Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2010, 17:35   #691
BANNED

5th December 2009

All along the Gujarat trip, I felt AC cooling has reduced. Actually, its not the cooling, but the blower speed seems to be reduced. This has happened after the AC/ blower wiring damaged by rat menace which was repaired by TASS. Immediately after that, The car remained parked for 4 days & then I straightaway took her to Gujarat.

So, went to TASS. Technician put some cooling meter/ guage against the AC grill & gave verdict - Cooling is alright. I said thats what I'm also saying, cooling seems alright but the blower speed is reduced. Look at the overall cooling of the cabin, its reduced considerably. A senior technician came, went under the Glove box, after 5 minutes of hard efforts, he pulled out bunch of wastages - small pieces of papers, a big polythelene bag, lots of other stuff - all collected by rats. Don't know if rats entered again or it was the stuff lying from earlier rat episodes. Got it cleaned & AC came to its chilling best

9th December, 2009

Called Service Manager to check whether my car is in the list for replacement of Clutch Slave Cylinder (CSC). He promptly said its there in the list. I was surprised & asked how do you remember my specific cars. He said all cars manufactured before Oct'09, they're proactively changing the CSC.

16th December, 2009

Came back from a work tour after a week. The 1st thing I'm happy to notice is that it seems the rats have not found shelter in Linea attractive this time around. At least it seems so.

Tobacco pouches working wonders coupled with Glue strip, napthalene balls, Bagon spray etc etc

Shall have to allocate some time to take Linea to TASS for CSC replacement (my car is there in the list being Mar'09 mfrd).

There are lots of small scratches thanks to the washer guys (during my gujarat trip, it got washed/ cleaned by several guys). Had not waxed her since last 2-3 months. SHall have to do it ASAP.

20th December, 2009

One of the seniors in my office took lift in my car twice in last 10 days. He had Honda City earlier & now also has Honda CRV. The first time he said the car is very very stable (it was Mumbai B2B traffic) & feels very solid. 2nd time i.e. on last Friday, he remarked its stability kind of feels tank-like while riding in it. I don't think he is a car enthusiast & knows about the tag 'tank"

24th December, 2009

My car badly needs a round of waxing. Its frustating that I'm not able to spare time dues to commitments since last several Sundays

Today while coming back from office, I hit a big pothole on W.E. highway at high speed. There was a buig thud & my heart sank. However, nothing seems to have damaged/ happened.

Still not able to spare time for CSC change. May be I'll do it after 1-1.5 month at the time of 1.5 month service.
Old 4th January 2010, 18:07   #692
BANNED

26th December, 2009

For the First Time, today I came back more than delighted from Wasan Motors TASS (though had to spend almost entire day there). Reached there at 12.30 pm for CSC change & left it at 6.30 pm.

As usual it started with usual dillydallying. As soon as I entered, SA attended imdtly. Apart from CSC change, there was nothing except for some noise coming which I asked to check. Then as usual car kept lying, no one attended for 30 minutes, its 1 o'clock & lunch time till 2. At 1:45 pm or 2 pm, the work started. The technician was good this time, it took only 30 minutes for him to get the CSC changed.

The old CSC

The New CSC

Alongwith CSC, this new Lever is also changed

I noticed that there is considerably drop in Coolant level - its almost 1 inch lower than min level.

This has happened 2nd or 3rd time. A month back TASS topped up the level. Earlier I got it checked for leakage & there was no leakage. Why coolant level reduces? The only reason came my mind is that during my Gujarat tour, I used the heater. Earlier also Max defogger button's usage lead to Coolant level reduction. Any other reason you could think of?

My Linea was always without any rattles/ squeaks & super silent. However since last 1.5 months, on uneven road surfaces, there is this "gud... gud" kinda noise which started coming. It was audible only when AC & Music are off. This time I asked SA to check for Link Rod & Anti Roll Bars. However, he just put the car on the ramp & tightened the bolts of Engine guard. Went on trial with an experienced Head-Technician. The noise was still there. He said it could be due to link rod. They changed front left side Anti roll ball joint under warranty & voila the noise is gone. This time SA & TASS are going to get 10 out of 10 points, though I ended up spending almost 6 hours but came out a happy man.

Now, what is the effect of CSC change? The clutch seems to have become smoother i.e. the reverse pressure on the foot is considerably reduced. Though I'll have to observe it for a couple of days to check the effect.
Old 4th January 2010, 18:22   #693
BANNED

27th December, 2009

3.5 hours of High Calorie Burning....
What is it? Excercise/ Yoga? Football Practice ?
Naah. Its the tough DIY Wax polishing on my car. However, Satisfaction guaranteed. Every minute of those 3.5 hours is worth it. At the end of it, got so tired that I did not wax'ed the roof.

Old 4th January 2010, 18:25   #694
Senior - BHPian

Hi

hey amit,

I am glad that you are back from your self imposed exile.

Hope to see you more again and again here. hope rats doesnt rattle your linea again!!

Geeash

Last edited by geeash : 4th January 2010 at 18:27.
Old 4th January 2010, 18:57   #695
Senior - BHPian

One more question amit

do you find the stock headlamp adequate?.

please go to my thread and post your valuble views
Old 4th January 2010, 20:01   #696
BHPian

Welcome back amit. Nice to have your insightful jottings on Linea back on TBHP. After that DIY, your Linea is looking smashingly hot.
Old 5th January 2010, 02:00   #697
Senior - BHPian

The linea looks stunning. Hours well spent.
Old 5th January 2010, 10:56   #698
Distinguished - BHPian

Its quite an effort to remember every point and then to put it out on the forum for the benefit of others. Good work there mate!

Any latest mileage updates?
Old 5th January 2010, 13:44   #699
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
do you find the stock headlamp adequate?.
Well, both Low & High beams need to be realigned slightly upwards, am going to get it done in 15K service which is not far. THis should solve it.

Low beam is actually very low & hence feel inadequate. I normally use Low & High beams within city & also most times Fog lamps (front & rear)

If you're asking from changing bulbs perspective - No, I'm an OEM stickler & may stick to that as long as it does not become inevitable. Also there are chances of warranty getting void

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Welcome back amit. Nice to have your insightful jottings on Linea back on TBHP. After that DIY, your Linea is looking smashingly hot.
Thanks, Kapil. Just trying to share what I experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
The linea looks stunning. Hours well spent.
I can bet on that !! I was dead tired after that & could not wax the roof. But the shine gives me smile daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Its quite an effort to remember every point and then to put it out on the forum for the benefit of others. Good work there mate!

Any latest mileage updates?
Thanks, nkrishnap

The mileage updates are on previous page post # 368

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1663818
Old 5th January 2010, 17:54   #700
BANNED

I've 2 queries...
  • When the Sun is in front, the glare from shining Dash is too much, I feel. Also at every TASS visit, they do the interior cleaning & get the dash to its shining best which actually increases the glare. Someone suggested to keep the rubber mat or something similar on dash. Any other suggestions ?
  • While I was waxing the car, I moved my plam across the paint surface. I could feel so many particles which are stuck to the surface. How do I remove them?
Old 5th January 2010, 18:09   #701
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
I've 2 queries...
  • When the Sun is in front, the glare from shining Dash is too much, I feel. Also at every TASS visit, they do the interior cleaning & get the dash to its shining best which actually increases the glare. Someone suggested to keep the rubber mat or something similar on dash. Any other suggestions ?
  • While I was waxing the car, I moved my plam across the paint surface. I could feel so many particles which are stuck to the surface. How do I remove them?
1) Glare. I have tried everything but things have not helped. Best is to put white paper, but that also does not help. The problem is there in many other cars also. IMO, rather than rubber part, the color of the object that you place matters more. I have tried whtie papers, but that hasn't helped. Not sure about black things.

2) A good wash with very very mild detergent. I suggest using soap like Cinthol or something. Dissolve a very little amount in water and then try washing the car. Avoid harsh detergents like clothes washing powder or clothes washing soap.
Old 6th January 2010, 08:44   #702
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
While I was waxing the car, I moved my plam across the paint surface. I could feel so many particles which are stuck to the surface. How do I remove them
It needs claying mate!!
Old 6th January 2010, 13:24   #703
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
1) Glare. I have tried everything but things have not helped. Best is to put white paper, but that also does not help. The problem is there in many other cars also. IMO, rather than rubber part, the color of the object that you place matters more. I have tried whtie papers, but that hasn't helped. Not sure about black things.
I think white will add to the glare. I always experienced it when Newspaper is on dash in my earlier car. Will have to give mat or something in Black a try

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
It needs claying mate!!
Yep. That was the 1st thing came to my mind
But I just spent hard core efforts in waxing, do not want to do anything for atleast a month !! THis Sunday, as aagoswami mentioned, shall give Formula 1 Wash & Wax shampoo to the cleaning guy. If that does the trick, nothing like it
Old 8th January 2010, 15:48   #704
BANNED

Got 38 psi in front & 35 psi air in rear tyres filled yday. No diference in Ride. What's bumpy ride ?

Jokes apart, Linea has a class-leading Ride. I don't think slightly higher pressure in tyres would make much of a difference in Ride. On the other hand, this higher pressure is actually helping in avoiding underbody scraping a few bumps which scraped at 29-30 psi pressure
Old 8th January 2010, 16:22   #705
BHPian

This is very wierd. When I filled in Nitrogen to 33 PSI and 31 PSI in front and rear, the ride got extremly bumpy. I prompty got it gown to 30 PSI and 29 PSI and then the ride was just as before..like you glide on a magic carpet!! I wonder why two Linea are different, it is because of Nitrogen or because mine is a MJD?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks