Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2009, 21:47   #76
BHPian

Nice beauty. Congrats mate. Do let us how you feel while handling city traffic, stop n go and numerous auto rikshaws, etc etc?
Old 13th March 2009, 02:06   #77
BHPian

awesome man. congratulations. very hawtt looking. linea.
Old 13th March 2009, 06:19   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSN View Post
Got a call today from a lady asking me for my availability for a Fiat Linea Owners meeting at Andheri, Mumbai on the 18th of this month.She was calling from a company called Synovate (not so sure about the name) and she mentioned that she was calling on behalf of Fiat India. Anyone else got a similar call? Please let me know.
Synovate is one of the largest Market Research companies in the world. Guess the are conducting a focus group amongst Linea owners.
Guess it is the best opportunity for Linea's owner to put their view & opinions across to FIAT on how they can improve the service & car.

Try and go for it if you have no other plans.
Old 13th March 2009, 14:20   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude131 View Post
Synovate is one of the largest Market Research companies in the world. Guess the are conducting a focus group amongst Linea owners.
Guess it is the best opportunity for Linea's owner to put their view & opinions across to FIAT on how they can improve the service & car.

well this seems to be a good opportunity for FIAT owners to come across the company and views regarding their vehicle, SSN surely attend this if you can and do let us know your experience of that meet.CHEERS!!!
Old 13th March 2009, 17:06   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Got a call today from a lady asking me for my availability for a Fiat Linea Owners meeting at Andheri, Mumbai on the 18th of this month.She was calling from a company called Synovate (not so sure about the name) and she mentioned that she was calling on behalf of Fiat India. Anyone else got a similar call? Please let me know.

Hey I didnt get any call as such. When you get a call again can you please ask that are they going to call all customers or just few. I am also from mumbai and would like to attend the meet. Do let me know.
Old 13th March 2009, 22:01   #81
SSN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
SSN, that's more or less the mileage i was expecting. I must say those are good numbers for a 1200+ kg petrol car running with A/C on.

Enjoy your beauty.
I sure will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyamtanu View Post
Nice beauty. Congrats mate. Do let us how you feel while handling city traffic, stop n go and numerous auto rikshaws, etc etc?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
awesome man. congratulations. very hawtt looking. linea.
Thanks. Driving in Mumbai traffic provides you with many heart stopping moments. Its like if the rickshaws don't get you the bikers will. If the bikers don't get you the Best buses will. My car had the first brush with a biker today who was trying to squeeze in his bike into a nonexistent gap while I was waiting at a traffic light. Fortunately no harm done though he got a mouthful of unprintables from me. I am sure this wont be the last time this happens. Will keep you posted.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
well this seems to be a good opportunity for FIAT owners to come across the company and views regarding their vehicle, SSN surely attend this if you can and do let us know your experience of that meet.CHEERS!!!
Thanks for the information dude. Will surely attend and post my experience later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash View Post
Hey I didnt get any call as such. When you get a call again can you please ask that are they going to call all customers or just few. I am also from mumbai and would like to attend the meet. Do let me know.
I sure will Prash. I will also send u the number from which i received the call by PM.
Old 14th March 2009, 10:56   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is to all Fiat Linea owners attending this meeting.

Please go and tell them that the Linea and the Grande Punto need bigger engines. Let the current engines continue to do duty, we understand that Fiat needs to set the perception that their cars are heavy on fuel right but there are people ready to pay for a more performance oriented Fiat. The firepower is avaliable with Fiat - 1.4 T-Jet and 1.6 or 1.9 MJD, all thats needed is fine tuning of these engines and the Indian variants will be ready for roll out.

The Palio GTX / S10 was launched in 2002. There are a whole lot of GTX owners ready to upgrade now and majority of them want to stick to Fiat provided their new cars come with better performance then the GTX.

If possible take a print out of all the Linea threads asking for bigger engines here at team-bhp .

Last edited by amit : 14th March 2009 at 10:59.
Old 14th March 2009, 11:03   #83

Congratulation SSN. Are you a Tom Clancy Fan by any chance???

Anyways, I would like to personally invite you to the Fiat Classic Car Club's Monthly meet on the 5th of April 2009. It will be at 10:30 AM, at Five Gardens, Dadar. Please do try and come and grace us with the mighty Linea's presense.
Old 14th March 2009, 13:19   #84
Senior - BHPian

A replacement for the S10 required

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post

Please go and tell them that the Linea and the Grande Punto need bigger engines. Let the current engines continue to do duty, we understand that Fiat needs to set the perception that their cars are heavy on fuel right but there are people ready to pay for a more performance oriented Fiat. The firepower is avaliable with Fiat - 1.4 T-Jet and 1.6 or 1.9 MJD, all thats needed is fine tuning of these engines and the Indian variants will be ready for roll out.

The Palio GTX / S10 was launched in 2002. There are a whole lot of GTX owners ready to upgrade now and majority of them want to stick to Fiat provided their new cars come with better performance then the GTX.

If possible take a print out of all the Linea threads asking for bigger engines here at team-bhp .
+1 to that.

You can also tell them that some people (like me) have been hunting for S10s / GTX-PS/SP (the one with Airbags and ABS) for ages. These cars have become rarities and are difficult to come by. Owners are not willing to part with them for either love of money! :(
Old 14th March 2009, 14:53   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
+1 to that.

You can also tell them that some people (like me) have been hunting for S10s / GTX-PS/SP (the one with Airbags and ABS) for ages. These cars have become rarities and are difficult to come by. Owners are not willing to part with them for either love of money! :(
agree on you that companies really needs to work on safety features now, which should be available if not with stock then on demand atleast.
Old 16th March 2009, 22:14   #86
SSN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
+1 to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
agree on you that companies really needs to work on safety features now, which should be available if not with stock then on demand atleast.

Will put these points across during the meet. But I would like to add that after completing a 1000 kms of driving (almost equally divided between highway and city ) i feel that with the Linea, Fiat has struck the perfect balance between power, FE and comfort. The vehicle, until now has far exceeded my expectations on all these factors and I think (or at least i hope) that this must be a view shared by all Linea owners. Now the only unchartered territory is the After Sales Service and thats my only apprehension at this moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Congratulation SSN. Are you a Tom Clancy Fan by any chance???

Anyways, I would like to personally invite you to the Fiat Classic Car Club's Monthly meet on the 5th of April 2009. It will be at 10:30 AM, at Five Gardens, Dadar. Please do try and come and grace us with the mighty Linea's presense.
Thanks. Not a Tom Clancy fan but have read many of his books. But I had started using this name much before Tom Clancy used it in his novel .

Will definitely try and make it on the 5th. I would highly appreciate if you could let me have some more information about the meet.
Old 17th March 2009, 11:34   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Will put these points across during the meet. But I would like to add that after completing a 1000 kms of driving (almost equally divided between highway and city ) i feel that with the Linea, Fiat has struck the perfect balance between power, FE and comfort. The vehicle, until now has far exceeded my expectations on all these factors and I think (or at least i hope) that this must be a view shared by all Linea owners. Now the only unchartered territory is the After Sales Service and thats my only apprehension at this moment.
I would like to agree with SSN here. i have just completed 1000km on my petrol linea too. and got a average of around 10.7 on my first tank full and 11.5 on my second. am happy about all aspects but *** is something which only time will tell.
Old 17th March 2009, 12:43   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machine freak View Post
I would like to agree with SSN here. i have just completed 1000km on my petrol linea too. and got a average of around 10.7 on my first tank full and 11.5 on my second. am happy about all aspects but *** is something which only time will tell.
This was with 100% AC?
Old 17th March 2009, 12:52   #89
BHPian

Underpowered

Any chance you feel the Linea petrol is underpowered?I mean accelerating in the city and overtaking.

The top speed you have reached so far
Old 17th March 2009, 13:39   #90
BHPian

some questions for you. if you may be kind enought to answer it would be great.

1)whats the difference in the sound quality of blue and me and the audio system you have. i am asking about the sound quality here.?

2) is it 95 horse power or 90 horse powered engine. for city it should be okay but how does it feel on highways. (overtaking etc). they say its underpowered but does it really affects performance. i mean can you cruise around 100-120 with Linea?

3) whats the top speed ? how fast have you gone. or how fast it could go you think.

4) your favorite thing about Linea.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks