Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2009, 18:20   #631
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari1976 View Post
forget the price, how much effort was involved in getting this shine?

the car seriously looks better than the brand new ones!
Huge efforts...

Timewise, almost equal to what I was spending on F1 wax - 2.5 hours

Pressurwise - with turtle wax while buffing & wiping of the haze wax, the pressure/ effort required is lesser than F1 wax.

PS: This Turtle Liquid wax is not exactly liquid per se. Its kinda paste albeit just a bit more liquid than a paste

I agree with you. I was considering WAXOYL treatment after monsso. Now I'm reconsidering to get it done in Apr'10 (end of 1 yr of car purchase)

EDIT: Can Bumper be waxed? is it advisable?

Last edited by VahanPujari : 21st September 2009 at 18:22.
Old 21st September 2009, 18:31   #632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
EDIT: Can Bumper be waxed? is it advisable?
Yes, Of course. In fact, its also a part of painted surface and I confirmed this from a 3M guy. I use Formula 1 wax and its on whole painted surface. After seeing the simply superb result from this turtle wax, I am going to hunt for it tomorrow itself in local market. Thanks for sharing this.

Last edited by nehamit : 21st September 2009 at 18:33.
Old 21st September 2009, 18:58   #633
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehamit View Post
Yes, Of course. In fact, its also a part of painted surface and I confirmed this from a 3M guy. I use Formula 1 wax and its on whole painted surface. After seeing the simply superb result from this turtle wax, I am going to hunt for it tomorrow itself in local market. Thanks for sharing this.
Oh. had I tested this earlier, I could have suggested you to buy it from opera house when you were here. The shop was suggested by FastLove.

Thanks FastLove for suggesting Sai nath shop. I got this turtle wax from there & looks to be genuine
Old 21st September 2009, 19:04   #634
BHPian

Where did you buy them

Quote:
I think it was Rs. 240 - 250 and it seems it'll last 8-10 applications (almost a year).
@VahanPujari - Can you tell me where did you pick it up?

Cheers

Sateesh
Old 21st September 2009, 19:33   #635
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
@VahanPujari - Can you tell me where did you pick it up?

Cheers

Sateesh
Sainath Auto, Opewra House, Mumbai

I guess it should be available online also though not sure about genuinity as lots of fakes also doing rounds
Old 21st September 2009, 20:22   #636
Senior - BHPian

Amit,

Awesome awesome
The red beauty is back to its best look now. I also want to do wax on my car but its a silver one and if it doesnt shine as i expect then i would be heartbroken after spending my 2 hours and a lot of effort so i dont do it

250 rs for wax is better than giving 1-2k for car detailers. I bet i wont find Turtle wax here even if i want to.
Old 22nd September 2009, 02:52   #637
BANNED

@coolboy ; There is dealer of turtle wax in west delhi .

Mr. Walia
M/S Ultimate Auto Tech Pvt. Ltd ,
94/A, Bidalapur Extn.
B- Block Uttamnager,
New Delhi – 59
Tel No: - 32004789, 9811480095

I hope they are still authorized.(They were last year )

Last edited by Trust_In_Thrust : 22nd September 2009 at 02:59.
Old 22nd September 2009, 02:52   #638
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Amit,

Awesome awesome
The red beauty is back to its best look now. I also want to do wax on my car but its a silver one and if it doesnt shine as i expect then i would be heartbroken after spending my 2 hours and a lot of effort so i dont do it

250 rs for wax is better than giving 1-2k for car detailers. I bet i wont find Turtle wax here even if i want to.
Thanks Rajat

I might still get the paint treatment done most probably by WAXOYL. Might do it after monsoon or in Apr'10 (1 yr ownership). Psychological comfort you know. Always wanted to do it, decided against it, then now am in for it. Depends on the mood - like I got the engine oil changed finally.

OK.on that part, am not feeling much of a difference after engine oil change. My suggestion - if you are not that finicky or sensitive like me - for Engine oil, its ok not to change it till 15K kms. It'll run fine. Even after flushing out the old oil, the SA told me that it would have run fine.
Old 22nd September 2009, 07:49   #639
BHPian

Hi VahanPujari,
Fabulous result there! Since you have done the waxing yourself could you also tell us the best way to go about it?
Thanks.
Old 22nd September 2009, 11:02   #640
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gostel View Post
Hi VahanPujari,
Fabulous result there! Since you have done the waxing yourself could you also tell us the best way to go about it?
Thanks.
Nothing special. In fact, I flounted the standard rules. I did it at noon 12.30 pm - 3 pm under the sun albeit under the shade of a tree. I did not even wash the car, it was just wiped clean at 8 am by the wash guy.

The standard way is to first wash the car thoroughly preferably with a car shampoo to remove any stray particles sticked to paint surface. Waxing is not to be done directly under the sun & not when car body is hot.

I took a F1 Foam Applicator to apply wax on the car taking 1 panel at a time i.e. each Fender, each Door, bonnet, boot & lastly the top - all one by one. Applied the wax in slow circular motion with Foam applicatior on a panel, once it dried to a haze, wiped it off with a microfiber cloth applying light pressure & moved to another panel to apply wax. Here also I flounted the rule - actually Top should be done first so when you wipe off haze, & when it falls on the doors, fenders below, you can always clean them before waxing them
Old 23rd September 2009, 13:12   #641
BANNED

Seat Height Adj Lever

Have observed Seat height for almost 10 days now. It has not moved a milimeter. Going to observe for some more days.

PS: I posted below on pg - 36 or 37 after my lonavala trip

Quote:
At Loanavala 2-3 times while idling, the car blurted out small whistle-type sound. When engaged in gear imdtly it vanished. What is that? Definitely nothing serious but want to get it checked
To which Prgmite replied that he also observed it.

Now Yday night it was raining heavily. I started from work for home & there was a heavy traffic jam at the road in front of my works. While car was idling in the traffic, that soft whistle-type sound again came. Again I looked around where its coming from, stopped vipers to check but the sound continued even when the car moved slightly ahead. I switched off the engine & reignited. The sound came just for a few seconds & goes off. Another observation for those 15 minutes in the traffic - the windscereen & all galsses got moist in a matter of few seconds as the temp inside I maintained at 25 degrees without AC as I was a bit wet. I pressed Max defogger button & the moist went away in 2-3 seconds. It happened 2-3 times, moist & defogger.
Is this soft whistle-type sound normal?
Both the times, it came while it was raining & heavily moist. No change was visible in RPMs, Temp meter etc.

Last edited by VahanPujari : 23rd September 2009 at 13:17.
Old 23rd September 2009, 13:28   #642
BHPian

Hi VP,

As you are a keen observer of things, just wanted to ask that, one of my relative who has bought Grande Punto Multijet E+ MJD recently is having a problem regarding the Average Consumption display, it is only hovering in the range of 7-8 Kmpl only.

But when he calculated manually the FE was 15.20 Kmpl with 100% AC in City B2B traffic, these FE figures are very good.

As the display is same in the Linea also, have you experienced this issue ? if yes, then what can be a probable solution to this ?
Old 23rd September 2009, 13:42   #643
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
Hi VP,

As you are a keen observer of things, just wanted to ask that, one of my relative who has bought Grande Punto Multijet E+ MJD recently is having a problem regarding the Average Consumption display, it is only hovering in the range of 7-8 Kmpl only.

But when he calculated manually the FE was 15.20 Kmpl with 100% AC in City B2B traffic, these FE figures are very good.

As the display is same in the Linea also, have you experienced this issue ? if yes, then what can be a probable solution to this ?
Most of the times full-tank manual FE calculations are almost similar to the FE shown on MID with a difference of +ve/-Ve 0.3 to 0.5 kmpl

However, Full-tank to full-tank, 2-3 times I observed a sizeable difference of around 1.5 to 2 kmpl. Could never find the reason. Could be the issue with the bunk or could be the difference of their defination for "full" - e.g. if the earlier bunk has done the fuel topping only till auto shut off of nozzle but if the next tie another bunk ignores auto shut off & keeps on feeling to the brim, it takes some litres more & your manual FE calculations go for a toss.

I'm thinking of asking everytime now to fill only till Auto shut of nozzle. Is that the more accurate way?

But in your friends case the diff is huge almost double - to the tune of 7-8 kmpl. can't be because of any such reason of bunks. He should check again on full-tank basis making sure any of the specific Trip (A or B) is not reseted in between. Has he checked this only once or multiple times?

Last edited by VahanPujari : 23rd September 2009 at 13:44.
Old 23rd September 2009, 13:44   #644
Senior - BHPian

@ Sanjeev, as we discussed, maybe he should disconnect the battery and let the systems reset and things may become ok. What do experts suggest?
Old 23rd September 2009, 13:50   #645
BHPian

Quote:
But in your friends case the diff is huge almost double - to the tune of 7-8 kmpl. can't be because of any such reason of bunks. He should check again on full-tank basis making sure any of the specific Trip (A or B) is not reseted in between. Has he checked this only once or multiple times?
Thanks for the reply VP, Yes, in his case there is a huge difference, he has manually calculated 2 times & the figure was almost the same with a difference of .5.

Till now the display for the Average Consumption shows 7-8 Kmpl only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
@ Sanjeev, as we discussed, maybe he should disconnect the battery and let the systems reset and things may become ok. What do experts suggest?
Amit Bhai, Yes, hopefully this option should solve it if there is a problem of display getting hanged, may be i am wrong as there has been no reports of display getting hanged, i conveyed this to him, but also told him to take the advise from TASS SA before going for a reset.

Last edited by sharma_sanjeevi : 23rd September 2009 at 13:51.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks