaman. It was very good service by Shaman. I had no issues whatsoever with A-S-S. Now, since, Shaman is no longer a Tata-Fiat dealer, I will have to give the car to either Fortune or Wasan. But, most probably I will give the car to Fortune. I have owned a Hyundai Santro before and serviced the car always at Modi Hyundai in Thane. I would say, I got similar if not better service for my Adventure, as I was getting for Hyundai.
Old 25th May 2009, 16:42   #123
BHPian

hey SSN, congrats on the car.
Even i took delivery of my Linea Emotion Pack Petrol some 2 weeks back.

The cars seems to be almost out of power at low rpms, then suddenly wakes up and pushes ahead with a vengeance, it really catches us off guard, was almost gonna tail gate the car in front of me once.

I Hope this goes off after the first service, cause the car is running rich now, for the engine run-in period, thats why the low mileage of around 8-8.5 kmpl.

Did you have a similar problem, is it the nature of the engine or just a thing that will be sorted after first service?
Old 25th May 2009, 16:53   #124
BHPian

Yes the car seems underpowered under the 2000rpm mark in 2nd, but the moment you go past 2000 there is a surge of power. It's normal, takes a little time getting used to and would recommend you keep the revs hovering at around 1800-2000 mark to prevent any surprises.
Old 25th May 2009, 17:04   #125
BHPian

also, the mileage shown on the display says around 8.
My car's only done about 500 kms.
Is that normal ?
Old 25th May 2009, 17:16   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalsa777 View Post
Is that normal ?
It depends on one's driving style and traffic conditions. Don't try to over rev the car and change gears appropriately. It should definitely improve after the first 800-1000kms or so.As of now have got 8kmpl only once in the last 960kms of driving my car. However on the highway it returned 15kmpl, averaging 70kmh and in-city anywhere between 9-11kmpl with the ACC on 100%, depending on traffic conditions and driving style.
Old 25th May 2009, 17:18   #127
BHPian

I did 1000km till now in my petrol linea.
I got 9.2 in first tankfull and now i got 10. so maybe mileage is increasing.

I also feel, the engine seems freed up a little. (or maybe iam getting used to it!). previously, it used to feel really slugguish in low-speed below 2000rpm.
Old 25th May 2009, 21:45   #128
BHPian

@SSn and @ Neo - Guys are you using 91 Octane petrol or regular? The owner's manual recommends 91Oct but I have been using regular fuel. I think 91 octane's only available at IOC - Extra premium.
Old 26th May 2009, 02:34   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
@SSn and @ Neo - Guys are you using 91 Octane petrol or regular? The owner's manual recommends 91Oct but I have been using regular fuel. I think 91 octane's only available at IOC - Extra premium.
There have been lot of discussions on this in few linea threads, I think just stick to the regular one, dosent harm. I know that MJD recommends regular Diesel.
Old 26th May 2009, 05:51   #130
BHPian

Congratulations!

It's linea everywhere these days. when I went to pick up my palio my dealer said, they sell 45 lineas a month. That's a good number. . Good to see guys are turning back to FIAT.
Old 26th May 2009, 06:35   #131
BHPian

pranava,
I filled-up with only IOC XtraPremium till now.
I din't want to take chance with IOC Regular (more chances of adulteration maybe).
I used to fill IOC XtraPrem on my Karizma too since last 3 yrs. It used to run smoother than when used with BP-speed.

But I remember some Linea owner reported that regular fuel seems to be giving better mileage (10-11) and once he switched to XtraPremium , mileage fell to 9.
So maybe have to try regular and see the difference.
Old 26th May 2009, 09:34   #132
BHPian

Thanks Xplora and Neo. Read somewhere 91 octane fuel's recommended for engines with higher compression. Not sure if the Linea FIRE engine's compression is that high that it warrants 91oct. In anycase thanks. Maybe I will switchover after the first service.
Old 26th May 2009, 10:05   #133
BANNED

Which oil company is distributing 91 octane petrol? which oil company is claiming 91-octane anywhere - either website, brochure or any official publication? if anyone know, pls let me know

IMO, octane rating in Regular & "branded premium" petrol is the same, there is no difference. The difference is they add additives in branded premium petrol
Old 26th May 2009, 20:59   #134
SSN
BHPian

Quote:
hey SSN, congrats on the car.
Even i took delivery of my Linea Emotion Pack Petrol some 2 weeks back.

The cars seems to be almost out of power at low rpms, then suddenly wakes up and pushes ahead with a vengeance, it really catches us off guard, was almost gonna tail gate the car in front of me once.

I Hope this goes off after the first service, cause the car is running rich now, for the engine run-in period, thats why the low mileage of around 8-8.5 kmpl.

Did you have a similar problem, is it the nature of the engine or just a thing that will be sorted after first service?
Quote:
Is that normal ?
Thanks Jalsa. Congrats to you too. Personally i feel that you get used to the engines response after you have driven the car for some time. I mean to say that you understand the car better, you get a feel of the correct revs at which you need to change the gear and believe me the car does respond really well once you start doing that.

Coming to your second query the average does seem to improve with time. I used to get an average of close to 10kmpl at first but now it is closer to 11 kmpl in the city with AC on all the time. But again it could be because maybe i drive it better now than i used to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
I have always used regular petrol.

The Linea has been with me for three months now. Have done more than 3200 kms. I have taken an appointment for this Saturday with the dealer for the first inspection. Will post the updates once it is done.
Old 1st June 2009, 23:31   #135
SSN
BHPian

Hi All,
Got the 3000 km inspection done this Saturday at Fortune, Powai. Had a couple of niggles. The first was the driver side front door was not responding to the remote and I had to open and lock it manually. Second there was a rattling sound from the front passenger side.
I had taken an appointment for 10 AM but I overslept and woke up at 10 . I immediately called the dealer and got it rescheduled for 11.30.

Reached there on time and was attended by my service advisor within 10 minutes. Told him about the problems I had mentioned earlier. Also asked for the mudflap's to be fitted. Was promised delivery in the evening between 5.30-6.00. I asked him about the suspension and steering column problem which I had read here on T-BHP. He told me that there was a problem with a few cars and they had got it rectified.

Got an sms at 4.30 saying my car is ready and went to the dealer to take the delivery. I reached there at 5.30. Learnt that the problem with the door was because of a loose connection in the circuit and the problem with the seat was because of a loosely fitted bolt (apparently it happened while the seat cover was being fitted). Both the problems were taken care of and the mudflap was also fitted.
Car was being washed when I reached there. They had a problem with their billing system and it took them about 15-20 minutes to generate the bill. Finally got the delivery of the car at 6.10. Overall my first Fiat A.S.S experience was good.

Initial impression is that the cars responsiveness has improved and it has become smoother. Will update the FE figures shortly. Was getting close to 11 KMPL earlier and i don't think there is a chance of any significant improvement on that front. Will update it soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks