Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2010, 12:21   #136
BHPian

Dear SkyWalker,

WOW, you car looks so good after a year. Unbelievable.

Congratulations for the anniversary of your car. Any plans for outstation trips on this occasion?

And that stats...it's incredible. How do you manage to maintain that, man? Kudos.

One quick observation: for your fill-ups in IOC, Kodihalli or, Shell, Whitefield, the difference between the onboard FE calculator and the actual one (by tankful method) is around 1.4-1.6. Where as, for IBP Kormangala, this figure is > 2. Is it that you get better mileage if you fill in petrol from IOC or Shell? In that case, IBP, Koramangala might not be a good option for you.

A bit off-topic: Is there a way to re-calibrate the onboard FE calculator, since, form our experience, we are seeing that the difference of that to the actual FE is hovering around 1.4 to 1.6 range? I think that, it may be possible, since, it's all electronics nowadays.

-Pratim
Old 23rd March 2010, 14:33   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
Many congratulations, Skywalker.
The stats you provided were awesome. Would definitely help prospective buyers.
thanks Kalyan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratim View Post
Dear SkyWalker,
One quick observation: for your fill-ups in IOC, Kodihalli or, Shell, Whitefield, the difference between the onboard FE calculator and the actual one (by tankful method) is around 1.4-1.6. Where as, for IBP Kormangala, this figure is > 2. Is it that you get better mileage if you fill in petrol from IOC or Shell? In that case, IBP, Koramangala might not be a good option for you.
IOC mileage wasn't so great. It was OK in the beginning where i used to get around 11.x during the run-in. After the run in, i was more trigger happy and mileage went down to 10.x for two occasions. IBP was much better even with a trigger happy me. Shell definitely is the better of the lot, but with the price difference now, i doubt if i would hit Shell again. (I also need to take a ~4KM extra drive to hit Shell).

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratim View Post
A bit off-topic: Is there a way to re-calibrate the onboard FE calculator, since, form our experience, we are seeing that the difference of that to the actual FE is hovering around 1.4 to 1.6 range? I think that, it may be possible, since, it's all electronics nowadays.
-Pratim
I am sure there is. I would leave that to the enthusiasts among us. Please tell the rest of us when you find a way.
Old 23rd March 2010, 14:46   #138
Senior - BHPian

Ron , nice report ! My ANHC will be turning 1 in few weeks. Though i have few scratches here and there, do you suggest i go to Honda for it or outside? No dents just the paint is scrapped off..
Old 23rd March 2010, 15:59   #139
Senior - BHPian

@Karan: If you take them to Honda they might charge you for painting. But if you are friendly with them, they might actually do minor touch ups free. I had one minor dent in the front bumper when a dog chose my car to commit suicide in the highway near Dharmapuri. Cost of the dog was 1500 - Magnum did fantastic job.
Old 23rd March 2010, 22:44   #140
Senior - BHPian

Hi

Wish you many happy returns (atleast 6 more) of the day
now your car is coming out of childhood and becoming a teen
it is time you take it out on exporation of the beautiful world outside bangalore city.
Old 24th March 2010, 09:37   #141
BHPian

Wow, what a report and maintained statics, I am really very very impressed.

Thanks for posting the pics, that's the landmark for all of us followers, My ANHC is just 1 month old and I have returned yesterday only, its so dirty at this time, I just dont wanna see it. I guess when I return home today the washer/cleaner would have done a great job, else tomorrow it will be my 2nd bath with my GF (I call ANHC my new GF).
Old 24th March 2010, 10:51   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Wish you many happy returns (atleast 6 more)
Thanks Star! Since this one's on company lease, i was thinking of picking up a new car when the lease expires in coming 2 years, but lets see how it pans out. I am loving the car so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
now your car is coming out of childhood and becoming a teen it is time you take it out on exporation of the beautiful world outside bangalore city.
Actually its been outside the Bangalore City quite a lot.
May 2009: A round trip to Ooty
Sep 2009: A 2 week, 1400 trip to Kodai,Munnar & other locations in Kerala
Feb 2010 : Round trip to Cicada Resorts Bandipur

Next on the agenda is a trip to Yercaud.

I would have loved to take her for the out of India trips - I am sure she would have loved those great freeways.

My daily run's not that much. For the record, by 2002 Palio is still under 38K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeastFieast View Post
Wow, what a report and maintained statics, I am really very very impressed.
thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeastFieast View Post
Thanks for posting the pics, that's the landmark for all of us followers, My ANHC is just 1 month old and I have returned yesterday only, its so dirty at this time, I just dont wanna see it. I guess when I return home today the washer/cleaner would have done a great job, else tomorrow it will be my 2nd bath with my GF (I call ANHC my new GF).
Dont worry - it should be back to pristine condition in a short time. Just make sure your real GF isnt jealous. My wife's already talking about the ANHC as a competitor

Last edited by SkyWalker : 24th March 2010 at 10:57.
Old 25th March 2010, 07:09   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
Dont worry - it should be back to pristine condition in a short time. Just make sure your real GF isnt jealous. My wife's already talking about the ANHC as a competitor
My wife has already lost all her hopes, initially she thought of to learn car driving and drive this one, but not now.

The washer / cleaner did a fantastic job and the evening out with family was perfect, in the night smoothly cruising at 50KMPH was just so relaxing.

Thanks posts like yours encourage to write about ones own driving experience, and here I go and writing my first highway trip experience.

Most Viewed