Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2009, 09:15   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Viking,

Congrats on the Linea from a fellow owner, It's really nice to see that you are enjoying your ride.

happy driving,

P.S. If I am not mistaken are the pictures of the Linea from the Bangalore-Madras Golden-Quadrangle, I was there 1st week.
Thank you Downsouth,
A few pics are on the GQ between Bangalore and Krishnagiri. The others are on NH47, Coimbatore Bypass.
Hope you are enjoying your ride as well.
Old 9th March 2009, 10:03   #47
BHPian

Linea...my first

Finally, I spotted a Linea on the road in Delhi. This is my first. This was in Dwarka Sector 7 Ramphal market in Delhi. I even honked to grab the ownere's attention but he and his friend were mercilessly marauding a samosa as they sat inside the magnificent piece of automobile.

All analysis and road tests apart, when I saw the Linea, the first thing I thought was "What have I done to deserve an Alto? Forget Value for money, FE and all that. Just go for this most beautiful thing masquerading as a car!"

I hope that owner I saw is a member here.
Old 9th March 2009, 10:04   #48
BHPian

On-Road price?

Dear Viking,

Congrats mate, well crafted first hand review and nice pics, and the color suits I liked this more than the other colors I have seen so far.

Just to know what was the on-road price in Bangalore?

Regards,
N
Old 9th March 2009, 12:10   #49
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Viking, Great choice!

Enjoy the ride!
Old 9th March 2009, 12:11   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
So finally you booked a Linea after thinking about verna, getz, ford fiesta
Good choice buddy.
What is the OTR?
just include Skoda Laura (OTR 18.45L) too.
Booked laura by paying 3lakhs and cancelled by oct 08 due to financial reasons :(
after that gone to abroad.so booked Minimum Grey linea MJD Emotion pack on 22 jan from VST Motors Chennai.
OTR is Rs.9,11,248 with 2 years Ext Warranty.
Paid full amount.But still no sign of delivery.
They promised to deliver the car by 16 Feb 2009 after that they told me the new date as 10 March 2009.
But still the consignment is not reached Chennai.This is the problem by dealers and made me to cancel the booking and looking for some other car.
But Linea is VFM so i wanted this car badly so i keep my fingers crossed and Awaiting Linea.

meanwhile VST GM has sent me the temp car as promised.It will be there for my usage till i deliver my car and agreed to give interest for paid amount too .

Last edited by aks_karthik : 9th March 2009 at 12:17.
Old 9th March 2009, 15:10   #51
BHPian

Congrats! Please do get mudflaps soon
Old 9th March 2009, 17:14   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelwriter View Post

All analysis and road tests apart, when I saw the Linea, the first thing I thought was "What have I done to deserve an Alto? Forget Value for money, FE and all that. Just go for this most beautiful thing masquerading as a car!"
LOL its recession time dude
Old 9th March 2009, 19:57   #53
BHPian

thank you so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIKING View Post
Prash,
I am afraid the N70 does not support SMS reader function of Blue&Me. Hence your issue with SMS. Please find below the list of functions supported/not for N70.
Functions

Supported

Dial from the car kit
Yes

Reject incoming call
Yes

Redial
Yes

User defined ring tone (kept from the phone)
Yes

Network provider name
No

Conference call
Yes

Call waiting (second incoming call)
Yes

Caller ID as stored in the phonebook

Yes

Contacts download one by one
Yes

by selection
Yes

fully automatic
No(1)

Transfer the audio out to your phone (private call)
No(2)

Muting (Local privacy)
Yes

SMS reader
No
Hey thank you so much. I am really touched. You went through the oddings and made me get that info.
I am highly obliged. Thank you so much for it.

I made an half day trip to alibaug yesterday. It was a 240 kms drive (to and fro). The drive was silk smooth and amazing. There was this small hilly section and the Linea poised with great grip and confidence. I am making a trip to Bhimashankar (from mumbai) in a day or 2. The FE I got with 5 passenger and AC on was 18. This is a great motor. No sign of underpower. The car pulled of very well.
Old 11th March 2009, 09:32   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayanang76 View Post
Just to know what was the on-road price in Bangalore?
N
Thank you Narayang. I paid 9.62 lakhs with extended warranty. Insurance etc.' was done by Prerana. Royal Sundaram.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishsegar View Post
Congrats! Please do get mudflaps soon
Thank you harish. Accessories are still not available, even mudflaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash View Post
Hey thank you so much. I am really touched. You went through the oddings and made me get that info.
I am highly obliged. Thank you so much for it.

I made an half day trip to alibaug yesterday. It was a 240 kms drive (to and fro). The drive was silk smooth and amazing. There was this small hilly section and the Linea poised with great grip and confidence. I am making a trip to Bhimashankar (from mumbai) in a day or 2. The FE I got with 5 passenger and AC on was 18. This is a great motor. No sign of underpower. The car pulled of very well.
You are welcome prash. I too found the Linea corners quite well, though all my cornering was done at 80kmph. Waiting for my next drive to really test her out. If the magazine reviews are anything to go by, I think it should be good. The handling reminds my of the old Siena. The one with the handle bar grille.
Old 11th March 2009, 23:50   #55
BHPian

At last got my linea today after 3 weeks of wait.
Attached Images

Old 12th March 2009, 00:35   #56
BHPian

Congrats Harshavarthan from another MJD Linea owner! Numbers are increasing for Linea not only on tbhp but on road also. Now I come across a number of Linea on Ahmedabad roads. Waiting for your initial experiences with dealership etc. To star a new thread is not a bad idea!
Old 12th March 2009, 08:10   #57
BHPian

congratulations on the new ride harshavarthan.

you've been lucky its only been a 3 week wait!! what spec emotion or emotion+?

and i agree - start up a new thread...
Old 12th March 2009, 08:13   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehamit View Post
Congrats Harshavarthan from another MJD Linea owner! Numbers are increasing for Linea not only on tbhp but on road also. Now I come across a number of Linea on Ahmedabad roads. Waiting for your initial experiences with dealership etc. To star a new thread is not a bad idea!
Abouts dealership, it was the first of its kind experience for us. Its the 4th car at home in 10 years and we had never been so anxious and dissatisfied before. These people tried to sell me a demo car. We then forced them to cancel the order and only after that they offered to give one from new batch of cars that came to dealership on saturday. That too was offered by the owner of the dealership and not the employees. Unlike the sales people and other staff who were arrogant and uncooperative, the owner of the dealership was very kind. Even the GM never bothered to cool us. I'll recommend not buy linea from Madurai as far as possible.
Old 12th March 2009, 08:25   #59
BHPian

and another one bites the dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
These people tried to sell me a demo car. We then forced them to cancel the order and only after that they offered to give one from new batch of cars that came to dealership on saturday. That too was offered by the owner of the dealership and not the employees. Unlike the sales people and other staff who were arrogant and uncooperative. Even the GM never bothered to cool us.
welcome to the hell that is the byword for fiat dealerships and their staff....
THIS is the reason why fiat is in the s*** that it is in. their products are fantastic vfm and built to last - the fly in their ointment is their dealers.

at the risk of painting all of them with the same brush - fiat needs to throw out each and every one of their current dealers and put fresh, competent and professionally managed operations in place. THAT is what will save fiat in india - not a slew of modern motors extremely capable and pretty damn cheap to boot!!
Old 12th March 2009, 10:04   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
Abouts dealership, it was the first of its kind experience for us. Its the 4th car at home in 10 years and we had never been so anxious and dissatisfied before. These people tried to sell me a demo car. We then forced them to cancel the order and only after that they offered to give one from new batch of cars that came to dealership on saturday. That too was offered by the owner of the dealership and not the employees. Unlike the sales people and other staff who were arrogant and uncooperative, the owner of the dealership was very kind. Even the GM never bothered to cool us. I'll recommend not buy linea from Madurai as far as possible.

You should immediately contact FIAT - TATA motors and report this to them. In rare cases company comes to know about such incidents. I think its more of a dealer issue rather than the company.

I had expressed my dissatisfaction about some work on my Palio to the service feedback mechanism of TATA motors for my Palio and then the service advisor told me that the dealer(Service center owner) has got a Memo for the same and finally the service advisor who took my car for running repair was held responsible by the owner of the service center.

This was very unexpected for a FIAT customer like me but then the good thing is, they follwed it up with the service center. Please do not let it go, report this immediately. May be the dealer will sell the same demo car to an unsuspected customer in near future.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks