Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2009, 17:35   #31
BHPian

The Accent was a gift! The swift is something we won as a reward. So it figures! Well, i'm waiting on the edge of my seat for the car myself! Will probably talk to the sales person in charge. The experience at Audi Mumbai was good. Nice sales representatives etc. Gives a good impression!
Old 26th March 2009, 14:49   #32
BHPian

Okay, this is long overdue. Tomorrow is 27th. I was supposed to get the delivery tomorrow.

Supposed to. Correct. I shall not be getting it. And its p***ed the living daylights out of me. And for a fantastic reason. My car is ready and it's still at Aurangabad. Apparently they have no other deliveries this week , so they didn't send the car. Apparently they don't want to send the entire trailer down for just one car. Oh well that makes a lot of sense. I was told that the Car would reach Mumbai by 20th. It's no where near this city.

Now isn't this fantastic news? This mean i dont get delivery on the Auspicious day of Padwa. I'v booked the car on the 3rd on this month so it's almost a month down the line. This also means i cant avail of the 50% depriciation. We are talking about a hit of quite a few Lack ruppes here. Apparently it will take a week more for the car to come. I don't even trust them anymore. If they can't do sales on time , what to expect from the after sales service? This isn't even a Skoda. For god's sake its a 35L car.

Maybe i should have just settled for the Benz or the BMW. Frankly maybe i should just buy a Maruti 800. They provide a better sales experiance.

Will see if they can get the Car down to Mumbai Asap. Or will talk to the dealer and look elsewhere.
Old 26th March 2009, 14:56   #33
Team-BHP Support

I would have thought there would have been a lot of cars being delivered on Padwa!
Old 26th March 2009, 14:59   #34
BHPian

Apparently that's not the case. A Q7 is being delivered , but its a CBU, it does not go to the Aurangabad plant at all. besides Audi does not too a lot of volumes anyways. I'm just so totally put off.
Old 27th March 2009, 22:17   #35
Senior - BHPian

Nice to see another A4 diesel finding a home. You will not regret the decision. Just watch the fuel you use.

Don't get cheesed off due to the delayed delivery....once you drive the car = it will MORE than justify the delay.

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 27th March 2009 at 22:20.
Old 28th March 2009, 03:20   #36
Senior - BHPian

Send a stinker to Audi India, maybe they'll come back with a Skoda like response........
Old 28th March 2009, 08:17   #37
BHPian

The car should be coming by Tuesday. If it does not, someone's going to get an ear full. At the very least.

On second thoughts, even if comes on Tuesday, someone is going to get an ear full.

Classic case of an ownership experiance turning slightly sour even before it starts. Let's see how things progress.
Old 28th March 2009, 23:00   #38
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Sorry to hear about the delay, Redeff; the days prior to delivery somehow get longer with all that anticipation. I can't even imagine what you're going through. Considering Audi's current market position, I would have expected them to walk the extra mile for their customers.

Here's hoping the smile is back on your face when you drive her out of the showroom
Old 28th March 2009, 23:23   #39
Senior - BHPian

Ho common man ,when you are spending lakhs together , then cant spent few thousands extra to get the car shipped ? .
I don't believe in that story of theirs .

Congrats on the car BTW , do click plenty when its being unloaded , delivered and loaded . You will never get a chance again .
Old 28th March 2009, 23:32   #40
BHPian

Here's to the smile. However the showroom people are in for it. My father is pretty upset. The delivery is expected on Tuesday. We should get that depreciation yet if things go fine! Will upload the pics. Inspired by you , i'll probably putting up a full ownership report as days go bye. Your Benz report is Invaluable!
Old 29th March 2009, 04:26   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redeff View Post
Now isn't this fantastic news? This mean i dont get delivery on the Auspicious day of Padwa. I'v booked the car on the 3rd on this month so it's almost a month down the line. This also means i cant avail of the 50% depriciation. We are talking about a hit of quite a few Lack ruppes here.
The idiots need to understand Indian culture and practices before doing business in the country.
Old 29th March 2009, 07:53   #42
BHPian

The car came to The warehouse yesterday already. I have two major exams coming up soon so din't get the time to go and recieve it. However will be going in tomorrow before the car leaves for Puna for registration. The pics however i will take after it is propoerly delivered i guess! My friend is a trainer phtographer with an SLR
Old 29th March 2009, 14:16   #43
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Awesome, she is here! Redeff, we look forward to a new thread / ownership report with pictures. Congratulations.
Old 30th March 2009, 15:11   #44
BHPian

Saw her today during the PDI.
Seriously, i saw her out there.
My eyes were looking out for her in the workshop as i entered and suddenly i spotted her, a brilliant white amongst the others. Smaller yet sublime as compared to the Q7s and the A6's around her. I walked around her... Taking in every bit of her! Those smiting LED's.... the shape the curves the brilliant white ( the White on the Q7 and the A6 is much more sober, the Ibis white A4 is brilliant and postively sparkling!) Popped open the hood and saw the engine. So what if it's 'just' a 150 BHP 320 Nm torque 2.0 TDI? Even the engine looks beautiful.
Then opened the door... iv chosen mustang brown upholstery
(Dark reddish brown) not black .it looked so plush...darn, i wanted to just get it home at that very moment
Old 30th March 2009, 15:25   #45
BHPian

congrats redeff...awesome acquisition man!
looking forward to detailed report and tons of pics

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks