Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2010, 17:15   #31
BHPian

Update - 8.5K kms.

Been lazy and have not given any updates.. Covered around 8500 kms and got my second free service done - changed oil a few parts - came to around 4.5K..

No problems thus far.. In Bangalore, i get an average FE of around 11 with A/C always on and bumper to bumper traffic from old madras road to dairy circle.. Took it on a few long distance trips and FE was around 17-18 with some ghat sections..

The performance had dropped - acceleration especially and post changing the air filter - wow, it made a phenomenal difference and got back to the old days.. Does one need to vaccum the air filter at a certain frequency? the service interval is around 10k kms.. Costs around 828 with VAT.. Maybe should look at other options next time, given the performance difference it makes - K&N maybe..
Old 13th April 2010, 18:45   #32
Senior - BHPian

And still no pictures, even after a year?
Old 13th April 2010, 22:11   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
And still no pictures, even after a year?
Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - Test Drives Look under Hyundai , Sonata Transform - the photograph there is my car..

Last edited by rangaraj : 13th April 2010 at 22:12.
Old 14th April 2010, 15:54   #34
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangaraj View Post
The performance had dropped - acceleration especially and post changing the air filter - wow, it made a phenomenal difference and got back to the old days.. Does one need to vaccum the air filter at a certain frequency? the service interval is around 10k kms.. Costs around 828 with VAT.. Maybe should look at other options next time, given the performance difference it makes - K&N maybe..
If you drive in a very dusty environment, cleaning the air filter every 5,000 kms wouldn't hurt. And no, a K&N won't improve matters here.
Old 14th April 2010, 16:16   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangaraj View Post
Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - Test Drives Look under Hyundai , Sonata Transform - the photograph there is my car..
One Photo?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks