Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2009, 13:45   #76
BANNED

Is that dealer a used car seller? If not why is he selling a used car?
They won't stop these antics, will they? Better be careful at PDI than feel bad later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
These people tried to sell me a demo car.
Old 13th March 2009, 22:13   #77

Guys wanted to know if the champagne colour for Fiat Linea has been discontinued. I had booked a Fiat linea Petrol E+ from Concorde Motors ( Mumbai) over 8 weeks back and now I am told ,I cant get a delivery because the colour has been discontinued.!!!
Old 14th March 2009, 14:19   #78
Team-BHP Support

I don't think a color will be discontinued so soon. Its the dealer who is giving this bullcrap to you. Call up Fiat and check.
Old 14th March 2009, 14:56   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornadoofsouls View Post
Guys wanted to know if the champagne colour for Fiat Linea has been discontinued. I had booked a Fiat linea Petrol E+ from Concorde Motors ( Mumbai) over 8 weeks back and now I am told ,I cant get a delivery because the colour has been discontinued.!!!
thats crap, no company would discontinue its colour available without any specific reasons, check out with other dealers in your city, and also check out with fiat linea's website if it may have some information if its been done so regarding.
Old 16th March 2009, 15:29   #80
BHPian

Amazing Fe

Drive Mumbai - Pune - Bhimashnakar - Mumbai
Kms driven 581.8.
Top speed touched 100 kmph.
Driven on express highway, pune nasik highway, ghat section and some city driving.
100 % of time AC on.
5 passengers. 4 Adults and 1 Kid.
30.48 ltrs of diesel consumed.
FE achieved 19.08 kmpl.
Multi Display showed FE of 19.4 kmpl.
Old 16th March 2009, 19:06   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash View Post
Drive Mumbai - Pune - Bhimashnakar - Mumbai
Kms driven 581.8.
Top speed touched 100 kmph.
Driven on express highway, pune nasik highway, ghat section and some city driving.
100 % of time AC on.
5 passengers. 4 Adults and 1 Kid.
30.48 ltrs of diesel consumed.
FE achieved 19.08 kmpl.
Multi Display showed FE of 19.4 kmpl.
How do we check the fuel consumption? Its not displaying. Total Kms, Day and Date, and Outside Temperature only is seen. Nothing else. I have set the settings from L/100kms to Kms/L. How to go about from this? Please help me to set the display.
Old 17th March 2009, 15:48   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
How do we check the fuel consumption? Its not displaying. Total Kms, Day and Date, and Outside Temperature only is seen. Nothing else. I have set the settings from L/100kms to Kms/L. How to go about from this? Please help me to set the display.
I have quoted the figures from tank full to tank full of measuring system. You can also check by pressing the tip of the stick. The switch is located on the tip of the righthand side stick (wiper one). You need to keep pressing to check different things shown on display.
Old 22nd March 2009, 22:23   #83

Hi,
I had booked red linea petrol emotion + on Jan 09 itself at pandit Automobile Pune. In fact I was the first to book linea petrol at pandit's. They asked fro 1L booking amount which I gave them as they promised delivery in 3 -4 weeks time after 20th Jan. They deposited the cheque on 20th Jan. After waiting till Feb 28th & no sight of linea I got restless. In the meanwhile they took cheques for complete amount ( they told me the car is with them & would be given to me in 2 -3 days, later turned out it was not for me but a famous personality ) . They though did not deposit the cheques. Finally after some strong words I cancelled my booking in March first week & got the refunded amount of Rs100,000 with 1 % interest on it.
It was a bad experience. I was awaiting this car since Jun 08 when I first came to know about it and am still without it.
I gave the booking amount of 1L thinking that these are the official requirements of booking & that it is Fiat's policy.
Later I realized that it is on discretion of dealer.
BU Bhandari is asking for 50000Rs deposit.
I think it is highly unethical on part of dealer ( here Pandit) to charge such hefty amount for booking with no delivery date.
At this point my policy is that will not pay any booking amount more than 5000Rs .
And so am without the car.
Has somebody else faced this issue?
What can be done about it?
What has been the policy of members of the forum vis a vis policies regarding booking?
Is there a genuine problem at fiat regarding Linea Red Emot + petrol?
Old 22nd March 2009, 23:09   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahshahid View Post
Hi,
I had booked red linea petrol emotion + on Jan 09 itself at pandit Automobile Pune. In fact I was the first to book linea petrol at pandit's. They asked fro 1L booking amount which I gave them as they promised delivery in 3 -4 weeks time after 20th Jan. They deposited the cheque on 20th Jan. After waiting till Feb 28th & no sight of linea I got restless. In the meanwhile they took cheques for complete amount ( they told me the car is with them & would be given to me in 2 -3 days, later turned out it was not for me but a famous personality ) . They though did not deposit the cheques. Finally after some strong words I cancelled my booking in March first week & got the refunded amount of Rs100,000 with 1 % interest on it.
It was a bad experience. I was awaiting this car since Jun 08 when I first came to know about it and am still without it.
I gave the booking amount of 1L thinking that these are the official requirements of booking & that it is Fiat's policy.
Later I realized that it is on discretion of dealer.
BU Bhandari is asking for 50000Rs deposit.
I think it is highly unethical on part of dealer ( here Pandit) to charge such hefty amount for booking with no delivery date.
At this point my policy is that will not pay any booking amount more than 5000Rs .
And so am without the car.
Has somebody else faced this issue?
What can be done about it?
What has been the policy of members of the forum vis a vis policies regarding booking?
Is there a genuine problem at fiat regarding Linea Red Emot + petrol?
Wow , I too had booked a petrol Linea E+ (perle champagne)
I booked it through Concorde Motors( Mumbai), they too took a deposit of Rs 1L , in the last week of Jan 09.
With a similar ordeal of "Sir car is on the way only 2-3 days more" or "Sir Its on the way next week".
Finally I lost my cool , (Concorde Motors having taken and enchased the cheques for the full amount by then)when they said "Sir colour is not in production".

I then wrote to customercare@tatamotors.com only then did things get moving got my chassis number,realtime status of the car and after two months I got to see my car at Concorde Motors(mumbai) yesterday.
Yet got to take the delivery pending registration.Will get it next week on Friday (Gudi Pavda)
Will write my ordeal in detail after I get my car
Old 22nd March 2009, 23:20   #85
BHPian

ashahid, I think it is at the discretion of the dealer to charge as much as he wants for the booking.

Here in Hyderabad, I booked with Autofin and they asked for 50k. But another "Malik motors" had asked for 1L. Several TBHPians (especially in Banglore) booked their Lineas with 1L advance.

I don't know if it is the case only with TATA-Fiat or same with other manufacturers as well.
Old 22nd March 2009, 23:24   #86
BANNED

ahshahid - Pls reason it out. You've waited for the car for a year first. Then you booked & waited again for your dreamed possession for 1.5 months more. Why do you want to ruin it further because of a dealer? Having said that, I can understand your frustration for obvious reasons & won't give you any advice. But, here is what I would have done in this scenario:

I've heard that demand for Emotion Pack variant has far far exceeded Fiat's expectations & hence initially the wait was longer. However, there are some of those who got deliveries faster (check t-bhp threads). It also seems that the dealer has given your car to that famous personality. In such a scenario, rather than allowing dealer to get away with it, I would have mounted tremendous pressure. Would have created a huge & ugly scene at dealership, then would have spoken to Fiat (& may be Tata also) very very strongly. There are many on t-bhp who have done that & got immediate response from Fiat in case of even smaller issues. This would have created pressure on dealer & I would have got my car in 10-15 days from 28th Feb you mentioned (i.e. by now I would have had it). In such a pressure cooker scenario, its also possible that dealer throws some freebies to calm you down. Unfortunately, you cancelled the booking & will now start from square one. Even if you book today, the other dealer would still take 3-5 weeks to deliver.

Coming to your question - I've also booked Linea Emotion Pack Petrol Flamenco Red last week. One dealer has asked for minimum 1 Lac booking amount & 4-5 weeks waiting. The other dealer has asked for 50K booking amount with 12-15 days waiting period. I've booked with the 2nd dealer who said he can give delivery before March-end positively (I've my doubts but still looking at his confidence he could hv delivered it probably). But I want it in Apr for some accounting reasons & am praying that I get delivery by Apr 1st week. Will share with you what I experience in next few days
Old 23rd March 2009, 21:42   #87
BHPian

Hey Tornado,

Wishing you all the best for your new car, infact here is a shout out to you that i would be (hopefully) getting my Linea Emotion Pack (Diesel - Red) on guddi padva, from Concorde in Mumbai too .... hopefully they sort out the octroi and regestration in the next couple of days.

Maybe i'll see you at the dealership...

My concern now is , will Blue&Me work well with my iPhone 3G?

Cheers and Happy Guddi Padva !

Mazher R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornadoofsouls View Post
Wow , I too had booked a petrol Linea E+ (perle champagne)
I booked it through Concorde Motors( Mumbai), they too took a deposit of Rs 1L , in the last week of Jan 09.
With a similar ordeal of "Sir car is on the way only 2-3 days more" or "Sir Its on the way next week".
Finally I lost my cool , (Concorde Motors having taken and enchased the cheques for the full amount by then)when they said "Sir colour is not in production".

I then wrote to customercare@tatamotors.com only then did things get moving got my chassis number,realtime status of the car and after two months I got to see my car at Concorde Motors(mumbai) yesterday.
Yet got to take the delivery pending registration.Will get it next week on Friday (Gudi Pavda)
Will write my ordeal in detail after I get my car
Old 23rd March 2009, 22:39   #88

I was in touch with BU Bhandari . Got a call today that they have a Emo + petrol available & can deliver it by friday . The only catch is that it is silver. I have decided to compromise for the colour ( instead of flamenco Red going for silver). Here there will not be any deposit
I also took TD of petrol today. definitely slow pickup but once it gathers speed it is Ok.
Old 23rd March 2009, 22:44   #89
BHPian

Even I have to take delivery in April only. Stupid accounting reasons of my company.

I estimated 1 month waiting and booked on Mar 9. Now my car has already arrived at the dealership (within 2 weeks of booking).

I told them to give it off to someone and renew my booking so that I get a new one by April 2nd week.
Old 30th March 2009, 23:10   #90
abk
BHPian

An offer for the TATA employees on fiat linea
Attached Files
File Type: pdf mar09_specialoffers_linea.pdf (528.8 KB, 1082 views)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks