Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2009, 19:25   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky5669 View Post
Congrats tarun for your new ride swift vdi !! I think the tyre shop is giving you a good deal ,i too also have swift vdi and i change the engine oil every 5000kms . I have driven 15000kms till date have no issues with it but my brake pads got worn out and had to get them replaced apart from this i am very much happy with my car ,and also get the moulded mud flaps painted body coloured , 0nce again congrats to you enjoy your ride and drive safely ,
Thanks Vicky for your wishes. Do we get white Mud flaps too? Could you tell me what do you mean by moulded flaps?

Thanks once again
Old 15th March 2009, 20:24   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarunmadhok View Post
Thanks Vicky for your wishes. Do we get white Mud flaps too? Could you tell me what do you mean by moulded flaps?

Thanks once again
No you don't get it readily ,you will have to buy the mud flaps from the dealer it costs Rs.250 for set of 4 and its MGA and another 500rs for the painting charges ,you can have look at my ride@show your alloys thread i have posted the pictures there!
Old 16th March 2009, 13:23   #33
BHPian

really nice pictures. Gotta love the new smell too
Old 16th March 2009, 14:26   #34
Senior - BHPian

nice pics tarun, better change your stock tyres to new one right now and alloys if budget doesnt permit you, that can be done later on.Ride safe and keep updating.
Old 2nd May 2009, 20:06   #35
BHPian

Today i got my Swift VDI's 1st service done, they changed oil and washed the car. I was told by the person who was attending me that i should not use Speed or Extra premium and I should use normal Diesel. He said that if i use Speed or Extra premium Diesel then it would damage the engine and engine knocking problem will come. Is that true??? Should i use normal Diesel and stop using these these refined ones?

Please send in your inputs on this topic.
Old 2nd May 2009, 20:22   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Today i got my Swift VDI's 1st service done, they changed oil and washed the car. I was told by the person who was attending me that i should not use Speed or Extra premium and I should use normal Diesel. He said that if i use Speed or Extra premium Diesel then it would damage the engine and engine knocking problem will come. Is that true??? Should i use normal Diesel and stop using these these refined ones?

Please send in your inputs on this topic.
It is very much true that all diesel car manafacturers themselves propoganda that you should always use normal diesel and not use the fancy counterpart.

Since the fancy diesels contain some additives that is supposed to give you better mileage is resulting in engine knocking and other problems as well.

So better stay away from them and "Always" use normal diesel
Old 3rd May 2009, 10:26   #37
BHPian

If that is true then it is real bad, we are paying extra for these fancy Speed or Extra premium and in the end that is damaging our engines.

My Swift Vdi has done 580km, and from start i have been using these Speed or Extra premium, can anyone tell how much damage it would have done to the engine? will switching to normal Diesel work?
Old 3rd May 2009, 15:11   #38
BHPian

Quote:
If that is true then it is real bad, we are paying extra for these fancy Speed or Extra premium and in the end that is damaging our engines.

My Swift Vdi has done 580km, and from start i have been using these Speed or Extra premium, can anyone tell how much damage it would have done to the engine? will switching to normal Diesel work?
tarun 580kms is not much. just relax! switch to normal diesel and drive away to glory. no harm done!
Old 4th May 2009, 14:20   #39
Senior - BHPian

tarun, any updates on her new shoes and alloys??
Old 5th May 2009, 23:45   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
tarun, any updates on her new shoes and alloys??
Not yet, Right now I am short of money. Will add they some other time.
Old 5th May 2009, 23:50   #41
BHPian

Really guys, I dont think using premium diesel has any problem to it unless the manufacturer specifically asks for only regular diesel, which maruti doesn't. Worry not!

Most Viewed