Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2009, 14:19   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash View Post
I am using the 1st lot Linea MJD. Can you throw some more light on the anti roll bar replacement thing. I mean did you have problem/noise and then went to the service center or just had a visit and they told you about this probelm by themselves? I called up Fiat and spoke to a person handling service department. He told me if your car is making noise from the front suspensions than only would they be replaced. He didnt specify about the anti roll bars and I also forgot to ask him about that. Can you please let me know that are these 2 problems related or different.
Also i have some very minor noise coming out of the dash board and its audible only in the night drive and while the outside noise is to its minimum. And when i pull my car past 3000 rpm there is a very prominent noise (i guess again from the dash board). So do you face any such problem?
yes Service Advisor is right.
If you heard any strange noise comes from front wheel while turning,then you have to change the Front Roll Bars .
Old 24th March 2009, 21:56   #62
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys,
To the hell,The same problem in Shocks surfaced again today though i changed the anti roll bars last saturday.
Having severe vibration in steering wheel and feels like running on a grease surface.
every time it falls on pothole/speed breaker ends with a thud sound from front wheel.
VST Service guy came today ,after checking the car and told me,it has some issue.he needs a day for doing all corrective actions.
probably they will provide a loaner car and take my car to their workshop.
I don't know what those people was doing with my car last saturday.
I spent there in service station for more than 7 hrs with my wife.
God it's total waste of my time.
I don't know what to do next.
I am very upset.
I don't know whom to blame either the Fiat Linea or VST.

Guys i need your valuable suggestion how to overcome this.

Thanx in advance
Old 24th March 2009, 22:04   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Hi Guys,
To the hell,The same problem in Shocks surfaced again today though i changed the anti roll bars last saturday.
Having severe vibration in steering wheel and feels like running on a grease surface.
every time it falls on pothole/speed breaker ends with a thud sound from front wheel.
VST Service guy came today ,after checking the car and told me,it has some issue.he needs a day for doing all corrective actions.
probably they will provide a loaner car and take my car to their workshop.
I don't know what those people was doing with my car last saturday.
I spent there in service station for more than 7 hrs with my wife.
God it's total waste of my time.
I don't know what to do next.
I am very upset.
I don't know whom to blame either the Fiat Linea or VST.

Guys i need your valuable suggestion how to overcome this.

Thanx in advance
Talk to Mr.Mangesh Kodalkar. You can mail him at service@fiapl.com or mangesh.kodalkar@fiapl.com. I'm sure he would be of good help.

Could you explain a little more about the problem. What is it about the shocks?
Old 24th March 2009, 22:19   #64
Senior - BHPian

Thanx
I already spoke to works manager,VST Chennai.
He promised that he will do necessary things to fix the problem.
let's wait and if he fails in his promise,i will escalate to fiat.

the problem might be because of Anti roll bars.
already i changed it last saturday.
till yesterday,the car was very smooth and noise free.
But today morning itself.the car is like a boat.wobbling and thud sound from front wheel when i hits potholes or speed breakers.
we can easily feel it in steering wheel.it like riding a bike whenever we pass a rough surface you can notice in steering wheel itself.severe vibration in steering wheel.
NVH also increased considerably.
My wife also felt it very clearly though she was sitting in rear seat while we had a TD with VST Service guy.
He also admitted the problem.
Old 24th March 2009, 22:31   #65
Senior - BHPian

@aks-Karthik: that's sounds bad. give them another day else escalate to FIAT. Hope you get over it soon.
Old 25th March 2009, 11:31   #66
Senior - BHPian

These are the issues surfacing again :(

1. Noise from Steering Wheel while driving in rough roads and applying turn indicators.
2. Creaking Noise from driver’s doors and rear left door.
3. Strange noise from Front right side Shock absorbers. Though I changed the Anti roll bars on last Saturday 21 March 2009.
4. Brakes to be checked. Whenever brake is applied at forward or reverse motion, a screeching noise is coming
5. Headlight Focusing adjustment.
6. Fuel lid to be checked. As it had some problem on delivery day.
7. Steering Vibration at idle.
8. Media player (Blue & Me) is not recognizing the USB stick (Error: No media Found).

Last edited by aks_karthik : 25th March 2009 at 11:32.
Old 25th March 2009, 12:00   #67
BHPian

One peice of advice my friend, GET IN TOUCH WITH FIAT India(not your service enter). These sre rather SERIOUS issues in a new car.

Quote:

1. Noise from Steering Wheel while driving in rough roads and applying turn indicators.
3. Strange noise from Front right side Shock absorbers. Though I changed the Anti roll bars on last Saturday 21 March 2009.
4. Brakes to be checked. Whenever brake is applied at forward or reverse motion, a screeching noise is coming
8. Media player (Blue & Me) is not recognizing the USB stick (Error: No media Found).
Old 25th March 2009, 12:36   #68
BHPian

Re USB Problem

Quote:

Regarding your last problem with the USB stick. Slot it and switch on the audio system on some radio station. Than using the controls on the steering go to the media player section (can be done through voice command also stating as media player after pressing the windows button) and select play anything.
And sorry if you have tried this before. I thought this could be a way out.
Old 26th March 2009, 09:51   #69
Senior - BHPian

Thanx prash,

I have been doing the same way if the USB in not reading
(i.e) Autoplay should be OFF
But everytime doing this way is little bit cumbersome.
I need some solid solution.
that's why i added it in issue list.

Today my car has gone to service station again.
Morning VST Driver came to my place and picked my car and left his AGM's car as Loaner car.
I spoke to TATA CSM,VST AGM Service and works manager.
All of them have given me promise that the car won't give any problem again.
once and all they will fix everything i stated in issue list.
TATA CSM himself visit VST motors today and do the needful.
let's wait.
I was very much happy once the car was replaced with Anti roll bars on saturday.
after that day,the car was running like a gem.
No sounds at all inside the cabin.No vibrations and creaking noises.
I was very satisfied on buying linea.But from tuesday the issues came off again.

Keep my finger crossed till my car get back to me.
Old 26th March 2009, 09:59   #70
Senior - BHPian

Lets hope they are able to identify the problem and solve it. From what i have heard FIAT has a Fast Flying Team (FFT) specifically to take care of Linea problems. But the dealers might not want FIAT to know that they are unable to solve things at their end. Thats why i suggested to talk to mr.mangesh. He is very helpull. Good you waited this long to ive them another chance. But dont wait further. If its not solved at this visit. Please talk to someone at FIAT. I'm sure they will take care of your probems. FIAT is really aggressive with the Linea atleast.
Old 26th March 2009, 11:14   #71
BHPian

Hello Karthik,

Sorry to hear about all the issues faced by you in the Linea. Must be pretty frustrating after buying a car and waiting so many days for it.

I have spoken to Mangesh Kodalkar, Head Customer Services and your car's problems have been logged at the HO. He's a nice guy and we at Palio User's Group are in regular touch with him.

If you need PM me and will give you his phone number. Gemi has already given you his email.
Old 26th March 2009, 13:32   #72
Senior - BHPian

yes Palio_2005,

The car is now in VST Motors and testing is done by Mr.Siddha CSM,Tata-Fiat Motors.
He has faced some issues and remaining issues he was not able to replicate.heard VST has done some job before siddha came.
so probably he couldn't get the issues again
He may come to my Office and have a TD in my routine roads and issue creeps,then i'll ask them to fix it otherwise it will be good.
Old 26th March 2009, 15:10   #73
BHPian

Karthik, sad that you had to face these issues with a brand new car and even worse for FIAT as its their flagship model now. But at the end of the day if the dealer/service network has responded promptly to rectify and resolve the issue its a positive sign and sooner or later the job will be done. Even new honda's have problems sometimes but the dealer network is well equipped to handle them.

Lets see if FIAT can produce a winner (in terms of service) at the end of the day. Best of luck.

Last edited by luky_13 : 26th March 2009 at 15:12.
Old 27th March 2009, 09:28   #74
Senior - BHPian

To my surprise ,Everything was solved except Steering noise.
Now the car is silky smooth and feels fiat workmanship
All the service members from VST and TATA CSM were done good job.
They came with my car and brand new another Linea MJD Emotion Pack car for cross verification.
I have done TD in both cars.
As per the CSM,some of the issues are Normal.

Turn indicator tick sound is normal in all Fiat Linea vehicles.
still Steering Wheel noise is present.
No noise at the moment.
Torque is adjusted. No noise at the moment.
This is normal in ABS provided Fiat vehicles.
Headlight is ok after comparing with another TD car.
Forgot to checked.it's working properly now.
No such vibration at present moment. Almost Normal
Siddhu CSM will be coming back with details after getting information from Fiat India.
Old 27th March 2009, 10:02   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
To my surprise ,Everything was solved except Steering noise.
Now the car is silky smooth and feels fiat workmanship
All the service members from VST and TATA CSM were done good job.
They came with my car and brand new another Linea MJD Emotion Pack car for cross verification.
I have done TD in both cars.
As per the CSM,some of the issues are Normal.

Turn indicator tick sound is normal in all Fiat Linea vehicles.
No noise at the moment.
Torque is adjusted. No noise at the moment.
This is normal in ABS provided Fiat vehicles.
Headlight is ok after comparing with another TD car.
Forgot to checked.it's working properly now.
No such vibration at present moment. Almost Normal
Siddhu CSM will be coming back with details after getting information from Fiat India.
Now thats the kind of proactiveness we expect from FIAT. And if they can do such things consistently i'm sure they would make a turn around in no time giving lots of manufacturer a run for their money. WHich manufacturer would bring you a test drive car for verification.
Kuddos to FIAT. You've won some good points on this.

What exactly is this noise. Are you talking about noise of plastic scraping when you turn the steering. We had this on our fusion and Uno when new. It just went away on its own after some use.

Whenever brake is applied at forward or reverse motion, a screeching noise is coming
Not sure whether all ABS vehicles have this. Normally it should not give any such sound. Atlest not at slow speeds while reversing. Is it like something scraping metal. Just ask them to blow some air after removing the whels. It could just be some small stone stuck somewhere. It might get solved.

Can other linea owners confirm about any screeching noise while braking?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks