Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2009, 12:41   #16
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Archish on the Siena.

As already mentioned, the vibration will be taken care of with wheel alignment and balancing.

With regards to AC, if the cooling is less, then you need to check the gas in the system. But even on putting at Speed 4, you are not getting a strong blow of air, then you need to get your cooling cool checked. It might be blocked with dust.

Enjoy your ride and do post pics and other details.
Old 19th March 2009, 10:42   #17
BHPian

Congrats Archish. Please upload the pics of your Siena's interiors, exteriors etc. Any extras you got with your car? What abt ICE?
Old 19th March 2009, 11:13   #18
BHPian

Congrats Archish - 7 yrs old, so wondering if this was the old shape Siena? Its been 2 days and pics are due...
Old 19th March 2009, 19:39   #19
BHPian

Sorry guys...

Just that i have been running around to get this car in shape that i have had no time to click pics. I promise to post in few days. Sorry again.

The last time i posted here i told that there were some issues that i had to rectify. I have done those,

1. Got the A/c duct cleaned and filled up with gas. So, the A/c is really good and even on a hot chennai afternoon i only need to pu the Ac on speed 2.

2. The vibrations that i had above 90 has been rectified. Had the wheel balanced and drove it till 100 and i ran out of road. I had no problem till 100 and i hope i wont be having more.

Now, the things that i have done.

1. Put in 4 new tyres. Michelin XMI tyre Rs.3200 x 4 = 12800

2. He had used alloy wheels which caught my attention. 3 spoke grey mettalic ones. I asked him for a price, he said 8000 for a set of 4. I bargained and got it for Rs.5200.

3. The car had a outdated pionner tape head set. So, threw that out and got a CD MP3 player with USB and SD card reader (China make, dint want to invest more because i m not such a keep listener) for Rs.3000.

I have 3 more things on the to be done list:

1. Seat and steering cover

2. Floor mats

3. Waterwash and polish (Chennai Bhpians, pls suggest a good place)

Now, I m facing new problems.

1. I changed the tyres yesterday and today morning the front left tyre was flat. So, called the Tyre center and he said that i have to bring the tyre there because 5 of his staff are on leave today. So, got a local mech to change the spare tyre and took the car to the centre and he checked and says that there is leak in the tyre as they did not clean the rim properly. Then got it fixed. ( now i feel that the right back tyre is loosing pressure, lets wait till morning)

2. After getting the tyre fixed i had gone out in the car for businness and while i m 2 kms from house the A/c stops to work, the blower is working buy no cooling. And i look at the Temp. gauge and it shoots upto maximum, I reach home and stop the car, the coolant overflows. Then get a local mech to check it up. He says that the radiator fan has stopped working (its seems radiator and Ac share the same fan). He says that fuse is blown, he tries a new fuse and it too blows. he advises me to take to service centre but not to drive as overheating will affect the engine.

I had already got an appointment for the car service at Concorde tommorow morning 9 am. So, i call him and update him the situation and he said that either the fan wiring mayhave blown or something wrong with the fan motor. So, i book a towing vehicle for the car to be towed to the Concorde service center.

Wish me luck guys. I have been running here and there to get this car fixed and its been 3 days since it has arrived and i have done no other business.

Pls tell me a few reassuring encouraging words.
Old 19th March 2009, 21:24   #20
BHPian

I know what it takes to own a old car..You are learning it now.Even my car came to me with a problem in the fan motor.the same thing happened and i changed the whole fan assy at Manipal.Then the vibration problem,i got new alloys,tyres,alignment and engine decarbonising done.car is awesome from then.but you have to all the scheduled services without delay,i mean even the key parts like suspension,belts etc.Congrats on your new tyres and wheels.Are those wheels that you got,!4"..100 PCD or 98PCD.who was your tyre dealer??Please call me in my number.i will help you out..

Vignesh
1.2 SIENA ELX
Old 19th March 2009, 22:16   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archish View Post
Sorry guys...

Just that i have been running around to get this car in shape that i have had no time to click pics. I promise to post in few days. Sorry again.

The last time i posted here i told that there were some issues that i had to rectify. I have done those,

1. Got the A/c duct cleaned and filled up with gas. So, the A/c is really good and even on a hot chennai afternoon i only need to pu the Ac on speed 2.

2. The vibrations that i had above 90 has been rectified. Had the wheel balanced and drove it till 100 and i ran out of road. I had no problem till 100 and i hope i wont be having more.

Now, the things that i have done.

1. Put in 4 new tyres. Michelin XMI tyre Rs.3200 x 4 = 12800

2. He had used alloy wheels which caught my attention. 3 spoke grey mettalic ones. I asked him for a price, he said 8000 for a set of 4. I bargained and got it for Rs.5200.

3. The car had a outdated pionner tape head set. So, threw that out and got a CD MP3 player with USB and SD card reader (China make, dint want to invest more because i m not such a keep listener) for Rs.3000.

I have 3 more things on the to be done list:

1. Seat and steering cover

2. Floor mats

3. Waterwash and polish (Chennai Bhpians, pls suggest a good place)

Now, I m facing new problems.

1. I changed the tyres yesterday and today morning the front left tyre was flat. So, called the Tyre center and he said that i have to bring the tyre there because 5 of his staff are on leave today. So, got a local mech to change the spare tyre and took the car to the centre and he checked and says that there is leak in the tyre as they did not clean the rim properly. Then got it fixed. ( now i feel that the right back tyre is loosing pressure, lets wait till morning)

2. After getting the tyre fixed i had gone out in the car for businness and while i m 2 kms from house the A/c stops to work, the blower is working buy no cooling. And i look at the Temp. gauge and it shoots upto maximum, I reach home and stop the car, the coolant overflows. Then get a local mech to check it up. He says that the radiator fan has stopped working (its seems radiator and Ac share the same fan). He says that fuse is blown, he tries a new fuse and it too blows. he advises me to take to service centre but not to drive as overheating will affect the engine.

I had already got an appointment for the car service at Concorde tommorow morning 9 am. So, i call him and update him the situation and he said that either the fan wiring mayhave blown or something wrong with the fan motor. So, i book a towing vehicle for the car to be towed to the Concorde service center.

Wish me luck guys. I have been running here and there to get this car fixed and its been 3 days since it has arrived and i have done no other business.

Pls tell me a few reassuring encouraging words.
Sorry to hear that mate! But this isn't the 1st time that a fiat is having such issues. You are lucky that Tata Motors has taken the responsibility of fixing even phased out Fiat cars.
Old 19th March 2009, 22:35   #22
Senior - BHPian

Revhappy, when you buy a 2nd hand car, that too a 7 year old car, when you don't know how the first owner maintained the car, whether he got the car serviced at regular intervals etc etc, such issues are bound to happen.
And you need to be prepared for that.

If you want complete peace of mind, buy a new one.

Also Tata-Fiat service will take care of all Fiat cars, doesn't matter if it is new or phased-out models.

Last edited by finneyp : 19th March 2009 at 22:36.
Old 23rd March 2009, 11:47   #23
BHPian

Hi Guys.

Just returned from a 250 kms trip to Vellore. Will post the review soon. But the drive was mind blowing. Reached 165 Kmph!!!

Here are the pics as promised. Will write review this evening.
Attached Thumbnails
Got a Siena-dsc01734.jpg  

Got a Siena-dsc01735.jpg  

Got a Siena-dsc01736.jpg  

Got a Siena-dsc01738.jpg  

Got a Siena-dsc01739.jpg  

Old 23rd March 2009, 12:20   #24
Senior - BHPian

@ Archish

Is there fogging in your left headlamp unit
Old 23rd March 2009, 13:42   #25
BHPian

Yes there is fogging in the left headlight. Does it mean anything? Any problem with coolant or something?

Because when i visited Concorde motors and was in the service bay to get the radiator fan fixed (very interesting and big story... coming soon), I saw 2 sienas and 3 palio. Of them 3 inlcuding mine were 1.6 and all 3 of them had fogged left headlamps! I asked the service guys there and they said that the coolant tanks is very near to the left headlamp and very time the car runs a bit and the coolant heats, this tends to happen. Is it true or is it one the explainations they throw at you?

Anyways, how does the car look?
Old 23rd March 2009, 14:04   #26
BHPian

Congrats Archish

Congrats Archish, It is looking great.

The deal was very attractive, only thing is fixing some niggling problems.

Take care of her well, as she will protect you back.

Cheers
Old 23rd March 2009, 15:24   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archish View Post
Yes there is fogging in the left headlight. Does it mean anything? Any problem with coolant or something?

Because when i visited Concorde motors and was in the service bay to get the radiator fan fixed (very interesting and big story... coming soon), I saw 2 sienas and 3 palio. Of them 3 inlcuding mine were 1.6 and all 3 of them had fogged left headlamps! I asked the service guys there and they said that the coolant tanks is very near to the left headlamp and very time the car runs a bit and the coolant heats, this tends to happen. Is it true or is it one the explainations they throw at you?

Anyways, how does the car look?
Fogging will happen when the joints are not sealed properly. It generally has nothing to do with the cooling system, but if your cooling system is leaking, fluid might get into your headlamp unit.

If your cooling system is holding water at the same level over 2-3 days then everything is fine.

Cheers
Old 23rd March 2009, 15:43   #28
Senior - BHPian

oh god... its a steal for 1.1 Lakhs! Nice!
Old 23rd March 2009, 15:59   #29
BHPian

Good car, Very good price. Just one thing. maybe a little elbow grease and Scratch out on the slight scratches that you see on the bumpre and above the Rt headlight will take away those small scratches/reduce them and enhance the overall appearance of the car too.
Old 23rd March 2009, 16:36   #30
BHPian

Yes, Thank you. She is good. I do have some work on her left. I have done thr rubbing polish yet. I am yet to contact vignesh ram who offered to help me and also recommended a painter.

I have some work on the interior as well. I have to get seat covers, floor mats and left ORVM.

Today took her out on the highway. Went to vellore on the chennai bangalore highway. She was a dream to say the least. I was constantly on 110 kmph and on clear streches of straight road took her upto 165 kmph. The road grip was really good. Then i had a small race with a Scorpio, he ran out of steam at 150.

I have previously owned Ikon 1.3, NH City Vtech and Qualis, none of these handled like Siena at this speed. First, Ikon never went beyond 115 kmph, NH City i dint feel any hold on road beyond 120. Qualis just flies on the road. But Siena, she just hugged the road and was really great.

FE. I wont be able to point out exact mileage. Had 1/4 tank of petrol and then had filled with 20 L. When i returned home from the 280 kms trip i had the exact 1/4 tank left. So, around 14 Kmpl with Ac all the way.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks