Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2009, 17:03   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by worrisomebear View Post
so wat should be tyre presssure for 195 60 R15 michellins?

Conggratz Zahir.. U changed rear lights too?

also, any idea about those addiitonal rpm meters set of 3 we normally put?
No dude, the back lights are stock, waste of money... you mean the autoguage meters? Visit n1racing.com
Old 14th May 2009, 17:25   #92
BHPian

BTW, I just want to thank everyone here at tbhp esp white_vdi, karankapoor, jaggu(for all the tyre advice). Your advice has really helped me get my car closer to what I want it to be. Theres a lot left to add to it and I'm sure you guys will not run out of expertise then either...
Old 14th May 2009, 17:44   #93
Senior - BHPian

we are hare to help each other zahir.
Old 14th May 2009, 18:43   #94
BHPian

Reading the thread i also share the same bubbles on the bottom of my car. Also i too feel the peepyness is gone and i am near 1K mark getting ready for the first service. I too am getting FE of around 13/14 before the first service.
Old 14th May 2009, 20:06   #95
BHPian

Switch didnt you just get your car? Its odd that you feel your engines not peppy. Or maybe you're expecting too much It's also on the driving style, my friend keep complaining that his cars not peppy and mine is but when i drive his car, I find it just as quick. He is more aggressive in his driving style so he pushes harder which makes it feel like the cars not that fast... To enjoy the pep, drive between 2 and 3k rpm. Else it feels like a cart... The bubbles are just anti rust coating, guess I was just looking for a reason to yell at mass ... haha
Old 14th May 2009, 20:28   #96
BHPian

hey zahir congrats man! nice wheels and pics. her outer shell is now complete, time to look under the hood.
Old 14th May 2009, 21:05   #97
BHPian

Thanks man, yeah I have a few upgrades in mind mainly on the brakes. Don't want an ECU addon.

I finally saw your car btw, nice! Did you ever get those angel eyes?
Old 14th May 2009, 21:19   #98
BHPian

viper says he should be able to dispatch the package by this weekend. keeping my fingers crossed!
Old 14th May 2009, 21:48   #99
BHPian

Nice... im guessing you sourced the hids...
Old 14th May 2009, 21:57   #100
Senior - BHPian

hey Zahir

care looks really good with the new rims.

drive safe
rev
Old 11th August 2009, 06:34   #101
BHPian

Ok long time no talk guys, to get you to speed, I'm now clocking 9400kms which means I'll be getting my 3rd service done anytime next week. A few things

1. Engine is mint
2. The suspensions grown own, I think I owe it to fast driving and rough roads. I'm very careful on bad roads but on places like marine drive, when you're in a hurry to get home, you cant help driving fast. The suspensions very bouncy and if I take it over speed breakers(which I'm very careful about) I can literally hear springs moving, a waterish noise almost. Anyone else have a bouncy suspension problem? How do I resolve this?
3. What should be on my checklist for this service and what should I expect to pay?

As always, thanks a lot guys
Old 11th August 2009, 09:01   #102
BHPian

zahir,

the swifts suspension is a bit bouncy and choppy..
all the potholes ifiltrate into the cabin.I dont think there is much of a solution for that.
but if there is a a springy noise that you are referring to you might have to get the bushings changed.
Old 11th August 2009, 09:23   #103
BHPian

Hey dude, I know what you're saying about the choppy suspension but I've compared the bouncy feel to about 2 other ddis swifts and mines very shaky on rough roads. Though the engine happily does a good 160, post 120 I'm begining to loose faith because of the suspension.

Ill definitely get them to look at the bush. Any other suspects?
Old 11th August 2009, 13:52   #104
Senior - BHPian

I have a choppy and bouncy ride too, i guess its normal. Also the feeling of losin faith after 120 is also something i can relate too.

Its most probably a balancing issue, The steering tends to seem too lose and moves a bit left and right like its disconnected.

Get the wheels balanced from a reputed place. Alloy wheels balancing on single side is something which many balancing guys are not known too. They place the balancing stickers on the inner side and neglect the outside balancing weights and say all ok.

Where in they are supposed to select that mode on the balancing machine which calculates the weight on the right and left and then selects the appropriate location only on the inner side for the weights to be added.

A simple test to test this is perfect or no, is to balance the weights with the settings on the inner side weight addition mode only and then ask them to put it on both sides and then rotate it again.

If it shows OK on both the modes then its perfect.

I have a who used to balance my 800's tyres, Zens Tyres and now the Swift Tyres.

He Added weights on the inside and outside both side of the rims even though mine are alloys, but i was fine with it as only 15 to 20 grams went on the outside and are not too visible and car is rock steady till 160.

Last edited by humyum : 11th August 2009 at 14:05.
Old 12th August 2009, 11:40   #105
Senior - BHPian

Zahir-the car looks nice.I bought a ddis in june and well the car has done around 3k now.The car runs like a dream now,though havn't done any modifications on it.Liked your ownership review.No noise till now.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed