Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2009, 17:34   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post

Reg B&M issue, 2 days back I had deleted earlier pairing on my mobile & also in B&M system & re-paired it. It started recognising some of the voice commands (any MS product like windows - 90% of the issues get solved on rebooting/ restarting !! applied the same logic).
Hey, did you actually disconnect the batt to reboot, was is just re-paired your mobile phone ('repaired', ha ha sounds funny).

I might give that a try.
Old 17th April 2009, 17:37   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, spares are quite cheaper. The front bumper costs rs. 2,500/- only. I thought because of the grill & the front looks, it would be costlier.

Here are the pics of biege color floor mats. Not very clear as taken in late evening with mobile phone. But while looking at it naked eyes it matches quite well with interior & seat covers

Nice Mats, i think I'm going for Beige, that looks plush man and maybe a set of rubber tops for the monsoon.
IMO, These mats are fully washable, and come clean every time you shampoo them.
Old 17th April 2009, 18:26   #48
BHPian

Quote:
there are black mats also available but those are without boot mat

I know, beige mats are like taking biege little too far, it also gets dirty. but it also looks very good
Yeh, I just got the black mats today, was shown an option of grey and black, so obviously selected it. I am not too sure about beige mats. I also think they will easily get dirty, infact the beige fabric and the upholstry is showing traces of dirt in my car will have to get it foam cleaned over the weekend.

As per the dealer there are no specifications of a boot mat for Linea for the company, hence they only have the front and rear mats.
Old 18th April 2009, 12:12   #49
BHPian

@ vahanpujari

Are the rear mats in 3 pcs or single? My guy washing the car cribs about the single piece rear mat. Its difficult for him to pull the whole mat from one side because when he pull the mat due to the center hump all the dust gets dropped on the carpet itself. Also placing it again is a bit of tough job.
Do let me know from where and for how much did u but the mat for.
I am also from mumbai.
Old 18th April 2009, 12:12   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, spares are quite cheaper. The front bumper costs rs. 2,500/- only. I thought because of the grill & the front looks, it would be costlier.

Here are the pics of biege color floor mats. Not very clear as taken in late evening with mobile phone. But while looking at it naked eyes it matches quite well with interior & seat covers
Thank you. They look great!
Old 18th April 2009, 12:37   #51
BHPian

Did i miss the rear sun blinds in any of the pictures?? Was that rolled up??
Old 18th April 2009, 21:04   #52
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep_vgl View Post
Did i miss the rear sun blinds in any of the pictures?? Was that rolled up??
No, the rear sun blinds were not rolled up in any of the pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash View Post
@ vahanpujari

Are the rear mats in 3 pcs or single? My guy washing the car cribs about the single piece rear mat. Its difficult for him to pull the whole mat from one side because when he pull the mat due to the center hump all the dust gets dropped on the carpet itself. Also placing it again is a bit of tough job.
I am also from mumbai.
Prash - the rear mats are very much in 3 pieces. i'm taking about biege color mats as i've not seen black mats. i got these biege mats from wasan motors. the cost is rs. 2,000/-

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazherr View Post
Hey, did you actually disconnect the batt to reboot, was is just re-paired your mobile phone ('repaired', ha ha sounds funny).

I might give that a try.
No, just deleted the pairing on my mobile, deleted all users (in user data in setting menu of blue n me) & paired the mobile again.

it accepts some voice commands, have tried only "call" command. the issue is due to accent, it does not recognise the name of the person to whom you ask it to call but tries to call another person with the same sounding name in phonebook. not quite useful unless the system adjusts itself to my accent (how, i dont know) or my accent gets changed

Quote:
Well, the front bumper cost of rs. 2,500/- mentioned on website is only for black color bumper. for any other color car & bumper, a painting cost of rs. 3,300/- gets added to it (total 5,800/- for front bumper)
can you guess, how much those chrome moulding tapes on front bumper cost? rs. 5,500/-

in 10 days of Linea Ownership, i now believe that i've experienced almost everything - pleasure of owning this beauty, driving pleasure, visits to workshop on 3rd & 4th day of ownership (small PDI issues as explained earlier) & now a small repair of the bumper (looks big due to cost & workshop visits). will share complete ownership just in some time
Old 18th April 2009, 21:27   #53
BHPian

I got the black Linea mats (Rs.1000). The rear one is a single piece. Though cleaning is a bit iffy, I prefer it that way as 3 mats might slip out of place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash View Post
@ vahanpujari
I am also from mumbai.
Old 18th April 2009, 22:15   #54
BANNED

1st Repair !!

Well, within 10 days of ownership I'm now onto utilising insurance claim for accedental repairs on my Linea.

3-4 days back while returning from office during peak hours in late evening, I was driving on the left-most lane of the road in bumper-to-bumper traffic. to save the car brushed by the vehicle on right hand side, i moved it slightly to left. there was a T junction & the other road moving on the left side. Since thats good enough opening, i tried to take slight left turn & then again to come on the straight road. thanks to municipality on the left turn there was this little protruding iron thingies (barely visible in dark only 5-6 inches protruding on top of the road surface), it got crashed with the front bumper. as i was in 1st gear was very very slow, the damage is not much. the bumper got dented & bent inside & the left part came out of the clips.

my colleagues told me that it could be repaired so i was thinking of getting it repaired without insurance claim. i was wrong. today went to the workshop. the bumper costs 2,500/- since bumper comes only in black, it needs to be paited with an additional cost of rs. 3,300/- (so, totalling to 5,800/-). most probably those rounded chrome tapes on the bumper would not need to be changed. they cost rs. 5,500/- but since i'm claiming the insurance, what the heck if they also need to be changed.

will be going to workshop tomorrow to drop the car.

will update ownership review (extensive ownership in 10 days!! with all these experiences, i may add) in some time now
Old 19th April 2009, 00:04   #55
BHPian

sorry to hear about your damage.hope u get your car back early.
are linea spares easily available .yesterday i went to the tata dealership in ludhiana and a linea was for repair for sometime and they said linea parts are also slow to come .the car was waiting for a right rvm
Old 19th April 2009, 03:52   #56
BANNED

10 Days of Linea Ownership

Having mentioned pre-delivery, Delivery & post-delivery service station visits experiences earlier, its 10 days & here are my likes & dislikes of my Linea Emotion Pack FIRE (F. Red)

Looks - Well, she is absolutely beautifull with drop dead looks. Those Chorme Plates/ Handles, specific Headlights etc are generally found on D Segments car like Civic/ Accord (even Honda does not give it in ANHC). Rounded nose is the Killer

Features - Being Techie I absolutely love its features like Blue & Me, My Car & all other Features. Have to really scratch head if we want to find out what feature it does not have

Handling & Manuevering - Having owned Ford Ikon, I was doubtful if Linea could deliver the same level of Handling & Manuevering as I think nobody does it better than a Ford. But, Linea is almost equal. Very easy to handle & stays planted all the times so one feels secure. Though being 1st few kms I've not yet pushed her above 100, but I can see that she will stay planted at those speeds also

Steering - Steering response is also very good. Lovely grips as well.

3rd/4th/5th gears - Well, Gears seem to be short & can be engaged at lower speeds (compared to my Ford Ikon). I've observed that one can engage 3rd gear at around 25 kmph, 4th Gear at around 30-35 kmpoh& 5th Gear at around 40-45 kmph. I could see a visible difference as during my daily drive in Mumbai traffic I can feel that in Linea I'm able to drive more in 5th gear than I was able to do it in Fiat. This probably would mean improved mileage in City driving. However, may be it could mean not-so-good mileage on highways, am not sure though?

Mileage - can't say I like mileage till I do a tank-full to tank-full. Current mileage that is shown on MID is around 9 kmph but it includes lot of idle time with engine running during PDI, Delivery, & 2-3 times when I was checking all the featuires & was making changes in settings of many features. between 40 - 60 kmph speed mileage improves & shows 11-12 kmph

Underbody looks cool. Have seen the Linea on a ramp at the service station. 80% of underbody is coated with Silverish Grey. IMO no need to go for

Do not Like

Long Radius
Glove Box - Very small.
Door inside pockets - Again very small & can't handle even a water bottle
Levers like seat height & reclining adjustment, Steering height adj lever, bonnet opening lever are looking very fragile. what's Fiat thinking?On an 8 Lacs car, how much additional cost good plastic would haveadded?

1st/ 2nd Gears - Very short. still reserve comments till I do 1000 km & get used to synchronisation of Fiat's long ply clutch/ Brake/ Accelerator. Sometimes car zooms past in 1st & 2nd gear while some times its dead
Seat - Driver seat is not very comfortable
voice commands - Blue n Me is not recognising voice, identifies some & does not identify the others.
Old 19th April 2009, 14:51   #57
BHPian

Quote:

Well, the front bumper cost of rs. 2,500/- mentioned on website is only for black color bumper. for any other color car & bumper, a painting cost of rs. 3,300/- gets added to it (total 5,800/- for front bumper)
can you guess, how much those chrome moulding tapes on front bumper cost? rs. 5,500/-
Sorry to hear about your misfortune :(. Hope you get the car back quickly.

So for a black colour car the bumper won't have to be painted?
Old 20th April 2009, 00:28   #58
BANNED

10 Days of Linea Ownership - contd.

To add to previous update, Automatic Climate Control works very well. With temp set to 20 - 21 degrees, it gives uniform cooling. Only issue is, every time when you switch it ON, by default, the internal Car circulation if Off taking outside air in & I've to manually switch it ON everytime.

For 1st & 2nd Gears, I realised that with my earlier car, while changing gears I'm used to release clutch & pressing accelerator suddenly instead of gradually. In Linea, doing this makes car losing the power & feels dead starting in next gear. When I gradually release the clutch & simultaneously gradually press accelerator, the power-loss issue is almost not there. will come back with further observation when I get my car back from service station

Though Linea comes very close to my earlier car Ford Ikon in terms of Hadling, Manuevering & driving ease, well, Ford is a Ford & I'm missing it a bit. My friend whom I sent the car to sell it, called back & said its very good & he wants to keep it. Now I realise its good that I didn't choose SX4 or Verna.

After sales Service exp is a mixed bag. While there is nomajor issues with service guys are found quite humble with good intention, the finnesse is missing & their ability is a question mark. While interacting at service station, I found parts of Linea are not that easily available as expected though regular parts may be available. e.g. those chrome tapes/ plates on front bumper are not available & will take 4-5 days in case it needs to be replaced in my car. I heard this comment from 2-3 guys at service station. Keeping fingers crossed. the silver lining is long service intervals means less visits to service station & gradually with customer base increasing all parts may be available of-the-shelf

Regarding Sunfilm, am not sure. Earlier when I purchased Ford long back, I was not comfortable with sunfilm as I observed it limits visibility from side windows wtc while driving in late eve or dark. Have yet not applied it in Linea. Will test driving someones car in the dark.
Need advice from guru's here. What say Guru's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsPG View Post
I guess so, but not sure. if bumper black color is different thant body bip hop black, it might need to be repainted

Last edited by VahanPujari : 20th April 2009 at 00:32.
Old 20th April 2009, 00:35   #59
BANNED

Quote:
Sorry to hear about your misfortune :(. Hope you get the car back quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupinder View Post
sorry to hear about your damage.hope u get your car back early.
are linea spares easily available .yesterday i went to the tata dealership in ludhiana and a linea was for repair for sometime and they said linea parts are also slow to come .the car was waiting for a right rvm
I also heard that not ALL parts are readily available. Some parts takes 4-5 days time. Only time will tell. Right RVM should be available & if not should not take more than 2-3 days time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
I got the black Linea mats (Rs.1000). The rear one is a single piece. Though cleaning is a bit iffy, I prefer it that way as 3 mats might slip out of place.
Neo - I had 3 rear mats in my earlier car & never found them to slip even for an inch & they were after-market very regular mats. they overlap each other so well & even does not move with feet movement as dimensiowise they fit exactly in the space & do not have extra space to move

Last edited by VahanPujari : 20th April 2009 at 00:44.
Old 20th April 2009, 07:05   #60
TOR
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:

I guess so, but not sure. if bumper black color is different thant body bip hop black, it might need to be repainted
-the bumper comes in bare plastic(which happens to be black in color-ie there is no paint applied at all-black or otherwise).

-hence all bumpers will have to be painted the respective colors of the car which includes 'hip hop black' also.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks