Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2009, 17:30   #676
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Any idea whether they will change my seat to the new one designed if i go after october. still the seat issue bugs me a lot. dont have time as it is hectic
Ashwin

I'm sure they will. Fiat has never said no to any customer for anything, atleast on t-bhp I've observed it.
Old 4th October 2009, 08:14   #677
BHPian

waiting for a response from the service center

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodivasanth View Post
Mine is a july manufactured car and it looks like fiat has not fixed this in my car. I will be taking my car to the service center to fix the number plate. I will show the seat height issue to the CRM and wait for his action. Hopefully they fix mine too.
Showed the seat issue to the CRM and am still waiting for his reply. Hopefully I recieve some positive response before the end of next week
Old 5th October 2009, 13:01   #678
BHPian

During my visit last week to Fortune, Nerul , i just checked with the SErvice Advisor if any Linea had got the Seat Assembly changed . He was completely unaware of any such issue and said that no one had approached them yet regarding this issue.

I am initiating change of my Seat assembly asap.

Amit - You did your seat assembly change at Fortune?

Last edited by FastLove : 5th October 2009 at 13:03.
Old 5th October 2009, 16:54   #679
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
During my visit last week to Fortune, Nerul , i just checked with the SErvice Advisor if any Linea had got the Seat Assembly changed . He was completely unaware of any such issue and said that no one had approached them yet regarding this issue.

I am initiating change of my Seat assembly asap.

Amit - You did your seat assembly change at Fortune?
Yes. When I interacted with Fortune Powai, he was not aware about the soution though he new about the issue

No. I got it done directly thro' Fiat & vendor Tata Johnson using Wasan Motors workshop facilities
Old 7th October 2009, 11:40   #680
Untouchables09

@VahanPujari

Awsome thread !
Loved the way you report small small things in details.

Old 7th October 2009, 12:16   #681
BANNED

Thanks, Untouchables09

Just trying to share what I experience with my car
Old 4th January 2010, 14:54   #682
BANNED

Nitrogen !!! Never

I always used to fill 34 psi normal air in all tyres in my Linea. Though I do not believe in Nitrogen-filling at all, I got it filled 3 months back just out of curiosity when I was at a petrol pump, with 33 psi in all tyres. The ride fellt a minor bit bumpy for a few days. After a few days I observed that the underside is scraping many bumps which it earlier never used to scrap. Got the pressure checked, it was 29-30 psi. Got to my own self again & refilled the normal air.

2 days back, I inflated the tyres with normal air with 36 psi in front tyres & 34 psi in rear tyres. NO DIFFERENCE IN RIDE AT ALL. This is the pressure I'm going to maintain now on with a variation to make rear also 36 psi when in full load. This time it was filled in cold tyres.

I shall never fill Nitrogen again.
Old 4th January 2010, 15:05   #683
Senior - BHPian

Hey Amit,

Where were you man since last 3 months ?

Happy New year 2010
Old 4th January 2010, 15:21   #684
BHPian

Hi Amit, welcome back !
I think your thread title require a change.
Old 4th January 2010, 15:50   #685
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Hey Amit,

Where were you man since last 3 months ?

Happy New year 2010
Hi Arvind (not sure about the name, am I right?)

Have been observing a self-imposed break !!

Happy New Year 2010 to you & family

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Hi Amit, welcome back !
I think your thread title require a change.
Yes, Binze. Shall do it
Old 4th January 2010, 15:55   #686
BANNED

31st October, 2009

I've been out of town travelling continuosly & have been away from Linea, able to get hands on her only on weekends when I come back. The car remained parked & covered during weekdays

On 31st Oct'09, when I reached back home after a week-long tour & started the car, it showed "ABS not available" message on MID. Waited for a day, still the message does not go off. Went to TASS. Attached the scanner/ ECU analyser. It throws up message - Rear right wheel speed sensor issue. SA checked it but found alright. Only when the car was raised on the ramp, the culprit was known. Rats !!! The ABS wire was dangling, duly cut/ chewed by rats. Got it repaired & came back. Bought a insect-removal spray.

Off to another weekly tour & this time used that spray on all the 4 tyres, inside of bonnet, road surrounding the tyres from where rats are expected to enter.
Came back after a week. No problem.

9th November, 2009

Again went on a weekly tour after observing the same rituals as above. Came back on 14th Nov'09, entered the car. Whew !! Front passenger art-leather seat cover was chewed at 3 places. Started the ignition praying god hoping no further damages & worrying about the main wiring assembly. Car started, no problems --- except AC fan not working. Rats again !!

As I was taking Linea on a 2000 km round trip to Gujarat from next week end, it was imperative to get it repaired.
Went to TASS. The guy checked all fuses, everything is ok. Then he bent beneath the Glovebox, & started checking. After 10 minutes, stood up & gave the verdict - rats have damaged the wiring & entire wiring under the dashboard needs to be checked to see what all is damaged. Had to leave the car there. The expected damages was to the tune of Rs. 3K - 4K.
Next day I went on tour. Afternoon SA called & said work is over & he is sending the car to my home. I asked about expenses, he said Rs. 745/-. No further damage but only AC/ fan wiring. SA delivered the car at home. I asked him to tie (chewing) tobacco pouches at various places inside the bonnet with threads. He did that. When I came back, I purchased a rat glue-strip trap, some naphalene balls & obviously some more tobacco pouches.
Old 4th January 2010, 16:22   #687
J.Ravi

Happy to see you back here, VahanPujari.

Old 4th January 2010, 16:27   #688
BANNED

21st November, 2009

Drove Linea to Gujarat on a 2371 km round trip.

In Nov’09, could not drive her much as I was continuously traveling. Finally, the opportunity came on 21st Nov’09 for a long long Gujarat round trip which turned out to be 2371 km long.

However, on 21st Nov’09, due to work commitments, could lend at Mumbai Airport only at 3:30 pm, reached home at 4:15 pm, had lunch, stuffed the baggage & could leave @ 5.30 pm (2 hours late than what was originally scheduled). Had a night halt at Surat. Left Surat @ 7 am & reached Junagadh @ 4 pm.

All my earlier complaints for not being able to put hands on Linea (due to work travelling) for more than a month, evaporated as soon as we left Mumbai. Even if I wish to be modest, I must say Linea is the best car on Highways on this side of Rs. 10 Lacs (even better than some cars > 10 Lacs) with its amazing Ride & Handling, Confidence-inspiring Braking, Superb HPS steering & wonderful hold/ grip/ stability on the road. The coolest experience was that on bends, Linea just cruises at the same speed like water flows without feeling the need to reduce the speed & without any body rolls. Its superior Driving Dynamics as mentioned above ensures this. Its like You just give commands, she'll exactly the same thing you want without any deviation.

This time I resisted on limiting the speed below 130 kmph all the time maintaining it in 100-120 kmph range as family was there. There were 4 adults & 2 kids in the car. The entire 505 Ltrs of the boot was filled to the fullest.

The Lineaexperience on Highway-driving was awsome & justified every bit of the risk taken of driving 2371 kms.

During the Gujarat tour, Linea travelled in all kinds of tarrains - from excellent Gujarat Highways to the kuccha roads with sharp & big potholes & stones/ stone-chips, covering Surat, Junagadh, Mendarda, Sasan Gir Lion Sanctuary, Keshod, Satodad-Vavdi, Dhoraji, Sultanpur, Sanali. Except for Surat, Junagadh, Keshod & Dhoraji, all others are small villages.

Linea (Petrol) FE Update - 1

Distance - 209 kms (Highway - from Surat to outskirts of Mumbai - Virar)
FE - 17.1 kmpl on MID (100% AC ON, 4 adults + 2 kids + every inch of 505 Ltr boot stuffed)
Avg Speed - 58 kmph on MID

Old 4th January 2010, 16:39   #689
BANNED

Linea (Petrol) FE Update - 2 (FULL TANK)

Distance - 560 kms (Highway - from Junagadh to Surat)
FE - 15.2 kmpl on MID (100% AC ON, 4 adults + 2 kids + every inch of 505 ltr boot stuffed)
Avg Speed - 57 kmph on MID

FE as per Manual tank-full method was 14.6 kmpl (diff MID vs manual - 4%)
560 kms is the highest run in a full-tank by my car. And there was still 8-10 ltrs petrol available, it would have easily covered 650 kms. And 15.2 kmpl is the highest FE got on a full-tank drive/ stretch

Few snaps of the car & also the Beasts (@ Sasan Gir Sanctuary)

Old 4th January 2010, 17:01   #690
BANNED

25th November, 2009

Wanna share an incident at Junagadh.

All my brother's friends took TD of my Linea. Actually, it seems Linea has generated a lot of interest in a city like Junagadh. One of them told me that he liked it very much & wanted to purchase it since beginning. But all his family members & elders warned him & he admitted that he could not go against them.

He said that thereafter he brought his OHC VTEC to Honda dealer to exchange it with Jazz or ANHC. But the dealer gave him quote of 1.5 Lac for OHC VTEC which put him off.

24th November, 2009

Sharing another experience

I've never been a fan of feeling nitrogen in tyres. However 1.5 month back, when I was getting fuel filled, the nitrogen was available at that pump. So just out of curiosity & just to give it a try got nitrogen filled for Rs. 100 with 2-times free refill in next 6 months.

Read on forums that if you usually fill 33 psi normal air, then for nitrogen the appropriate pressure would be 30 psi. However, I got them fill 33 psi nitrogen. The ride became a bit bumpier which got alright after say 15-20 days.

I took Linea to Junagadh & after being there for 3-4 days, have noticed that the speed brakers which were not scrapping the bottom in the 1st 1-2 days have started scrapping it. So got the nitrogen pressure checked. It was 28 psi & lower. Within a month of filling nitrogen, the pressure reduced from 33 psi to 28 psi & below. So much for nitrogen retaining pressure for 3-4 months.

Got the normal air filled again to make it 33 psi. And those specific speed brakers stopped scraping the bottom.

Derived 1 conclusion - Nitrogen does not serve any purpose & in fact, the lower psi scrapes bumps which should not be scraped with normal air at higher psi. I think maintaining > 33 psi normal air (which I later revised to 36 psi & now probably be revising to 37-38 psi) means better ground clearance & also excellent Ride.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks