Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2005, 17:35   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

tata indigo turbo intercooler70bhp euro 3

today i drove the new tata indigo turbocharged intercooled diesel.the car i drove was lx model(top),i dint knew that tata has already launched this car and was surprised when i was told by tata salesman,i couldn't resist myself from driving the car,the car almost same as the previous indigo except for the new intercooled engine which now makes 70bhp,good for a 1400cc idi diesel,the car felt better the pevious indigo at idle with nvh levels reduced and indica meters now standard on the indigo,low end was better than before and turbo lag has been reduced,the car felt incredibly refined for a diesel below 4000rpm after it the power plant has grunt but is too coarse,the car felt responsive in traffic and crossed 100 with ease without much waiting,the power now feels better spread unlike the previous indigo but the low end is still weak for a diesel and calls for too much of gear changing from the tight gearbox,the ride felt more refined than before as it took rough roads at low speeds far better than before,i was surprised to see the intercooler positioned above the cylinderhead cover with a air scoop cming from the nose grill,the car is expensive by around Rs.10,000 which i feel this new intercooled engine is worth,at this price i think its a great car if you ignore the ill proportioned boot but then theres marina to rescue from the ill shape.
Old 16th May 2005, 17:49   #2
Senior - BHPian

I personally loved the new Indigo with the intercooler. Me and Drifter both testdrove it. The engine now feels much more responsive and free revving. I really loved the way they have put the intercooler on the engine and attached a fibre air intake on the internal surface of the hood which exactly attaches itself to the intercooler as the hood is closed.
Old 29th July 2005, 18:03   #3
Senior - BHPian

hey
is this the TDI Marina you guys are talking about ?
Old 29th July 2005, 19:12   #4
Senior - BHPian

Can the regular Indigos be retrofitted with these parts. I would'nt mind spending up to 10k for this improvement. Hope TATA provides kits for the same.
Old 30th July 2005, 09:51   #5
Senior - BHPian

Ot

Totally OT.

Is it true that several Indica/Indigo cars kept going on uncomplainingly thru the flooded Mumbai? Got emails from a group telling such stories, and here is one of them:
In Tuesday's situation, a colleague of mine (not a member of this group) found that when the conditions are worst, the Indica V2 LSi is the car to be in! He started at 4.45 pm from Vikhroli office in his 2001 model and reached his Goregaon resi at 2.00 am (a distance of approx 14 km) through nightmarish, road, traffic and flood conditions. The achievement is that while Sumos, Honda Citys and sundry other cars were failing to the left and right of him, his LSi chugged along uncomplainingly(through large sections of hip-deep water outside) and reached him home without any engine problem! He's found a new respect and esteem for the dashed thing!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks