Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2009, 15:25   #61
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
Pardon my ignorance, but how does an under body protective coating help scraping out at speedbreakers? If there's a scraping, wont even the protection coating would be scraped off?

IIRC, its against rusting and other related stuff.
I think he meant metal plates or something. Like Samurai had for his Grand Vitara
Old 26th March 2009, 17:05   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinivasap View Post
12K? isn't that expensive? I got under body protective coating done from Magnum Honda, Bangalore yesterday for 3100 Rs.
that is 1/4th the price! was this for the ANHC?
Old 26th March 2009, 18:08   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_swift View Post
A great car for the rich and famous
ANHC for Rich and famous? What about a thousand other cars are higher price points starting with Civics, Accords and going into luxury cars from BMW to RRs of the world for then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_swift View Post
I just hope you get past 1000kms ASAP and let us know the drivin exp after tat
me too! 800 more to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by netarchie View Post
I am yet the TD the manual version of the new city. Was just wondering the engine responsivness of the manual over the auto!!
i found the manual to be a little more peppy. The gears may be a little tall for my taste though. Now, for that run-in to be complete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by netarchie View Post
Anyways the car is a sheer pleasure to drive.
couldn't agree more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I think he meant metal plates or something. Like Samurai had for his Grand Vitara
Why does a GV need it? Off-roading? Mebbe i will read Samurai's thread on GV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaykk View Post
that is 1/4th the price! was this for the ANHC?
Check's Eddy's response above. They would be two different things.
Old 26th March 2009, 18:22   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Pardon my ignorance, but how does an under body protective coating help scraping out at speedbreakers? If there's a scraping, wont even the protection coating would be scraped off?

IIRC, its against rusting and other related stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Quote:

Check's Eddy's response above. They would be two different things.

Hey SkyWalker,

I did try to educate him about the fact that underbody coating does not help prevent damages due to scraping. Maybe, keeping in mind the soon approaching monsoon, its makes sense. What do you say?

I was more surpised by the fact that he is being charged 12K for this.
Going by shrinivasap's post, this price doesn't look ok. I've asked him to double check!

-Sanjay
Old 27th March 2009, 00:22   #65
BHPian

Today i checked my beauty (ANHC-EMT) at dealer's stockyard. Accessories were being fitted when i visited the dealer - Music system (Kenwood - 543U), Nippon speakers (6101) and Cobra -central locking. Though i wasn't very happy with the sound quality, but i have saved a cool Rs. 30K (Rs. 50K for SMT minus 20K for audio, central locking and body colored RVM and door handlles - dealer package).
So, i can think of changing speakers to component ones with saved money.

I enquired if the reverse parking sensors (which costs about 23K as per list price) are with LCD. The accessories guy said - No.
I am surprised why this much difference between the sensors costing 3K to be charged for 23K .
I plan to enquire with other honda dealer.
The accessories guy at honda also clarified that any after market accessories are acceptable, if sockets/connectors are used and no wiring cuts are done. I am not very sure of the explanations, but i remember when i was getting audio system in my Maruti Zen, dealer had told me they charge more if they use connectors/adaptors and no need of wire cutting. I had got my car's wires to be cut, as i wasn't aware of void warrenty. Anyways its history now
So, Looking forward to my all new honda city.
Old 27th March 2009, 08:53   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmzbond View Post
Today i checked my beauty (ANHC-EMT) at dealer's stockyard.
congrats on your car!

Quote:
Accessories were being fitted when i visited the dealer - Music system (Kenwood - 543U), Nippon speakers (6101) and Cobra -central locking. Though i wasn't very happy with the sound quality, but i have saved a cool Rs. 30K (Rs. 50K for SMT minus 20K for audio, central locking and body colored RVM and door handlles - dealer package).
In addition to the audio & central locking, there are quite a few things different between E & S.
  • Drivers Seat height Adjust
  • Steering Mounted Audio Controls
  • Front Armrest
  • Rear armrest cupholders
  • Beige against Grey fabric and some nifty touches in the fabric & console.
but agree that E is more VFM (if at all City is VFM ).

Quote:
I am surprised why this much difference between the sensors costing 3K to be charged for 23K .
I plan to enquire with other honda dealer.
check with another dealer. Those prices are ridiculous. Magnum Honda gave me option of 3 different types, basic one with 4 reverse sensor starting at around 2.3K only!
Old 28th March 2009, 01:54   #67
BHPian

As i understand, the mud flaps are not standard on Honda city E/MT. Price being quoted was about 4K for body colored mudflaps. I want the mudflaps, but not very sure if I should go for body coloured ones or black coloured after market.

I will take delivery on Monday, but I am already making plans to get some accessories for my car. I am confused about choosing the right dealer for them in Gurgaon. I probably will try Reliance autozone for Floor mats/ Sun film/ upgrade in my Nippon speakers, bumper guards, seat covers, car freshner etc.
I never had seat covers in my maruti Zen, but i need to pat myself on taking very good care of the original. They are still as good as new.

Any more suggestions. I was considering alloys, but Rs. 20K, I can wait some more time.
Old 28th March 2009, 07:49   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Price being quoted was about 4K for body colored mudflaps. I want the mudflaps, but not very sure if I should go for body coloured ones or black coloured after market.
Mudflaps look better black as it goes with the rest of the color theme (look at the black stripes at the bottom of rear view mirrors etc in S version). Regular mudflaps from Honda dealer here was just 1500/-
Old 3rd April 2009, 08:24   #69
Senior - BHPian

Mileage Update

did the Second tankful today (second one after taking the delivery):
Petrol Consumed : 29.5 L
Distance Traveled :334.9 Km
Current Mileage : 11.3 kmpl
Mileage shown on display : 12.7 kmpl (~error of 1.4 kmpl)

Driving Pattern: 100% city, congested Bangalore roads, 100% a/c, about 60% of the driving with only me, rest with 4 adults+1 kid.

As a comparison, My Palio 1.2 used to give me around 10 kmpl with approximately the same driving pattern. I don't drive with a light foot, so pretty happy with the City's mileage. Lets see what happens after 1st Service.

Last edited by SkyWalker : 3rd April 2009 at 08:30.
Old 3rd April 2009, 08:36   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As i understand, the mud flaps are not standard on Honda city E/MT.
Mudflaps are not standard on S/MT either
Old 3rd April 2009, 09:23   #71
BHPian

I think that is something you can get for free if you pull the sales guy....i got it free...
Old 3rd April 2009, 09:26   #72
BHPian

Quote:
did the Second tankful today (second one after taking the delivery):
Petrol Consumed : 29.5 L
Distance Traveled :334.9 Km
Current Mileage : 11.3 kmpl
Mileage shown on display : 12.7 kmpl (~error of 1.4 kmpl)
Skywalker: That is pretty good...i finished 2500 KM..First service is done...i am only getting 11 KMPL...yours is AT or MT? Mine is AT...
Old 3rd April 2009, 09:56   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think that is something you can get for free if you pull the sales guy....i got it free...
yep, same here. sales guy should give that to you free.

Quote:
Skywalker: That is pretty good...i finished 2500 KM..First service is done...i am only getting 11 KMPL...yours is AT or MT? Mine is AT...
Mine's MT. AT should probably give you 1 kmpl less. But then its a very small price to pay for the convenience of an auto, right?
Old 3rd April 2009, 10:04   #74
BHPian

Got it Skywalker. difference of 1 KMPL is justified, it is fun to ride a AT with Paddle Shift. They only think i didn't like in ANHC so far is reaching the horn, it is a small issue but still a issue

Also, i asked Magnum Honda regarding upgrading the bulb, folks said they won't do it and doing that would void the warranty. on highways, i feel the bulb is bit dull.
Old 3rd April 2009, 11:54   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They only think i didn't like in ANHC so far is reaching the horn, it is a small issue but still a issue
can you please elaborate on this? What exactly is the issue with the horn?

Quote:
Also, i asked Magnum Honda regarding upgrading the bulb, folks said they won't do it and doing that would void the warranty. on highways, i feel the bulb is bit dull.
typical Honda. They said the same when i wanted to upsize the tyres (void suspension warranty). Is the headlights really bad in highways?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks