Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2009, 18:04   #31
Senior - BHPian

Congrats karthik.The Silver beauty sure shines.Im sure you will enjoy the Fiat experiance.
Old 16th March 2009, 18:06   #32
xPK
BHPian

Heartiest congratulations buddy!!!

Do post your initial ownership report. Especially about performance and FE.

Enjoy the ride and drive safe!
Cheers!
Old 16th March 2009, 18:35   #33
BHPian

Good buy..
My dream for the past 2 yrs is to get a E Pack Linea MJD that too in Silver.You have done it.Where did you get it from..Vst?anna nagar or Concorde Ambattur as i see that your car is regd in Thirumangalam(TN 02).

Congrats again

Vignesh
1.2 SIENA ELX
Old 16th March 2009, 18:51   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshram View Post
Good buy..
My dream for the past 2 yrs is to get a E Pack Linea MJD that too in Silver.You have done it.Where did you get it from..Vst?anna nagar or Concorde Ambattur as i see that your car is regd in Thirumangalam(TN 02).

Congrats again

Vignesh
1.2 SIENA ELX

Got it from VST AnnaNagar,Chennai.
But you try in Concorde.Heard they are straight dealers of TATA/Fiat.
So they have high priority in allocating cars than rest.
Old 16th March 2009, 19:08   #35
BHPian

Hey Karthik, Congratulations on your car, we just bought a Diesel logan last year and now I wish we'd waited for the linea!. Drive safe..
Old 16th March 2009, 19:27   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FERRO View Post
good thought I agree 100%, I suggest you to go for Camera system parking device, I seen that working, it had Day/Night Camera(got LEDs which lights up if its dark) which they fix in bumper and you have the LCD screen which also doubles up as rear view mirror when not in use. + its cheap total cost something like 5K. it works much better then parking sensors as you clearly can see the rear.
Can you provide the detail for the same, Please?
Old 16th March 2009, 22:20   #37
SSN
BHPian

Congrats Karthik. Welcome to the Linea Owners club . Good to know about the freebies. Enjoy your ride.
Old 17th March 2009, 10:22   #38
BHPian

Got delivery of my minimal grey LINEA MJD Emotion pack yesterday. Have clocked about 120 kms in a day. Quite satisfied with the performance and the refinement FIAT has managed to incorporate in the vehicle.
Above 3000 rpm the thing is a rocket, did not find the motor under powered in any way. Will post pics and a complete review in a couple of days.
Old 17th March 2009, 11:35   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Luky!.

Do open a new thread with the pics and the initial ownership details.

Many more happy miles on your Linea
Old 17th March 2009, 17:46   #40
Senior - BHPian

List of problems.
1.Steering Wheel
I heard some strange sound from Steering Wheel area while travelling on rough roads.I checked and Sound came only if i made the steering tilt fully downward.

2.Clutch
Clutch is very light.But the ply is very long.I used to operate using my toe and heel .By pressing the toe itself i can manage clutch.But in Linea i need to press the clutch by toe and need to move my legs to fully engaged.the same thing happened while releasing too.It's a pain in traffic conditions.
I never experienced this in any other cars.I don't it's a problem in my car or every Linea has this very long ply.

some noise came from front door and below the steering wheel.The Plastic Panel given to close the Fuse box below the steering wheel is pathetic and easily fall down.The Panel gap there is also very big.

I called Linea Helpline and placed a ticket there.They promised to come to my place and rectify it.

Still no Mudflaps.without this IMO the car is not completed in appearance.
Old 17th March 2009, 18:37   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
List of problems.
1.Steering Wheel
I heard some strange sound from Steering Wheel area while travelling on rough roads.I checked and Sound came only if i made the steering tilt fully downward.

2.Clutch
Clutch is very light.But the ply is very long.I used to operate using my toe and heel .By pressing the toe itself i can manage clutch.But in Linea i need to press the clutch by toe and need to move my legs to fully engaged.the same thing happened while releasing too.It's a pain in traffic conditions.
I never experienced this in any other cars.I don't it's a problem in my car or every Linea has this very long ply.

some noise came from front door and below the steering wheel.The Plastic Panel given to close the Fuse box below the steering wheel is pathetic and easily fall down.The Panel gap there is also very big.

I called Linea Helpline and placed a ticket there.They promised to come to my place and rectify it.

Still no Mudflaps.without this IMO the car is not completed in appearance.
Yup welcome to the FIAT LINEA guinea pigclub. Just reading through the ownership report of fiat Linea, there is more of people putting forward problems/concerns etc. I wish Fiat gets their act together quickly.
Old 17th March 2009, 19:25   #42
Senior - BHPian

Excellent Responsible Deputy Manager of VST Motors,Chennai

This is the mail i have posted to Fiat from Feedback page on Fiat India site.

I took delivery of Linea MJD Emotion Pack from VST Motors on 14 March 2009 after making the full payment which was supposed to have been delivered on 16th feb 2009. The car was said to be PDA checked on 11th March 2009. On 11th evening we had gone there and and filled up few forms with my name and other details. On that day, there were problems with the fuel tank lid and gear stick which the deputy manager, Ashok (VST Motors, Annanagar Branch) corrected within 10minutes. I was not satisfied as I felt it is temporary solutions but then got convinced it was fixed.
On the date of delivery, when I checked the invoice, insurance papers my name was spelled incorrectly. I spoke with the deputy manager, Ashok (VST Motors, Annanagar Branch) and he promised to send me the corrected invoice and insurance papers on Monday(16th March 2009). Till 17th March 2009, I didnt receive the updated papers and the Deputy Manager, Ashok was not even responding to the calls and SMS which I was sending throughout the day. By end of the day(7pm) finally he picked the call and spoke very rudely stating, for a correction of name, it will take more days as they had to send mails for updation of CRM and all those stories and when I was asking him the details, he asked me to contact the GM and just cut the call. The rudest behaviour I have ever seen with a sales manager when the mistake is in their part. I was just wondering with such people around how VST motors is able to promote their sales for Fiat as well as for Tata. I had also placed an order for body cover, which they were supposed to get back to me on monday when that has reached their office. After calling them atleast 10 times, got to know its reached their office on sunday itself.
I am just wondering in what name the registration of my car would have taken place.
Had some issue with Blue&me and strange noise from Front Door and Steering Column.Already registered a complaint in Linea Helpline. Complaint No : 88302797.
Car Chassis No : MCA11071709003003BQZ
Car Regd No : TN02 AH 5640
Old 17th March 2009, 19:33   #43
Senior - BHPian

Karthik, mail the above details to: service@fiapl.com
Reg the clutch, in all Fiat cars, you have to fully depress the clutch pedal to engage it.
Old 17th March 2009, 19:37   #44
BHPian

hi

Hi aks_karthik

By any chance u work in DLF IT Park, Ramapuram.
Old 17th March 2009, 23:28   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfikar View Post
Hi aks_karthik

By any chance u work in DLF IT Park, Ramapuram.

By every chance i work there only
have you seen my car there ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks