Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2009, 12:37   #31
Senior - BHPian

Amazing car SSN, I'm petrified of buying a black car in India, since it takes so much trouble to maintain black, but looking at your beauty, I'm sorely tempted. She looks divine. Take good care of her, and do post a detailed review once you've done some miles.

Any issues with the GC as reported by other members?
Old 2nd March 2009, 12:43   #32
BHPian

Congrats. The car by itself is a beauty and looks even better in black. Do post your driving experience.
Old 2nd March 2009, 12:54   #33
xPK
BHPian

Congrats!!!

Conrgats SSN!!!
Do keep us posted about your experience (city and highway driving, FE etc. etc.).
Old 2nd March 2009, 12:59   #34
BHPian

As per Fiat guideline, no discount at all. they are 'thinking' to give some freebies but yet to get any in my case!
Old 2nd March 2009, 14:24   #35
SSN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehamit View Post
Congrats for your petrol E! I have a diesel E+ black and happy to see the another black beauty on tbhp.
I am also waiting for the OE seat covers and mats which has not yet arrived here in Ahmedabad. And there are now 8 Linea owners on tbhp!
Thanks. I had seen the pics of your car which you had posted on tbhp. I am sure there will be many more Lineas soon on tbhp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post
Congratulations SSN. Your car looks gorgeous in that colour.
Hope you have kept a trained cleaner for this beauty.
Suggest you to do the interiors yourself once in a week.
Cheers.
Thanks. There is a cleaner who used to clean my previous car, but I intend to do all the cleaning and polishing stuff myself this time .

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepgautam_qa View Post
Congrats for purchasing this great VFM hot cake!
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprateep View Post
congrats ssn for the new car.

you are one of the few it seems who have let their hearts rule over the head during the purchase decision - and i am sure you were right. Fiat has upped the ante with the Linea and the car is a winner. The diesel felt alright - not too underpowered under city conditions as many people might lead us to believe - dunno about the petrol one though.

Can you give us detailed road test report of the same. The handling is brilliant we all know - what about the rest of the features in the car.

And btw the black looks great for this particular car with chrome bits thrown in for good measure.
Thanks. It was not purely a heart ruling over the head decision.Feature for feature the Linea offers more than any other car in its segment. The power I felt was adequate enough for me.The only heart over head matter in my case was the After Sales Service. That only time will tell, though it has been off to a great start. More on that later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by achopraa View Post
Nice car and awesome interiors.
Black looks great on Linea. Were you able to squeeze out any discounts/freebies from the dealer?
Thanks. No. There were no discounts or freebies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
Amazing car SSN, I'm petrified of buying a black car in India, since it takes so much trouble to maintain black, but looking at your beauty, I'm sorely tempted. She looks divine. Take good care of her, and do post a detailed review once you've done some miles.

Any issues with the GC as reported by other members?
Thanks. I agree it is difficult to maintain black especially in a city like Mumbai. I had a Black Esteem once which I used to maintain fairly well. So have some experience you can say . No problems with GC till now. Have driven the car with 4 people in the back, but no scrapes or bumps. Besides I think the GC for the petrol vehicle is higher then the diesel one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Congrats. The car by itself is a beauty and looks even better in black. Do post your driving experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xPK View Post
Conrgats SSN!!!
Do keep us posted about your experience (city and highway driving, FE etc. etc.).
Thanks. I will surely keep posting regularly.
Old 2nd March 2009, 14:46   #36
BHPian

Hey SSN
Congratulations on the new car, she really is a beauty. Just a question, any particular reason, price apart, that you picked the petrol over the diesel?
Old 2nd March 2009, 15:31   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
Amazing car SSN, I'm petrified of buying a black car in India
what are the challenges? asking because i am looking at buying one. I have a person who will clean it everyday - anything else i should be worried about?
Old 2nd March 2009, 15:56   #38
BHPian

Congrats. You car looks lovely in black. A rare case where the OE alloys look really nice!
Do post a detailed driving experience soon.
Old 2nd March 2009, 16:05   #39
BHPian

Congrats there, thats one hot set of wheels. Take care and drive safe.
Old 2nd March 2009, 16:42   #40
Senior - BHPian

Linea in black looks so cool!
Congrats mate.
And the seat covers complement the interiors well.
Old 2nd March 2009, 17:04   #41
BHPian

Sure you are getting a lot of admiration -
The interiors are simply jaw dropping... and I am salivating seeing them...
Old 2nd March 2009, 17:06   #42
BHPian

Congrats !!!

Congrats on your new Linea 1.4 Emotion SSN !! Car looks lovely in black and the seat covers match the interiors so well. Looks like the entire car interior has been done up by an upholstery firm like Stanley's. Wow. An excellent value for money car at 8L I would say, though power wise it isn't great compared to Honda City, Ford Fiesta 1.6, Suzuki SX4 etc. However it's the overall package that really matters isn't it ?

Congrats once again on this superbly sculpted black beauty. Wish you tens of thousands of kilometres of enjoyable motoring !!

Any plans on tyre/wheel/car audio upgrades ?

Warm regards,
Venkat
Old 2nd March 2009, 17:15   #43
Senior - BHPian

@ssn, congrats on the new car. Looks great, especially in Black. Enjoy the drive (and the admiration).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker
what are the challenges? asking because i am looking at buying one. I have a person who will clean it everyday - anything else i should be worried about?
Since you have a guy to clean it daily, a major chunk of the problem is solved. What remains is the fact that scratches would show more clearly on black than on a color like silkySilver. But, again most cars look the hottest in black, especially with a coat of polish on. So, its your call.
Old 2nd March 2009, 17:37   #44
BHPian

Alright! There is a Petrol Linea on T-BHP, Congrat SSN.The black looks really stunning, there is a Linea Black on display at Bangalore and Hyderabad Airports it looks amazing. Take care of it and drive safe.

P.S. I got back to town in the morning, hopefully getting mine delivered tomorrow. But unfortunately it is the Flamingo Red, the black is going to take a lot more time, so opted out.
Old 2nd March 2009, 20:29   #45
Senior - BHPian

The black linea looks sexy! Choice of interiors is really good, matches with the two-tone dashboard perfectly.Congrats man!

Most Viewed