Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2009, 21:07   #151
Senior - BHPian

No, the 6 speed DSG is the notorious one. The 7 speed is the later one with dry clutches which are supposed to be better.

Then again, do you really want to own one?
Old 29th March 2009, 12:42   #152
GTO
Team-BHP Support

In light of recent developments, I am not able to recommend the Superb to anyone. In fact, I have turned away nearly 20 potential Superb buyers (and counting). This is NOT related to Skoda's threats to Team-BHP. Despite how a manufacturer may perceive Team-BHP, we do carry a responsibility and must remain unbiased.

Buttttttttttttttttttt their behaviour confirms that the company does NOT care a damn about it's customers. Do I really want my friend / family member to spend 25 lakhs on a car, and then as a customer receive pathetic support from the company? I genuinely believe that buying a Skoda today is the worst possible decision that anyone can make. Reasons:

1. The worst standards of after-sales service. And dealers & company officials seem to work hand-in-hand with overcharging & cheating customers.

2. Petrol Skodas have traditionally been unreliable. Just ask any 1.8 vRS owners of the problems they face. May be ahead of its time, but I don't expect the petrol Superb to offer long-term reliability.

3. Diesel Skodas are reliable, but the complex electronics & DSG aren't. The Superb has both.

Thus, do I want someone to buy a car that will in all probability be unreliable, get cheated by the dealer, receive poor after-sales, pay Mercedes-like prices for parts / labour and then receive absolutely NO support from Skoda India? Or worse still, have Skoda fight him in court?

NOPE.
Old 29th March 2009, 13:00   #153
BHPian

Hey GTO,

After reading your articles on skoda,I have decided to back out.But the only hitch is that I ve made a down payment of 8 lakhs and the disbursement of 14 lakhs by hdfc is also credited to JMD's account.Since JMD has failed its comitment to invoice me on the 31st march and the dlivery before 8th april,can I cancel the order?(I ve the above in writing on my mailbox).Please help and suggest a suitable car.

Warm Regards,

Kedar Walke
Old 29th March 2009, 15:06   #154
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post
After reading your articles on skoda,I have decided to back out.
Congratulations on a wise decision!

Quote:
But the only hitch is that I ve made a down payment of 8 lakhs and the disbursement of 14 lakhs by hdfc is also credited to JMD's account.Since JMD has failed its comitment to invoice me on the 31st march and the dlivery before 8th april,can I cancel the order?
As long as the car has not been invoiced & registered in your name, you may cancel the order at any time. JMD ought to issue you a refund without hesitation.

The only catch is HDFC's finance already being released. Logically, from their end, the loan has been disbursed and EMIs have begun. Explain the situation clearly to them. Tell them you wish to transfer the loan amount to another car and they will waive off any pre-payment fees (on paper, your existing Skoda loan will have to be closed and a new one activated).

WRT an alternative car, please create a new thread in the "What Car" forum section.
Old 29th March 2009, 15:33   #155
BHPian

Congratulations Kedar:

It takes courage to do what you have done; all the same an arrogant auto manufacturer needs to realise the damage it is doing.

SkodaAuto India needs to realize what we are taught in Marketing 101 "only the customer pays your salary..."

I hope the relevant SkodaAuto India employees also understand that.

Cheers,

Last edited by diffsoft : 29th March 2009 at 15:36.
Old 29th March 2009, 19:30   #156
Senior - BHPian

Woow, this is a direct impact on the sales of Skoda.
Kedar, if at all Skoda is involved in the cancellation of the order, you may get a taste of the business practices. all the best for your next car.
Old 29th March 2009, 22:02   #157
BHPian

Thats the way to go Kedar. Long Live Team-Bhp.
Old 30th March 2009, 11:00   #158

Kedar
As far as I was told by the dealer, the price diff b/w petrol and diesel is not more than 2 lakhs - so why is your dealer asking you to pay 3.68Lakhs extra for the 2.0 TDI?
Old 30th March 2009, 12:39   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anurag1973 View Post
Kedar
As far as I was told by the dealer, the price diff b/w petrol and diesel is not more than 2 lakhs - so why is your dealer asking you to pay 3.68Lakhs extra for the 2.0 TDI?
Another case of arbitrary nature of one of the skoda dealers or is that the companies way of handling this?
Old 30th March 2009, 12:55   #160

Guys after reading the hot thread on Skoda's ridiculous handling of customer service issues, I've changed my mind on buying the new Superb
There is no way I'm going to invest 20 lakh rupees of my hard earned money on brand who has no respect for customer sentiments!

Now back to the drawing board for selecting a new car!
Old 30th March 2009, 13:18   #161
BHPian

can anybody please let me know the ex showroom for the diesel superb.The official launch is on the 8th of April.
Old 30th March 2009, 13:19   #162
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
can anybody please let me know the ex showroom for the diesel superb.The official launch is on the 8th of April.
Really? Speculations were that the diesel wont come before 6 months !
Old 30th March 2009, 13:38   #163
Team-BHP Support

The lasy at JMD who I have been in touch with for the Laura had mentioned it would be here mid-April.

manson.
Old 30th March 2009, 13:47   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Really? Speculations were that the diesel wont come before 6 months !
I am getting the delivery on the 9th of April,I want the invoicing today so just wanted to confirm the ex-showroom price....because it shoul not be that they have charged me extra bucks for the same.Jmd has given ex thane without octroi 21,45,000.So a total difference of 3,05,000

Last edited by kedarwalke : 30th March 2009 at 14:03.
Old 30th March 2009, 15:08   #165
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am getting the delivery on the 9th of April,I want the invoicing today so just wanted to confirm the ex-showroom price....because it shoul not be that they have charged me extra bucks for the same.Jmd has given ex thane without octroi 21,45,000.So a total difference of 3,05,000
Thats quite large a difference,why don't you stick with the petrol.
Do you plan to keep the car for a very long time and excessive highway runs?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks