Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2009, 10:29   #46
Senior - BHPian

downsouth, congrats on buying this beauty, already raining high with lines's here. Red looks stunning on this car, damn bombshell.What's the FE you are getting do share.Have a safe and pleasant driving experience.Keep updating.CHEERS!!!
Old 6th March 2009, 10:41   #47
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Downsouth

Congratulatiosn downsouth on your new acquisition and on your detailed writeup. It was a nice read.

Cheers,
Old 6th March 2009, 12:11   #48
BHPian

Need to set Blue & me voice, it is quite loud

You can set this. Ignore me if you know but in the music system go to menu/settings and there is this 'external volume'. Do it when you are playing some cd or USB. The 'external vloume' will be the volume of your blue and me.
I totally agree with the service part that you have mentioned. I had also been to a service center and i was helped with every possible way by them without any prior appointment. Hope people get this clear.
Hey where can i get this teambhp stickers. I need it for my cars. Please let me know.
I DO AGREE WITH YOU. PEOPLE LOOKING IN FOR LINEA SHOULD BUY IT.
Old 6th March 2009, 15:59   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
downsouth, congrats on buying this beauty, already raining high with lines's here. Red looks stunning on this car, damn bombshell.What's the FE you are getting do share.Have a safe and pleasant driving experience.Keep updating.CHEERS!!!
Thanks man, I have hardly driven my car, I should come to some figures by end of next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Congratulatiosn downsouth on your new acquisition and on your detailed writeup. It was a nice read.

Thanks, I am sorry but have booked a Linea as well?

Cheers,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash View Post
Need to set Blue & me voice, it is quite loud
You can set this. Ignore me if you know but in the music system go to menu/settings and there is this 'external volume'. Do it when you are playing some cd or USB. The 'external vloume' will be the volume of your blue and me.
I totally agree with the service part that you have mentioned. I had also been to a service center and i was helped with every possible way by them without any prior appointment. Hope people get this clear.
Hey where can i get this teambhp stickers. I need it for my cars. Please let me know.
I DO AGREE WITH YOU. PEOPLE LOOKING IN FOR LINEA SHOULD BUY IT.
Thanks anyway Prash, I am going to sit on this tomorrow, Look up the T-BHP store, The Team-BHP Store for buying stickers.

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd August 2010 at 18:27. Reason: Updating Team-BHP store URL to the new one. :)
Old 24th March 2009, 12:26   #50
BHPian

Here goes the next update

I have been keeping quite for a while, cause wanted to add substantial information. It did not make sense to add 1-2 lines to the post.

In this post, I will give details about the performance, service centre experience, mileage and long drive experience.

The car has performed above expectations, and I really mean it. So far, the car has run about 656Km, that’s way too less, but it was a good mix of city roads, minor highway and rural roads. I had taken the car for a T-Bhp meet on March, 15th. It is just not me who loved the car but a lot of folks out there showered praises. The car handled beautifully on all the different roads we travelled on the meet from mud to gravel. Since I am still in the run-in period I have not pushed the car. Never felt the need to push the car, with the 5th gear engaged at 2500RPM I was able to maintain a constant 80-90Km speed. BTW the owner’s manual does not mention anything related to break-in or run-in. During the drive, I used the ABS quite a few times, it was extraordinary for this size of a car.

The service centre experience is where the Fiat falls short, Concorde staff treat you with the same respect as shown towards Indica cab owners. But that’s only the front office staff, the actual service advisors and engineers are good, they constantly called and kept me updated on the parts availability. The A-pillar trim was bent, and I don’t know how it happened, during the initial PDI, I had missed it. Fiat replaced it at no-cost, car was given a full wash, which was a good gesture.

With the tank full to tank full method, I have come to the following figures

Distance covered – 456, fuel used 40.56 = 11.24. Mostly city driving except for the 182Km drive on rural and highway roads. A/C was on close to 90% of the time. I can easily come to conclusions on the above figures. These according to me with ACC on 90% are pretty decent for Hyderabad roads.

Interiors are a pain to maintain due to the beige colour. Sometimes the mobile does not connect automatically to Blue & Me, I connect manually. Sometimes visibility can be a problem if you have not adjusted to the ORVM. My initial report, I had check engine error, which used to light up. A problem was diagnosed with the accelerator sensor, parts are ordered so I am waiting for them. The Engine guard scrapes when you are not careful while going up a ramp.

Have added 3M sun film, all around, 39% windows and rear windshield, 70% on the front, ACC is working more efficiently. Purchased a Hydraulic jack for the car, Puncture repair kit, the usual polish, shampoo dashboard cleaner etc.

Loved the follow me home feature. The trip computer is awesome, especially the range, it has worked quite accurately. The interior lighting is fantastic, with all the settings, quite bright and very practical.

Over the weekend I am planning to take the car out to Kanha National Park, which is about 750+Km one way from Hyderabad. So return trip is estimated to me about 1600KM. I will have a complete report after the trip.

I will be posting pictures in a while....

Last edited by downsouth : 24th March 2009 at 12:27.
Old 24th March 2009, 13:23   #51
BHPian

Please Note: These pictures were posted by my dear T-Bhp members from hyderabad, at the March 15th drive meet to Vikarabad
Attached Thumbnails
My Linea joins the family-114240d1237623972thyderabadmarch09drivemeetdsc_5854.jpg  

My Linea joins the family-113068d1237356596thyderabadmarch09drivemeetimage230.jpg  

My Linea joins the family-112638d1237246772thyderabadmarch09drivemeetimage125.jpg  

My Linea joins the family-112651d1237246929thyderabadmarch09drivemeetimage198.jpg  

My Linea joins the family-112653d1237246929thyderabadmarch09drivemeetimage226.jpg  

My Linea joins the family-112612d1237245758thyderabadmarch09drivemeetimage073.jpg  

My Linea joins the family-112622d1237246042thyderabadmarch09drivemeetimage090.jpg  

My Linea joins the family-112583d1237244694thyderabadmarch09drivemeetimage206.jpg  

My Linea joins the family-112469d1237218529thyderabadmarch09drivemeetdsc_5706.jpg  

Old 24th March 2009, 13:31   #52
BHPian

great pics dude!
keep posting
Old 24th March 2009, 14:19   #53
Senior - BHPian

gr8 pics mate, keep updating and have a safe ride.
Old 24th March 2009, 16:49   #54
BHPian

@shantyrocks, vijaythacker I need to get a couple of the interiors clicked. Hope to have them in a couple of days.
Old 24th March 2009, 22:54   #55
BHPian

Hey Downsouth - just saw this - Congratulations on a great buy - looks fantastic! Kanha sounds like a great idea - a report on that would be even better.:-)
Old 24th March 2009, 23:21   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amip View Post
Hey Downsouth - just saw this - Congratulations on a great buy - looks fantastic! Kanha sounds like a great idea - a report on that would be even better.:-)
Hey Amip, thanks for the post, I guess we met during the december meet if I am not mistaken. Yeah Kanha it is, I want to cover all the Project Tiger parks this side of the country. Surely you will see a report from me once I am back.
Old 24th March 2009, 23:37   #57
BHPian

The nicest set of pics of the Linea yet, really brings out the Linea in a everyday use perspective. The colour is nice, the wheels especially look awesome, love the alloys. Fiat has got so many things right with this car and they deserve to succeed.
Old 24th March 2009, 23:56   #58
Senior - BHPian

Have a safe trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Hey Amip, thanks for the post, I guess we met during the december meet if I am not mistaken. Yeah Kanha it is, I want to cover all the Project Tiger parks this side of the country. Surely you will see a report from me once I am back.
Hi Chetan,

Sounds like a lovely trip. Have a safe trip and we definitely expect a detailed travelogue on your return!

Cheers,
Old 25th March 2009, 00:29   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Chetan, great review on the car and even lovelier pictures. I reckon your one of the earliest guys from hyderabad to have picked up a Linea.

It surely look amazing in the flesh and has a superb road presence. I was wanting to take a detailed look during our last meet but, you know how crazy it was, it just slipped out of my mind. Hope to do it next time we meet.

Btw, Look forward to a detailed trips after you return from your Kanha trip. Now dont you forget to carry your camera
Old 25th March 2009, 00:45   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post
The nicest set of pics of the Linea yet, really brings out the Linea in a everyday use perspective. The colour is nice, the wheels especially look awesome, love the alloys. Fiat has got so many things right with this car and they deserve to succeed.
The pictures were shot by other member's at the T-Bhp meet in Hyderabad, and I have posted them here, surely you can see the quality with that.

Well, Fiat has done a great job, if not an exceptional one. Now hoping Tata's can continue the tread(P.S. Hoping is bold & underlined). Then it will be a true success story to rave about.

Most Viewed