Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2009, 15:18   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Thats quite large a difference,why don't you stick with the petrol.
Do you plan to keep the car for a very long time and excessive highway runs?
But again petrol skodas are not reliable.Thats the only concern.Also petrol will have a very bad resale.& I heard skoda diesels are much better than the petrol.I will be driving 70% bumper to bumper and 30% highways.
Old 30th March 2009, 19:53   #167
BHPian

congrats bro with its features its a steal at 25 lakhs waiting for 9th april for your initial ownership review and pics.which colour are you getting it seems rosa is not available
Old 30th March 2009, 23:41   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
congrats bro with its features its a steal at 25 lakhs waiting for 9th april for your initial ownership review and pics.which colour are you getting it seems rosa is not available
Rosa is not available,will be going for silver as I have to get it before 10th(Its ma Fiancee's bday)!

Last edited by kedarwalke : 30th March 2009 at 23:43.
Old 31st March 2009, 08:16   #169
BHPian

lucky fiancee does she know to drive
Old 31st March 2009, 10:43   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post
Rosa is not available,will be going for silver as I have to get it before 10th(Its ma Fiancee's bday)!
WOW! that's gonna be a very sweet surprise for her. I was in the same situation when I got my Fabia last year and i did get return surprises too
Nevertheless great choice of colour, Brillant silver does look good on the Superb. Saw one yesterday and it made the car look bigger, looked nice. May be coz its a lighter shade than the Rossa(red) and black, but ofcourse. Post a new thread and don't forget to grab lots of those pictures.
I may go ahead and get one in few months. Simply love the road presence this car commands. Looks bigger than the accord even though it's not. Great car.
Cheers!

Last edited by Invinsible : 31st March 2009 at 10:45.
Old 31st March 2009, 23:41   #171
BHPian

team bhp Jai ho!!!

Well no offence here,T-bhp stands for honesty,support(free of cost),brotherhood and moreover like a google search engine,where any layman like me can have info about the latest cars and its features,As GTO highligted the Skoda dealers are pracitising dishonesty,and the dealers are hand in glove,Its very important for the first hand buyer to know!
I went through all the threads about skoda,And even made up my mind to cancel my order for the new superb,but then,I dont want to buy a 20lakh accord,Which doesnt have a,
  • sun/moon roof,
  • co-passenger hydraulic seats,
  • ac vents on the b pillar as well vents under the foot for rearr seats,
  • special arrangement for the umbrella,
  • 6.5" touch screen entertainment center with parktronics,
  • steering controls for phone,gear shifting,music,
  • 6 speed dsg diesel engine
  • Multi function display & many more features which only a premium car of 50 lakh+ has,
I mean all these features are available only in Merc E class or an equivalent 40L car.So I made up my mind and went ahead with the skoda superb 2.0 tdi diesel,Where I get 2 yrs warranty from Skoda ,and the 3rd year (in the worst bad luck) I will be spending a lakh or mebbe 2 rupee on maintanace and misc.So its actually a steal for 22L.
I went to Linkway honda today to service my honda accord v6 3.0 ltr 2005 model and I was advised to change the steering pump which costs 40K,steering rack pillion which costs 75K and engine mountings which cost around 40K .So is it teh japanese maintanace which you guys are comparing to the czech manufacturer??
Old 31st March 2009, 23:52   #172
Senior - BHPian

First off, get a second opinion on your Accord.

Secondly, even if all those parts have gone bad, four years and its gonna cost you that much. A lemon of a Superb will cost you that much in four days, although, that shouldn't happen. Then again, the argument here about Skoda isn't bad cars per se, but horrible after sale service. What use is a warranty if all they'll do is replace parts with duplicates and keep the car for a year or two and then sue you for talking about it?

'gratz on your purchase

Last edited by ImmortalZ : 31st March 2009 at 23:55.
Old 1st April 2009, 00:07   #173
BHPian

Well no offence here,T-bhp stands for honesty,support(free of cost),brotherhood and moreover like a google search engine,where any layman like me can have info about the latest cars and its features,As GTO highligted the Skoda dealers are pracitising dishonesty,and the dealers are hand in glove,Its very important for the first hand buyer to know!
I went through all the threads about skoda,And even made up my mind to cancel my order for the new superb,but then,I dont want to buy a 20lakh accord,Which doesnt have a,
  • sun/moon roof,
  • co-passenger hydraulic seats,
  • ac vents on the b pillar as well vents under the foot for rearr seats,
  • special arrangement for the umbrella,
  • 6.5" touch screen entertainment center with parktronics,
  • steering controls for phone,gear shifting,music,
  • 6 speed dsg diesel engine
  • Multi function display
  • Exterior chome package
  • turn indicator in external mirrors
  • ivory nappa seat upholstery
  • eight airbags including rear airbags
  • EBD,Anti slip regulation,Electronic stability programme,Traction control system,hill hold control
  • tyre pressure monitoring
  • Active front head restraints
  • Anti theft alarm with interior monitor and tilt sensor
  • engine immobiliser with floating code
  • remote conrolled closing of windows,boot,mirrors
  • cruise control
  • automatic front wipers with rain sensors
  • & many more features which only a premium car of 50 lakh+ has,
I mean all these features are available only in Merc E class or an equivalent 40L car.So I made up my mind and went ahead with the skoda superb 2.0 tdi diesel,Where I get 2 yrs warranty from Skoda ,and the 3rd year (in the worst bad luck) I will be spending a lakh or mebbe 2 rupee on maintanace and misc.So its actually a steal for 22L.
I went to Linkway honda today to service my honda accord v6 3.0 ltr 2005 model and I was advised to change the steering pump which costs 40K,steering rack pillion which costs 75K and engine mountings which cost around 40K .So is it teh japanese maintanace which you guys are comparing to the czech manufacturer??
Old 1st April 2009, 00:16   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post

Secondly, even if all those parts have gone bad, four years and its gonna cost you that much. A lemon of a Superb will cost you that much in four days, although, that shouldn't happen. Then again, the argument here about Skoda isn't bad cars per se, but horrible after sale service. What use is a warranty if all they'll do is replace parts with duplicates and keep the car for a year or two and then sue you for talking about it?

'gratz on your purchase
I have taken second opinion from arya honda,and he has asked me to add 35 K for the starter.
Old 1st April 2009, 09:59   #175
Senior - BHPian

What did you do to it?!? Crash it into a tree?
Old 1st April 2009, 10:20   #176
BHPian

Quote:
So its actually a steal for 22L.
See, it works like this. First they allow you to "steal", making you a "thief".

And then they will "steal" from you, as has been mentioned on this forum elsewhere, with proof.

I guess Skoda Auto India is into building the brotherhood of the thieves? Who wants to figure a full form for T DI?
Old 1st April 2009, 10:25   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post

A lemon of a Superb will cost you that much in four days, although, that shouldn't happen. Then again, the argument here about Skoda isn't bad cars per se, but horrible after sale service. What use is a warranty if all they'll do is replace parts with duplicates and keep the car for a year or two and then sue you for talking about it?

'gratz on your purchase
Hmm, Any lemon in that class would cost that much and more in 4 days.

Probably it is indicated that a chances of ending up with a lemon on a Superb are significantly higher and the after sales as well as Skoda attitude would make it dangerous if you land up with one.

On the VFM aspect I would still support Superb over Accord, you could add a 3-4 lacs on additional cost over accord in terms of expensive maintenance etc., still it would be more car per lac.
Old 1st April 2009, 12:32   #178
Senior - BHPian

congratulations Kedar. its a pretty good move. the superb is really well positioned this time around. its a pity that Skoda arent taking customer service and satisfaction more seriously. or it would have been a force to reckon with. anyways, waiting with bated breath for the 10th. please open your own thread. and i bet the skoda bashing will not continue there. however bad skoda is, as a company, they've dished out a good product. so enjoy your purchase, and keep youre fingers crossed that the ownership experience in your skoda is not half as bad as the people who got burnt (highly unlikely if you maintain the car well)
congrats again!
Old 1st April 2009, 12:48   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Well no offence here,T-bhp stands for honesty,support(free of cost),brotherhood and moreover like a google search engine,where any layman like me can have info about the latest cars and its features
-----------------------------
So is it teh japanese maintanace which you guys are comparing to the czech manufacturer??
what is the point of having all that in your skoda? It will not be there after the first service or most of it will be replaced with "original fakes"
Old 1st April 2009, 15:38   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_blore View Post
what is the point of having all that in your skoda? It will not be there after the first service or most of it will be replaced with "original fakes"
Well i dont think it happens only with skoda,it may even happen with honda or any other ***.and I will make sure this doesnt happen with my car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks