Team-BHP - NHC:We want it,We will give it,We can't give it,Again,We have it,Will give it ,Got it
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   NHC:We want it,We will give it,We can't give it,Again,We have it,Will give it ,Got it (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/55605-nhc-we-want-we-will-give-we-cant-give-again-we-have-will-give-got.html)

It all started when we decided to sell off our 10 yr old 800.Even now, I remember the last day of my engineering when my parents and brother came to Coimbatore (from Kottayam) in that 800.Btb, that was the farthest , that the car has travelled.
So we decided that we need to get a new car and then my brother had already made up his mind that it should be Honda. Half the job is done. So , started calling the dealers in Cochin, went down to Peninsular Honda , saw the ANHC. On seeing the car, my parents had a feeling that it was bit bulky and then the dilemma started.

Then, focus shifted to the NHC, which, was still being sold by some dealers. So, enquired regarding the same and got the confirmation from Peninsular that they can get the vehicle from the unsld lot in factory. Meanwhile , they had a look in one of the NHCs that came for service in the dealership and and it sealed the deal

Now started the wait for the call from dealer regarding the NHC availaility and one fine morning, got the news that they can't get the car as the factory lots all got sold...

Agony,sadness and what not, was the result of this news as my parents and brother were very much longing to have the NHC in our garage but then they were faced with the fact that they cannot become owners of a new "discontinued" NHC. They were not willing to go for a second hand car.

Now, made desparate calls to dealers in Calicut, trivandrum , only to get the same info that they can't get the car...

It was at this point that I decided to chip in... Called up whitefield Honda,Dakshin and Magnum.

Magnum was the first to respond and immediately offered to come down to my office with the vehicle which I promptly declined, the reason being,I was not looking for a test drive but to buy the car ( as the test drive part was done in Cochin and mindset was ready to own the car)

All the 3 dealers offered a cash discount of 60-65K on the models that they had. Of the 3, Magnum had our choice of color (carbon bronze) and hence decided to take it up with them. Recieved a call from one sales exec Mr Easwar. Nice guy to deal with. On 21, we went down to the Kanakpura showroom of Magnum,met Easwar, and then went straight to the yard, only to find around 15-20 NHCs waiting to be owned.
How can i not jump with joy when my heart realized the fact that, atlast, my parents would indeed be owning a NHC.

Went around the yard, saw various colors and picked our lot...

Meanwhile, I had negotiated a deal with Easwar for getting a reverse parking sensor and extended warranty in the already mentioned price of 7L. This includes temp registration, insurance. Wrote the cheque for the full amount and returned home with a light heart , called up my parents and shared the newss.. Delivery was promised on 23 at 4 30 PM. We reached the showroom by around 4 PM ( thanks to less traffic), saw our car getting the final touch ups. Soon, Easwar took me to explain the controls/features,gave all documents ,gift exchanges followed and wow, we were heading back to our Kaggadasapura home in our own NHC, the one which we thought wouldn't be ours but then destiny had it for us.

Since the car is to be used in Kerala, I have done only the temp registration and will be taking the beauty to Cochin during the Easter weekend.
Another happy news that we got is that , now there is no entry tax for vehicles bought outside Kerala, provided it is for self use.Only thing is , you have to fill in Form 60(certificate of Ownership) and give it at the sales tax checkpost at the post of entry into Kerala.

Hence, the total cost of ownership will be 7L(at bangalore for vechicle cost) + ~45k (road tax in kerala).
Photos coming soon...

Quote:

Originally Posted by joecherian (Post 1228362)
Since the car is to be used in Kerala, I have done only the temp registration and will be taking the beauty to Cochin during the Easter weekend.
Another happy news that we got is that , now there is no entry tax for vehicles bought outside Kerala, provided it is for self use.Only thing is , you have to fill in Form 60(certificate of Ownership) and give it at the sales tax checkpost at the post of entry into Kerala.

Hey Joe, congrats on the NHC, I have one of those and procured it even when the ANHC was available. Hope your brother and parents have fun with it!
I have a quick question. You said you just paid the ex-showroom price and put the temp registration in blore and then would take it to Cochin. So does that mean you have not paid for registration in KA and neither have you paid road tax for KA? You would pay both in Cochin? Also, is it possible everywhere in India (like I can buy a car here in Blore, have a temp registration and then take it to Calcutta RTO and register it there)?

Hey, congrats dear.

So, Finally you are the first one of discussing about NHC to buy it.

So, Overall it cost you around 7.4 L on road (GXI with registration in kerala)

Is there any Golden colored GXI is still there?

Quote:

Originally Posted by nnandi (Post 1228431)
So does that mean you have not paid for registration in KA and neither have you paid road tax for KA? You would pay both in Cochin? Also, is it possible everywhere in India (like I can buy a car here in Blore, have a temp registration and then take it to Calcutta RTO and register it there)?

yes,I have only paid for temp registration in Bangy and will be paying the road tax and regitration costs in kerala. I think the same can be done in your case too.But, one thing to keep in mind is the ntry tax that WB govt can charge. For me, the latest news is that Kerala govt has done away with the concept of entry tax for self use vehicles.Need not be the same case with other govts and hence you need to enquire with the sales tax dept in your state.

Quote:

Originally Posted by loving_alaap (Post 1228442)
Hey, congrats dear.
So, Finally you are the first one of discussing about NHC to buy it.
So, Overall it cost you around 7.4 L on road (GXI with registration in kerala)
Is there any Golden colored GXI is still there?

Thanks loving....
Well, I have seen the colors heather mist (is this the golden color that you are referring?). Also, saw misty blue in the yard.

Hi,

Congrats for the car! I too have the same colour! Did you go for the CVT or manual?

Quote:

Will your temporary registration hold until then? It is for one week here!

Congrats on finally getting the vehicle your parents wanted!

Quote:

Another happy news that we got is that , now there is no entry tax for vehicles bought outside Kerala, provided it is for self use.

Dyou know why?

Quote:

Only thing is , you have to fill in Form 60(certificate of Ownership) and give it at the sales tax checkpost at the post of entry into Kerala.

THIS is the entry tax!!!!!

Good choice my friend. GXi is the model with the Beige trim ? Right ?

Joe - congrats. NHC is a great car and a 7.45L, the GXi model is a steal. Enjoy!

Congrats Joe. NHC is a wonderful car. When i enquired last time, i think GXI model came close to 8.4 lac in bangalore. Its good to hear that you got it for 7.4L.

Drive safe. Enjoy maadi.

Congrats Joe! But IMO it is worth spending 100K more for ANHC (118 Horses with desired fuel efficiency and the most contemporary design). Entry model in Delhi NCR is ~8.5 L OTR.

Cheers, :)
Deepak

Quote:

Originally Posted by trrk (Post 1228537)
Will your temporary registration hold until then? It is for one week here!

Well, yeah, in theory. You just have to pay INR 500/- as fine if you register after this period. I registered my car nearly a month after I got it delivered. Cops may stop you asking "Didn't get number yet?". Simply say, "Nay, it's a fancy number. Waiting for it." and they'll let you go.

Hi,

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImmortalZ (Post 1228903)
Well, yeah, in theory. You just have to pay INR 500/- as fine if you register after this period.

Well, the fine part is there for registration after the grace period. But it is illegal to have a car on road without valid registration. It will definitely be serious if you manage to have an accident especially with injuries to people.

Looking at the title I thought it was going to be a another sad story! But then, good to know that things went pretty well for you.

Congrats on the buy! :)

And do update us on what happens at the Kerala entry point. Entry tax, la, sales tax...

Congrtas for your new ride. enjoy.

From 800 to NHC. WOW :)

Congrats for your buy dude. Ride Safe :thumbs up