Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2009, 17:10   #76
BHPian

:(
had been to the showroom(autoraph and autobahn) with a chq of Rs200000.As per their price list the insurance amount is Rs 69,000 done by icici lombard.Since one of my relative is a insurance agent he said that the insurance amount should be Rs39,000.ex showroom cost is Rs 18,40,00
Now when I told both of them that I want to do the insurance,they say that they are not getting approval so I have to do it from them only.One of the sales manager said'Insurance pe hi to kamana hai".
30,000 is a big saving.
I have just come back without doing the booking.Hunting for another dealer.Please help guys.
Old 13th March 2009, 17:40   #77
Senior - BHPian

If you do not have any other dealer in Mumbai then you could very well check with Pune dealer. Pune is not far anyways
Old 13th March 2009, 19:19   #78
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Not in the case of the V6 with a 6L headstart over the Superb.
It is the I-4 that is the logical competitor to the petrol Superb. And one that will beat the Superb hands down in ownership costs.
Old 13th March 2009, 21:27   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post
:(
had been to the showroom(autoraph and autobahn) with a chq of Rs200000.As per their price list the insurance amount is Rs 69,000 done by icici lombard.Since one of my relative is a insurance agent he said that the insurance amount should be Rs39,000.ex showroom cost is Rs 18,40,00
Now when I told both of them that I want to do the insurance,they say that they are not getting approval so I have to do it from them only.One of the sales manager said'Insurance pe hi to kamana hai".
30,000 is a big saving.
I have just come back without doing the booking.Hunting for another dealer.Please help guys.
Dealer cannot insist on insurance, it is your choice whom you take it from. Dealerships keep healthy margins for insurance and even RTO tax is overcharged as "fees", hence i get both done elsewhere.

Tell one that the other is offering you to do insurance by yourself. If nothing works tell them you will take the matter to consumer court/forum as it's illegal to force a product on you. Try speaking with the showroom head they will be more clear.
Old 14th March 2009, 12:23   #80
BHPian

Well after lot of pressure I ve managed to do the insurance myself and booking the vehicle with JMD cars Thane(Please confirm whether they are the genuine authorised dealers and if they provide good service?).
Also please suggest if I should go for the silver or the rosa brunello(reddish maroon) color.
And what documents or receipts should I ask from them when I give them the booking amount.
He has comitted me first week of April.For depreciation I have asked him to give the invoice on 31 st march and he agreed(before financial year end)Can anybody confirm whether I can claim depreciation if I get the invoice on 31st March?
Well thanks once again for all your support T-bhpians!
Old 14th March 2009, 12:42   #81
BHPian

rosa brunello looks good otherwise white looks regal black has killer looks but difficult to maintain ultimately its what you like not others(beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder)
also congrats on you new car
Old 14th March 2009, 12:53   #82
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Well after lot of pressure I ve managed to do the insurance myself
In these parts, the insurance is for 95% of the showroom value and around 3% of the amount plus the service tax. How much did you have to pay or would be paying?

Quote:
Can anybody confirm whether I can claim depreciation if I get the invoice on 31st March?
To the best of my belief, yes. But the rate would be 10%. If purchased before September 30, it would be 20%.
Old 14th March 2009, 14:06   #83
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations! Good to hear that you have managed to get the insurance from outside. How much are you paying for it and which insurance are you opted for ?

I feel the Reddish maroon looks way to better than the white, black, silver. Also, it's a new colour, and not get to see much in any other car. The car looks more elegant and rich with that colour. If I was in your place I would pick this colour eyes closed my second choice would be black.

Would also make a small suggestion of not using their service, have had bad experiences with both JMD and Autograph.

Reg the depreciation why don't you call up your CA and check for the same.
Old 14th March 2009, 15:46   #84
BHPian

I am gettin it done at 390000 from new india assurance and the showroom guys are doing it at Rs 690000.
Even i am thinking the rosa brunello colour looks much better....
Old 14th March 2009, 16:25   #85
Team-BHP Support

Just had a loooong TD of the Superb. Will write a detailed review soon.

In short it was "Simply superb".
Old 14th March 2009, 16:32   #86
BHPian

Eagerly waiting for your review!!!
Old 14th March 2009, 16:47   #87
BHPian

Quote:
I am gettin it done at 390000 from new india assurance and the showroom guys are doing it at Rs 690000.
Congrats first on your purchase. 390000?? I think you got the zeroes wrong. Anyway did you find out why there is so much difference in the insurance amounts quoted. Are you claiming any no claim bonus from your old car?
I think you must be aware of this if not heres the link to that article.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...emiums-14.html
Old 14th March 2009, 16:55   #88
BHPian

Quote:
first of all Congrats Kedar! wise choice indeed. and i think u made a typo error by adding one more zero to your insurance amount!
I think the marron is a great colour. white is also nice. it looks elegant. the black is a timeless colour. would look like a mafiaso's car!

I think this time skoda has really done its home work and going to give honda sleepless nights. I mean common, this car is loaded to the brim with features. honda comes no where close. safety features are also top class. then performance wise also i think this small 1.8 petrol can give the honda's 2.4 i-vtec a run for its money. and comfort wise i think there is no competetion. superb is in different league alltogether when it comes to luxury and comfort. here it competes with the 40+ lac segment!
I think this 1.8 TSI engine is amazing and makes good sense even compared to the 2.0L diesel coming later. as it is going to be about 2-3 lacs more expensive as told by a dealer in mumbai. so if you want refinement of a petrol car then at on road price of 21.50 lacs in mumbai this is a stealer. performance wise also this car would be better compared to the diesel. at this price point I think the superb is going to be the new king! (passat and camry would have to stop their production soon!) and about the accord v6, let the superb v6 petrol come.

also i dont understand the logic of people when it comes to the skoda superb. people who have Accords are chauffered around in but they also drive their own cars. you see many owners selfdriving their Accords all the time. but somehow when it comes to superb, I have hardly ever seen, infact never seen anyone selfdriving their own car! its like its not meant to use that way at all. when its actually better to drive than the accord. handling is also better. its also smaller in size than the accord (length wise) so it should be better to drive a superb than an accord in city. all in all.. skoda have a clear winner in superb!
Old 14th March 2009, 17:58   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow! That 390000 looks like a premium of BMW 7serious more than the superb i suppose the insurance is suppose to be 3% or of the x showroom cost, what company is this charging so less ? ..go for the red-maroon colour man.. has a great pearl effect

Last edited by Invinsible : 14th March 2009 at 18:04.
Old 14th March 2009, 18:28   #90
Senior - BHPian

Hi Kedar,

Quote:
I am sure that the showroom quotation for the insurance was on the higher side, but your insurance at 39000 is way low than what is the normal. Are you getting some NCB transferred form another vehicle?

So far insurance was something which was more or less uniform across the country, maybe even that has changed!

Anyway, if indeed you are getting similar insurance for the lower amount you have saved the equivalent of more than the second year premium. Good for you!

Most Viewed