Cost :

Oil change : 3.7 Ltr(285/ltr)
Oil Filter:400
Oil Used was Castrol GTX Diesel

Total 1454.5

Problems rectified
-Lumbar support not working
-Beads coming out(Fixed)
-Sluggish clutch and tight gear shaft(Although not entirely satisfied with the outcome)
-Removed certain scratches

Problms not yet fixed
-Central locking is not closing when done manually(Parts not available)

Thanks
-hdi
Old 11th December 2009, 08:52   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdi_pro View Post
Thanks a lot guys for all your replies.

I did my third service last week and here are the details
Cost :
Oil change : 3.7 Ltr(285/ltr)
Oil Filter:400
Oil Used was Castrol GTX Diesel
Total 1454.5
Problems rectified
-Lumbar support not working
-hdi
Hi hdi,
Even i have a July09 Gala Red QJD Aura & it has just come from 2nd service (5400 km). My query is engine Oil for QJD is supposed to be 3.2 ltrs as per manual, then why did they charge for 3.7 ltrs? I may be missing something but just want to know so that i am informed when i go for my 3rd service.
Old 11th December 2009, 08:57   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faridsahmed View Post
Hi hdi,
Even i have a July09 Gala Red QJD Aura & it has just come from 2nd service (5400 km). My query is engine Oil for QJD is supposed to be 3.2 ltrs as per manual, then why did they charge for 3.7 ltrs? I may be missing something but just want to know so that i am informed when i go for my 3rd service.
The same has been mentioned several times in Vista threads. Just make sure that they don't overfill it. (ie. above maximum mark of the dip stick)
Old 11th December 2009, 12:39   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faridsahmed View Post
Hi hdi,
Hi faridsahmed,

Yes its 3.7 ltr only(and not 3.2 lt).BTW what is the milleage that you getting from your Quadra(with and without AC) in City roads.

Thanks
hari.
Old 11th December 2009, 14:02   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Hi faridsahmed,

Yes its 3.7 ltr only(and not 3.2 lt).BTW what is the milleage that you getting from your Quadra(with and without AC) in City roads.

Thanks
hari.
The actual capacity is only 3.2 litres. The user manual itself mentions it. But when changing oil, the quantity required will be even less since 100% of the old oil would not have been drained. But the TASC here says that the billing being online, the bill can only be for 3.7 litres!
Old 11th December 2009, 14:15   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Hi faridsahmed,

Thanks
hari.
Thanks for the info hdi.
Well I am getting an avg of 17-18kmpl with 100% AC with a 70% highway & 30% of city driving.

Also did you not ask the TASC guys as to why 3.7 and not 3.2 as written in manual? My intention of asking this question is just to be prepared when i go in for 3rd service. That's it nothing beyond it.
Old 11th November 2011, 23:20   #52
BHPian

Re: Got my new Gala Red Indica Aura Vista Quaddrajet

Guys,

I have been facing problem with my Indica vista (quadra )clutch for some time now.

a) Its very smooth and light when I start the car and becomes very sluggish and hard after 10-15 kms.I have given it to the TASC and they do something and its ok for a few days and again the problem starts

b) Recently I had a big shock when I noticed that when I from 3rd to 4th,clutch got stuck in the middle(ie neither engaged nor free) .I had to use my toe to go under the clutch and get it out .When clutch was half on,the gear was not working.This has happened atleast 10 times in the last 2 months.However TASC is not willing to fix it as they say that they are not able to reproduce the problem when they drive

What should I do to fix/change the clutch/gearbox.

My car is still in extended warranty

Thanks
Hari.
Old 28th April 2014, 21:19   #53
BHPian

Scratches in Clutch kit ordered from 99rpm

Hi,

I recently ordered a clutch kit and release bearing from 99rpm.com(Indica vista Aura QUADRA) and I see a lot of scratches.Customer rep from 99rpm is saying that that is how tata products come out and the quality is inline with other tata motors spare part.

However I am not sure and I don't have any exp what so ever with a tata motors spare part.

Pl help me answer the following questions

a) The release bearing looks old to begin with .Are the release bearing scratches seen in the uploaded photos normal and expected?

b) The clutch plate look new.However paint is peeling off from the traingle shaped screws.The 99rpm rep is saying that in certain cases we may even see rusting on the traingle shaped screws.

I am not sure if this is the expected quality of an tata motors spare part.

Thanks,
hdi

Mods: please move to the appropriate section if required.
Attached Thumbnails
Got my new Gala Red Indica Aura Vista Quaddrajet-release_bearing_scratches1.jpg  

Got my new Gala Red Indica Aura Vista Quaddrajet-releasebearing_scratches2.jpg  

Got my new Gala Red Indica Aura Vista Quaddrajet-clutch_plate_paint_peeling1.jpg  

Got my new Gala Red Indica Aura Vista Quaddrajet-clutchplate_paintpeeling2.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks