Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2010, 23:26   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
Well, 2nd ones at 5K Kms, +3 months and so on.

About synthetic, Honda uses an OEM brand, didn't check which one. TBHP recommends synthetic after 10 K Kms, i moved since the engine has run in well and its getting close to an year.
Honda uses the Synthetic Idemitsu. I did feel a difference in switching to Synthetic oil. I have been to Chennai with the regular mineral oil and the synthetic oil. My observations.....the car revved up a lot better (or maybe i felt it since i knew the engine oil was synthetic) and i got 2 more kms to a liter (same Shell gas station used, same kinda loading, same kinda nitrogen pressure, almost same kinda traffic found). Not very sure whether it came due to the shift to synthetic oil but...
Old 26th February 2010, 08:28   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayyar.rao View Post
the car revved up a lot better (or maybe i felt it since i knew the engine oil was synthetic)
Possible. I haven't really high revved the engine after the service, will check out if its feels different during next highway trip.

Quote:
and i got 2 more kms to a liter (same Shell gas station used, same kinda loading, same kinda nitrogen pressure, almost same kinda traffic found). Not very sure whether it came due to the shift to synthetic oil but...
Woah! +2km/ltr is a big change! Doubt if it could be due to synthetic oil alone. I haven't checked the mileage tankful-to-tankful since i serviced, but the mileage display stays more or less the same pre and post changes.
Old 26th February 2010, 10:26   #123
BHPian

Quote:
) I got 2 more kms to a liter (same Shell gas station used, same kinda loading, same kinda nitrogen pressure, almost same kinda traffic found). Not very sure whether it came due to the shift to synthetic oil but...
That is a huge difference!.How did you fill mineral oil in ANHC?.Unlike IDSI all
iVTEC cars are filled with synthetic oil only.Did the dealer recommend mineral oil?
Old 26th February 2010, 11:38   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mevtec View Post
That is a huge difference!.How did you fill mineral oil in ANHC?.Unlike IDSI all
iVTEC cars are filled with synthetic oil only.Did the dealer recommend mineral oil?
MVTEC,

No, not all. In Bangalore, only one dealer recommends it but doesn't force it. Most of ANHC are with mineral oil unless and until changed with Synthetic.

2kms is a huge difference indeed, could this be a change in the driving style as well.

To test I have been driving my ANHC ensuring

> Below 2.5k revs
> Not more than 80-100KMPH
> No sudden throttle.

I see a difference of around 2kmpl with this driving style.

Iam not keen on mileage and hence back to my rev's
Old 26th February 2010, 12:00   #125
Senior - BHPian

@raghu: same here. I have seen a marked difference with that driving style, but then whats the fun

me too back to my usual spirited style, mileage be damned!
Old 26th February 2010, 12:40   #126
BHPian

Quote:
@raghu: same here. I have seen a marked difference with that driving style, but then whats the fun

me too back to my usual spirited style, mileage be damned!
Yea.Very true.When I started to use 5th gear more the mileage seems to be better than our NHC in the highway.

Sometimes I try to be in the IVTEC range when there is a decent stretch of road without being dangerous.If you can take the foot off the gas pedal intermittantly and accelarate smoothly the mileage can improve considerably.

I think "high performance" cars like ANHC needs synthetic oil.

Last edited by Mevtec : 26th February 2010 at 12:41.
Old 26th February 2010, 22:46   #127
BHPian

Quote:
The service advisor would give you a choice of mineral vs synthetic. The car comes with Mineral Idemitsu 20W40.
Old 22nd March 2010, 20:48   #128
Senior - BHPian

Happy Anniversary!

Time does fly fast when you are having fun. It’s hard to believe our beloved 'new' ANHC is an year old. But 365 days and 8799 Kms later, it is indeed the first anniversary of the car. The cars looks, feels like it’s been bought yesterday. Heck, I am willing to wager a bet that it even smells like a new car.

Anyway, before proceeding further, customary snaps of the beauty, taken today:

My Bold Beige ANHC S M/T. Update 3rd service, 6000 kms.-dsc_8625.jpg

My Bold Beige ANHC S M/T. Update 3rd service, 6000 kms.-dsc_8626.jpgOld & New: Standing along with my neighbors NHC. Bad Pillar!

My Bold Beige ANHC S M/T. Update 3rd service, 6000 kms.-dsc_8627.jpg NHC & ANHC

My Bold Beige ANHC S M/T. Update 3rd service, 6000 kms.-dsc_8629.jpg

My Bold Beige ANHC S M/T. Update 3rd service, 6000 kms.-dsc_8631.jpg

About The Car:
As I said in the intro, feels and runs like a new car. No niggles, rattles or squeaks. Very refined. I am a happy customer!

FE : getting on an average 11.6 with 100% AC. Just great!
Engine: The car's a pleasure to run on congested city roads as well as Empty highways. There's oodles of power to tap in this Vtec.
Handling: handles quite well. It does feel planted at high speeds.

Service:
Quite happy with Magnum Honda. The services have been quick and thorough. The staff was courteous and friendly. I have recommended quite a few friends to Magnum, and barring one, everyone else had good feedback. Caveat: I have read one bad feedback on this forum about Magnum.

Long Story Short: Would I go back in time and buy the same car? You betcha!

Now on to some statistics:

My Bold Beige ANHC S M/T. Update 3rd service, 6000 kms.-fe.jpg
Total Distance Run: 8799 Kms, Fuel Used : 786lts, Average Mileage 11.6 Kmpl

My Bold Beige ANHC S M/T. Update 3rd service, 6000 kms.-maint.jpg
Total Fuel Costs: 39,209, Service Costs: 6265, Total Running Costs : 45474

<Request to mods : I would like to spin off this post to a new thread in long time ownership report, please do it if this qualifies to be in the LTOR>

Last edited by SkyWalker : 22nd March 2010 at 20:50.
Old 22nd March 2010, 21:01   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Time does fly fast when you are having fun. It’s hard to believe our beloved 'new' ANHC is an year old. But 365 days and 8799 Kms later, it is indeed the first anniversary of the car.
Skywalker,
First of all congratulations on the first year anniversary and the well being of the car. The car looks just as new.

Quote:
The cars looks, feels like it’s been bought yesterday. Heck, I am willing to wager a bet that it even smells like a new car.
Reading this is so much reassuring to the fairly new city owners in the block. That is what Honda can give you in return for paying that extra in comparision to the compition isnt't it?

BTW, that is one hell of a meticulously maintained record. Seeing this am opening my excel and collecting all my petrol and service bills. Great work
Old 22nd March 2010, 21:02   #130
BHPian

Yeh Skywalker,

Congratulations, I wish many more such happy years with ANHC.

+1 to all the points mentioned for ANHC.

4months and 7k+ kms on my ODO, there's still more to explore.

What did SA advised for next oil change considering you moved to Synthetic?

Last edited by raghu230506 : 22nd March 2010 at 21:05.
Old 22nd March 2010, 22:15   #131
BHPian

Congrats Skywalker on completing one year with AHNC and wish you many more happy miles.

The statistics maintained by you is amazing and it will help all the potential buyers very much.
Old 22nd March 2010, 23:11   #132
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Congrats Skywalker ! Our ANHC has completed 22,000 kms in 1 year and 2 months and still feels like new ! The only issues i faced were the door beadings wearing off & the mirror housings fading, which were replaced free of cost under warranty. Do keep a check on your mirror and door seals.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...lity-anhc.html

My feedback on the synthetic oil change during service, definitely would recommend it over the mineral. The engine revvs smoother, the vibrations via the steering wheel and seat back are definitely reduced. The engine is barely audible and idles so silently its difficult to tell whether its running or not ! Just a barely audible hum ! Haven t noticed any change in the FE though !
Old 23rd March 2010, 00:21   #133

Quote:
In Chennai, I have seen both Sundaram Honda and Capital Honda go in for mineral oil by default. I had to tell them each time to use Synthetic oil. Oil change with synthetics done at 10000km/6 months interval.

Quote:
Time does fly fast when you are having fun. It’s hard to believe our beloved 'new' ANHC is an year old. But 365 days and 8799 Kms later, it is indeed the first anniversary of the car. The cars looks, feels like it’s been bought yesterday. Heck, I am willing to wager a bet that it even smells like a new car.
Congratualtions!! i am couple of days from celebrating the anniversary for my AHNC

Quote:
FE : getting on an average 11.6 with 100% AC. Just great!
Your fuel consumption spreadsheet was helpful. Thanks!! I have an SMT with similar mileage . I see a drop of about 1km/l from my initial days. Probably i am little hard on the accelerator of late. Can't help

Quote:
Long Story Short: Would I go back in time and buy the same car? You betcha!
Old 23rd March 2010, 08:22   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
Skywalker,
First of all congratulations on the first year anniversary and the well being of the car. The car looks just as new.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Yeh Skywalker,

Congratulations, I wish many more such happy years with ANHC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram_NP View Post
Congrats Skywalker on completing one year with AHNC and wish you many more happy miles.
Thanks jayanth_yk,raghu230506 & Ram_NP!

Quote:
Reading this is so much reassuring to the fairly new city owners in the block. That is what Honda can give you in return for paying that extra in comparision to the compition isnt't it?
Well said Jayanth. The peace of mind and reliability that comes with the brand is definitely worth paying the extra IMHO.

Quote:
BTW, that is one hell of a meticulously maintained record. Seeing this am opening my excel and collecting all my petrol and service bills. Great work
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram_NP View Post
The statistics maintained by you is amazing and it will help all the potential buyers very much.
Glad you liked it folks. Since i have a company leased car, and claim all fuel, accessory and maintenance bill, it didn't take too much effort for me to keep the sheet updated. But yeah, a little bit of discipline...

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
What did SA advised for next oil change considering you moved to Synthetic?
Just like what Sandy mentions here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy261 View Post
In Chennai, I have seen both Sundaram Honda and Capital Honda go in for mineral oil by default. I had to tell them each time to use Synthetic oil. Oil change with synthetics done at 10000km/6 months interval.
Only difference is Magnum puts synthetic by default. I went for mineral for first 3 services following TBHP recommendation and went synthetic from 4th service onwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
Congrats Skywalker ! Our ANHC has completed 22,000 kms in 1 year and 2 months and still feels like new ! The only issues i faced were the door beadings wearing off & the mirror housings fading, which were replaced free of cost under warranty. Do keep a check on your mirror and door seals.
Nirmal - whoa! You been busy with your car. 22K is quite some ground to cover in a little above 1 year. Shocking to hear about the plastic issues. After i read this, i went back and checked the car again today morning - no changes.

Quote:
Congratualtions!! i am couple of days from celebrating the anniversary for my AHNC
Congrats on the upcoming milestone Sandy. DO keep us updated about your ownership experience.

Quote:
Probably i am little hard on the accelerator of late. Can't help.
Well, a Vtec is supposed to be driven that way, aint it?
Old 23rd March 2010, 09:57   #135
BHPian

Many congratulations, Skywalker.

The stats you provided were awesome. Would definitely help prospective buyers.

Most Viewed