Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2009, 13:49   #16
BHPian

@revhappy - Thanks mate for the wishes.

Actually, I was facing issues while going on long-drives as my legs kept tightly locked on the steering and made it difficult to drive even after chair pushed back completly... Rest the car was awesome.

Indica vista offers more space and features and yes I got a good resale value as I had kept the car like a baby and treated her nicely.
Old 3rd April 2009, 23:47   #17
BHPian

Congratulations hdi !! Your car looks awesome

What made you chose this car? I would be grateful since it will definitely help me make a decision which is long overdue..
Old 4th April 2009, 15:05   #18
BHPian

Thanks a lot for all your comments

aniyahr,

Requirements
-Should be fuel efficient Diesel Hatchback
-Budjet - less than or equal 5 lakhs
-Should accommodate 5 people comfortably
-Reliable
-Value for Money
-Comfortable driver seating for a 6' 3'' person.

Vista was only hatch that met most of the above requirements

Swift - seating was not confortable and bit costly
Chev aveo - Seating was ok but not as confortable as indica vista and no petrol

The above comments are strictly my personal opinion.No offense intended.

Hope I have sold the Indica vista to you

anmolbedi,

Congrats and best of luck.Good decision to go to A-one.Planning to go to A-one for A.S.S

revhappy,

THanks.as of now,No plans to change the tyres as I am broke .Hopefully in the not so distant future.

Thanks hade,amtac and vijaythacker,

I will upload some interior pictures soon.

-hdi
Old 4th April 2009, 23:07   #19
BHPian

Thank you very much hdi.. Good reasons to buy a very good car

I some how never liked the looks of Swift ( I know that looks are entirely subjective..). To me it looks like a "sitting frog" and of course rear seats are a bit crampy.

I think i have more or less made my decision.. will keep you posted..
Old 13th April 2009, 20:59   #20
BHPian

First milleage figures and intial ownership report

Milleage :

Finished 500 km recently and I have got a milleage of about 14.4 km/l(whichI think is reasonable).This is with 60% highways and 40% city with AC on all the time.The milleage was calculated with tank full to tank full method.

Initial ownership report:

Ride quality is very good and it takes bumps with ease.No rattles up till now.Seats are very comfortable with the seat adjustments in the driver seat and the back sears are spacious.We recently(5 people) went on a drive to gurgaon and feedback from my folks was very positive.

AC is ok.However it not does not cool very quickly and there is no appreciable loss in pickup with AC .

Steering is responsive,however I see that car doesnot go in a straight line if I take my hands off in a straight road(read from the T-BHP that this is old issue).Need to check that.Moreover when I do a U turn,the steering doesnot come to to the original position instantly and it takes a while.

Gear box and clutch are good and third gear is a real boon for city traffic,we can go in third gear all day long (without the fear of stalling) at 20 k.

So to sum it up , I am ok with the car.Hopefully the minor issues can be fixed during the first service.

a

-hdi
Old 14th April 2009, 09:01   #21
BHPian

Congratulations HDI, the gala red colour really looks nice on VISTA.

FE of 14.4kmpl looks a bit low, FE for your car will for sure increase post first service.

My Palio SDX returned me an FE of 21kmpl on the very first tank full.

What diesel are you using, normal or premium?
Old 14th April 2009, 10:17   #22
BHPian

Hi bubby,

I am using normal Diesel. Is that the reason for the fe??

Thanks,
hdi.
Old 14th April 2009, 11:16   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdi_pro View Post
Hi bubby,

I am using normal Diesel. Is that the reason for the fe??

Thanks,
hdi.
May be.

When I use premium diesel in get 21kmpl when and when I use mormal diesel i get 19kmpl.

Also to improve FE try re-fuelling in early morning ( before sun starts to bake ) and trust me it makes a lot of difference to FE and that is because of lower under ground temperature where fuel is actually kept in bunks at Petrol pumps.
Old 14th April 2009, 11:24   #24
BHPian

This car looks so so so so cool in red...

Good choice and the interiors are also very nice
Old 14th April 2009, 11:45   #25
BHPian

A 1 motors service station is at Mathura Road they are really good there is a guy called Rajeev he is really good and has taken good care of my for the last 2 times .
Old 14th April 2009, 12:43   #26
BHPian

@amit27:

The mathura road A1 service center is closed for renovation for one year. You need to goto Moti Nagar to get servicing done.
Old 14th April 2009, 15:11   #27
BHPian

Any changes in Vista Aura since the lanunch?

Hi hdi_pro, are there any changes in Vista Aura since the launch? like change in the OEM tyres, defect fixes etc..?

I have also heard one thing that Quadrajet is now available in entry level model.
Old 14th April 2009, 22:26   #28
BHPian

I purchased a Vista TDI 15 days back and one change i noticed is that they have introduced a flexible rubber cladding which covers the entire width of the car just below the front bumper. I had not seen this earlier and most probably this was not in the earlier vista's as i was able to see some wiring harness and connectors exposed to the road which could be easily damaged by flying stones.
Old 15th April 2009, 12:37   #29
BHPian

TeddyBear,

Nothing as far as I know.Except the fact that (as per the T-BHP forums)they are introducing Terra Quadrajet as the entry level Quadra .

anmolbedi and amit27,

I am in Sector 41,Noida.Which of the Service centers would be closer to me(I dont want to go to Automobile sterling).I would be happy if you can give me some personal references who are relatively trustworthy.

Bubby,

I will try premium diesel for the next fill and prob fill in the morning.BTW,How is your driving style and are you driving on highways/city and what is ur AC usage.

joy_swift,

Thanks

Thanks,
hdi.
Old 15th April 2009, 13:13   #30
Senior - BHPian

welcome to tata's continuous improvement philiosophy. It used to be the same for the first generation indica's , and now for the current ones as well. while other manufacturers launch the models with the bells and whistles initially and then cut down on features ( value engineering ) , tatas are the only manufacturers who actually have their cars get better with age.

And the good part? exisiting vista owners can also probably get these parts retrofitted to their cars as well!

Most Viewed