Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2009, 18:31   #46
BHPian

Where in Indian roads on everyday driving conditions in city will you be able to use V6 Full throtle.

BMW and Mercs are luxury segement but I am sorry, I don't think these are in same segement as V6 Honda.

So my two cents I would stick with Honda Accord 4-cylinder if I have a choice to buy one.
Regards
Old 17th March 2009, 10:39   #47
BHPian

Great Review

Great Review Vivek.... Please accept my appreciation for the same. That was well written and covered almost everything in a neat little capsule. Even the pictures were well taken.

There must be something wrong with the Honda Strategy. Not just on this V6 but overall. While we all agree that Currency market has had wild fluctuations and it has to have an impact on the production costs, a Global company of the stature of Honda should have (And I guess it does) plans which take into account such fluctuations and plan for months ahead instead of irrationally pricing new launches and increasing prices in a knee-jerk reaction. They learnt the lesson on Civic Hybrid a tad too late. While they got the City spot on, the other offerings are slowly creeping away from the reach of any normal car aspirant. We hear of Honda’s troubles world-wide and the fact that they have shown knee-jerk reactions in the past too (take for example the pulling off from Formula1 Team), but the last thing we expect from Honda is to have a tunnel vision of the future.

We agree that the world markets are tough and buyers are scarce, but why make them scarcer by pricing the products higher and in turn making it more difficult for your own organization. If we do not buy the products in the numbers they anticipate, because they are obscenely priced, how will Honda sustain in the long run? By selling each car at 50 lakhs?

CRV is going to lose the sheen with the proposed 3.6 lakh price hike. Not that it was already not handing over the mantle to Captiva and Outlander if the reviewers are to be believed. With a surefire success like Accord, why mess with the pricing and shoo off the potential buyers? Or will you learn when the monthly sales numbers drop to low 3 digits (or 2 digits in case of V6)?

Let’s face it. All of us agree that at this price Accord should have had more features than it has. HID lamps, Sunroof, Seat warmers, GPS etc. are standard for a car of this price anywhere in the world. More so if the car aspires to compete with BMW 3 Series, Audi A4 and Merc C Class (Though Honda claims rightly based on size that this car belongs to E Class). Wake up Honda before Toyota gets it right in the only market it has conceded the lead to you. And once it does, being the largest Carmaker in the world, dear Honda, we would hate to see you fade into the lower spots of rankings in this market. Or are you moving to the spot occupied by Suzuki? The small car maker whose breadwinning models are the ones of the size of City and smaller?

Honda You got a lot to answer to your fans and critics alike.

Post EDITED since it contained various [FONT], [COLOR] and [SIZE] tags.
Posting with such text formatting should be avoided on Team-BHP as it is inconvenient for members to read post.
Kindly go through Announcements section before proceeding.

Thanking You for your anticipated co-operation

The Team-BHP Support

Last edited by Jaggu : 17th March 2009 at 11:07. Reason: font tags
Old 17th March 2009, 13:01   #48
BHPian

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper english in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd March 2009 at 10:08.
rm_arjuna is offline   Received Infraction
Old 21st March 2009, 13:19   #49
BHPian

very nicely written review sir.very proffesional approach.and nice pics too.
completely enriching.
seeing at the review it shows that why honda cant enter in the league of audi and bmw in terms of driving dynamics.earlier the v6 according to me had too hard a suspension and as you say this one is too soft..it wont give you that planted feeling on high speed.and no h.i.ds,thats really bad,even cars half its price are now coming with them.
Old 22nd March 2009, 10:19   #50
BHPian

Excellent review Vivek. Continue your good work.
Old 27th March 2009, 05:05   #51
Senior - BHPian

It was really nice to read the review and it could use a couple of more pictures.

Ever since the new Accord was launched I was disappointed because even after paying so much money it lacked the basic things as mentioned (xenons, sunroofs, a decent ICE/Display) I really wanted to say a lot here but just that Honda had the Odacity to demand a 8 lakh premium for that much more horses and a inch larger alloys makes me rather not speak at all.

Spend that amount on the I-4 and see what she does to the V6. And if people buying cars worth that kind of money just to sit in the back? The new Superb dessimates the Accord. Bragging rights? Oh come on
Old 29th March 2009, 18:12   #52
BHPian

Superb may be a good product but looking at the 'Skoda experiences' of many a team-bhpians, I think Honda is the way to go.
Old 30th March 2009, 00:05   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekji05 View Post
Superb may be a good product but looking at the 'Skoda experiences' of many a team-bhpians, I think Honda is the way to go.
Everyone didnt have the same experience, I know quite a few people who owned honda's and got owned . So lets not even get there, asking that kind of premium hell they're milking you even before you drive your car. Skoda is incredble VFM, the parts are horridly expensive and the dealers and thives. I would rather buy and Skoda and pray that I dont have issues rather then buy an overpriced Jap car.
Old 30th March 2009, 01:12   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Everyone didnt have the same experience, I know quite a few people who owned honda's and got owned . So lets not even get there, asking that kind of premium hell they're milking you even before you drive your car. Skoda is incredble VFM, the parts are horridly expensive and the dealers and thives. I would rather buy and Skoda and pray that I dont have issues rather then buy an overpriced Jap car.
Maybe they got owned, but did they get it royally messed up ? can't we take it in another sense like the premium is for your peace of mind. And whats the point in spending 8 to 25 lakhs and praying that nothing goes wrong with it,instead we can go out and blindly buy a overpriced suzuki,honda,mitsu or Toyota and make sure that they don't rip you off.
Old 30th March 2009, 09:08   #55
Senior - BHPian

The pure numbers are against you quickdraw. If we take T-BHP as a pool of buyers, far less Jap car owners have gotten "owned" than Skoda owners. Lets take "owned" as, got a lemon/have been sued/let down on the road.

If we take my circle of contacts, none have gotten owned by a Jap car, two have gotten owned by a Hyundai and none have gotten owned by a Skoda. However, every single one of the Skoda dudes have gotten hideously ripped off, are extremely angry about their A.S.S and wouldn't buy Skoda again even if they were given them for free.

The jap dudes don't love the A.S.S, but don't hate them either. They like the cheap maintainance and okay priced parts. The Hyundai dudes were owned by the A.S.S when one of them got sold an accidental car and the other got ripped off during accidental repair. But they will buy Hyundai again because their stories are the exception rather than the norm. Skoda? Ha!
Old 31st March 2009, 08:16   #56
BHPian

Well said Immortalz.

@quickdraw

It is not just a vague generalization but is based on genuine reports from various users.
Old 31st March 2009, 15:47   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
"apne pair pe kulhadi maar li " .
This time these people have actually done something that can be called "Pair kulhadi pe de mara"

This would have made a lot of sense had the price difference been kept to about 2.5L, just like the previous V6. It is way too pricey and considering the fact that everything else remains the same, am not sure how it is going to handle those extra BHPs.
Old 31st March 2009, 17:00   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Allow me to put in a slight correction. This model of the Accord is specifically made for the United States - its largest market in the world (annual sales 5,00,000+ Accords) - where the cruising speeds are anywhere between 55 - 90 mph. STRICTLY enforced by state troopers. The I-4 Accord is also capable of comfortably cruising at 55 - 90 mph.
Yes. You are right, but 90mph is over the top. I haven't come across any myself (but I am sure there are). Most of the freeways have speed limit of either 65 mph or 75 mph. Allowing 7mph variation, you would rarely exceed 82 mph.
Old 31st March 2009, 17:57   #59
Senior - BHPian

I thought of comparing Accord v6 with Skoda Superb and VW Passat. What are 0-100 figures for new Accord V6?

Though Passat has diesel producing half the power of v6, it accelerates really well. (0-100 in 9.8s).

Skoda Superb is using 1.8L FSI engine, which does better than Passat, doing 0-100 in 8.5 seconds.

I looked at old v6 AT (220 bhp) figures and it mentions 0-100kmph at 9.64s.

It will be interesting to know these figures, since both Passat and Superb would handle much better than what we hear of softly sprung V6. So, though Honda has raised bar with power output, how much of it can really be put to use?
Old 31st March 2009, 18:16   #60
GTO
Team-BHP Support

RX, many freeways have speedlimits of 80 MPH. Thus.....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks