Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2009, 12:35   #76
BANNED

Thanx Amit. Earlier during my buying decisions, I've gone thro' both these threads & all threads related to Fiat Service extensively. However, again read thro' both the threads, quite informative & helpful to decide on my query
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
@Vahan,

Sorry for barging in on the thread, hope these experiences will benefit you in choosing the dealer for the Service.

regards,
Sanjeev
No issues, Sanjeev. Its very much related & helpful to my query

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
In any case, I guess premium fuels are un-adulterated compared to Regular fuels. maybe its better to stick to premium petrol IMO.
Yday, interacted with fiat-trained service advisor. he also says better to use regular unleaded petrol. the reasoning most of them give is basis why to pay extra cost when you're not sure what they offer in premium. this guy had an additional view as well. he says probability of adulteration is higher in premium petrols as they are priced higher anyways. hence he suggested to fuel regular unleaded petrol & use System-G which is what he does. The idea is here one has the additives presence in fuel under his own control rather than assuming premium petrols would contain them.

This is what my thought processes are right now - I'll use regular unleaded till my car has done first 1500 kms, thereafter i'll switch to premium.

Anyways got my car back yday evening after bumper repairs, will post update in some time
Old 26th April 2009, 02:01   #77
BANNED

Update - Service station experience for repairs

Time for update.
Got my car back on thursday after change of bumper. As mentioned earlier, initially i thought I would not go for insurance claims (advised by friends) as the bumper cost on website shows rs. 2,500 only so i thought total cost would be around 3500-4000/-. however, service station advisor said the bumper could not be repaired as its plastic & needs to be changed. I always generally change the damaged items thro' insurance claims not even keep a small dent in my car. this time the imp item was the time it'll take for insurance claim process to release my car.

advisor said right side fender will also need to be repaired & repainted & chrome moulding tapes on bumper may need to get changed. These chome stripes cost around rs. 5,500/- & were not in stock causing 2-4 days delay further. i showed him that it has not even hit or bent even 1 degree as the impact was very very small & did not reach there. i said check if you could do it without it as time is an imp factor.

claim survey got done in 1 day & advisor said the car would be ready by next tuesday. i was shocked & said i want it urgently. he said car will be ready by saturday but the insurance company will take 1-2 days to process the cashless option which the dealer does not have with this company. i said i'll pay right now & will claim later but get the car ready by sat. Then, 2 days travelling in cab (with around rs. 1250/- cost) made me impatient. I sent him an SMS if he can manage to repair & give back by friday. he called back & said he can understand & trying to complete everything today only (that was thursday). a very very pleasant surprise. i was continuosly in touch with him on thursday, he says car will be ready by 4-4.30 pm.

then came a shocker at around 2 pm. he called & says insurance company will not able to do the re-inspection after repairs will be over by 4.30 pm & hence will not be able to deliver. I pulled some strings, spoke to the head of insurance company (I know him & other officials thro' business relations), got the surveyor agreed to do the re-inspection. I left my office around 4.30 pm & reached service station around 6.15 pm. The car was ready & was bewing washed, surveyor was expected in 10 minutes. so waited for some time & then checked the car. Everything seemed ok till I took full circle around the car. WHOA, the FIat emplem on the boot which I asked to put (someone stole it earlier) was not put! I brought it to the notice of them. the guy says its not in stock he'll do it when i come for 1st service. i said i dont want to keep the boot without emblem & it was in stock when the job card was prepared. He went inside & came out with an emblem but it was front grill emblem couldn't fit on the boot. I insisted & asked him to check again with the store. He came out with the right emblem saying its the only 1 piece left & sixed it on the boot. I got scared by seeing him fixing it. There are 2 little screws-like thingies on it which are inserted to 2 holes in the boot fixed with a little push. plus there is m-seal like glue on the backside which sticks to the body. it can be easily removed. Pray how many days it'll remain. Finally, I drove out of workshop at around 7.15 pm

The repair job seemed very good till now.
got impressed by the speed with which they repaired the car much before the deadline they gave.
total bill was 9600-odd vs initial estimate of around 11-12k
as soon as the bill generated, recd an SMS stating " your car no. xxxxxxx is repaired & is ready for delivery", understood earlier (on t-bhp) that tata has this system in place.
car was washed thoroughly & even the inetriors was cleaned in front of me. in fact, i would say tata also seems to have this as a regular practice. every time i've visited the workshop, they've washed the car (couple of times even though i went there fopr the estimate not leaving the car there, still they washed it). its a very good practice /gesture gives a good effect on the customer.

overall, am satisfied with the workshop, still it was only the 1st repair. reserving my comments till 1st service how they do.

PS: as mentioned earlier in this thread, an exe from the other dealer is coming tomorrow to my place for a Blue n Me issue for which I sent a mail to fiat. the followup from this other dealer for deputing his exe was top class. 2 days back I told him that i won't be able to take car to their workshop & he said he'll send someone on sunday. I was not expecting someone to come without reminder but then recd a call from him today eve that someone is coming tomorrow (sunday).
Good going Fiat-Tata. this is the way to go. Exceed customer's expectations & you've got a Winner product (Linea) in your hand
Old 26th April 2009, 02:49   #78
BHPian

dude your car looks amazing. I'm still kicking myself for getting a logan diesel last year, should've waited. One thing tho, burn those floor matts, they're killing the cars look
Old 26th April 2009, 09:07   #79
Senior - BHPian

about petrol

My dealer said that the premium additives leave a thin layer of film behind when it get used up and when again filled with ordinary petrol it doesnt get washed away thus compromising the performance of engine. And also in rural areas premium petrol is not available and so it is always better to fill same quality of petrol regularly.

When i enquired in shell (ordinary petrol) they said it is 91 octane petrol.
Old 27th April 2009, 01:47   #80
BANNED

pics with damage & after repairs

Here are the pics with Fiat badge stolen (boot) & after putting it back
& also with damaged bumper & after repairs
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090412027.jpg  

Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090412040.jpg  

Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-200904120162.jpg  

Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090412017.jpg  

Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090412038.jpg  

Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090412039.jpg  

Old 27th April 2009, 03:30   #81
BANNED

Linea Owners

Is anyone facing issues with SMS reader? Mine is not working at all. Neither does it read the SMS, nor the setting panel -> Message Reader - Inbox shows any messages.

Dealer's fiat exe came today & checked extensively. but had no solution to this. he says its normal. when he checked with fiat, he was told that SMS is recd in B&M only when you're out of coverage (in mobile) & during that time a message is recd. I don'y buy this theory

pls let me know if any of you are successfully able to use SMS reader
Old 27th April 2009, 06:23   #82
Senior - BHPian

@vahanpujari

The message reader is compatible only with certain phones. Have a look at compatible phones and features here

Fiat Blue&me

Most of the sony erricsson phones are compatible.
Old 27th April 2009, 10:44   #83
BHPian

@Vahan,

The Car looks as fresh as new after the repairs

By any chance are you travelling daily via the Eastern Express Highway, as i have seen the same color Linea with a Stolen FIAT Logo.
Old 27th April 2009, 11:06   #84
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
@Vahan,

The Car looks as fresh as new after the repairs

By any chance are you travelling daily via the Eastern Express Highway, as i have seen the same color Linea with a Stolen FIAT Logo.
Thanks.
I travel daily via Western Express Highway
Old 27th April 2009, 12:05   #85
BHPian

Blue&Me Phone Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Linea Owners

Is anyone facing issues with SMS reader? Mine is not working at all. Neither does it read the SMS, nor the setting panel -> Message Reader - Inbox shows any messages.

Dealer's fiat exe came today & checked extensively. but had no solution to this. he says its normal. when he checked with fiat, he was told that SMS is recd in B&M only when you're out of coverage (in mobile) & during that time a message is recd. I don'y buy this theory

pls let me know if any of you are successfully able to use SMS reader
Dear Amit,
I posted this in one of the thread. Check your mobile phone with this guide listing all compatible phones with How Tos.
Please visit Fiat Blue&me
Old 29th April 2009, 12:12   #86
BANNED

Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehamit View Post
Dear Amit,
I posted this in one of the thread. Check your mobile phone with this guide listing all compatible phones with How Tos.
Please visit Fiat Blue&me
Thanks, Dr. Amit. My Nokia 6265 is not there in the list but then it says, there are more mobile models compatible but not mentioned in that list. Let me know if SMS reader is working with your mobile.
Also calling all Linea Owners - Is SMS reader working in your car? with which handset?

3 points, on updates as below:
  • Mine is Petrol Linea. Have yet not faced any niggling issues with Plastics/ Build Quality. Nor have yet faced any rattling sound in front or rear (800 kms run but only in Mumbai city roads). The only sound I've come across which is an issue is tyre-road friction sound which is a bit on a higher side particularly when I revv up in 1st & 2nd gear.
  • The issue I'm facing is that in the 1st & 2nd gear, the car sometimes randomly picks up with lot of power while some times its totally dead refuse to go ahead. Any Petrol Linea owners facing this?
  • I observed the reverse pressure of clutch is higher in Linea. So when I release the my foot pressure, the clutch quickly comes back to fully un-pressed position causing a power-loss. If I keep slight presure on clutch ( so its released just 25%-30% from fully pressed position, there is no power-loss & there is no revving up / screetching either making me to believe that to be normal position. Am I right?
  • Getting mileage of only 9.XX (petrol) as per MID, with 100% AC on & 100% driving in Mumbai bumper-to-bumper traffic. MID shows Average speed of only 20 kmph. Seems to be low as saw most of petrol-Linea owners getting 10.xx - 11.xx in city driving
Old 29th April 2009, 14:05   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Linea Owners

My Nokia E71 does not work for Message reader. I have tried it several times but no luck, since I dont use SMS much its ok. But this seems to be a inherent problem with Nokia devices, also I dont buy the Fiat execs idea.

Regarding your other issues, I think a saperate thread for Linea problems has to be opened.

I had problems with the Accelarator Sensor, now that problem is fixed. I will have a detailed review on my thread, since I have covered 2.8K now.

Last edited by downsouth : 29th April 2009 at 14:09.
Old 29th April 2009, 17:31   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The issue I'm facing is that in the 1st & 2nd gear, the car sometimes randomly picks up with lot of power while some times its totally dead refuse to go ahead. Any Petrol Linea owners facing this?
I am facing this problem, exactly like you. But i havent checked if this problem is connected to switching on/off the a/c. I sometimes feel that the car is good on pick up and sometimes sluggish.
I own a nokia N82. It doesnt read SMS from mine but my wife has a sony erricsson will check it out this sunday with it.
I am getting a mileage of 11.6 kmpl from MID but its been only one week since i got the car.
Old 29th April 2009, 20:47   #89
BHPian

Exactly same experience here.

Sometimes the car feels like a python ... absolutely refusing to move, sometimes it picks up fast.
Also, as soon as it crosses 3000rpm, the engine starts roaring.

I did 400km till now in daily peak-traffic.
My MID shows 9.x kmpl & avg.speed is 18kmph. I have never crossed 60kmph till now.

Will try to take it out on a long spin this weekend, so that it gets used to higher speeds also.
Old 29th April 2009, 21:29   #90
BHPian

Guys open her up a little and take her over 3000rpm and trust me you will love the sweet sound and the performance. Just be patient..run her in for about a 1000kms (more from the point of view of running in the other mechanicals, rather than the engine)

Have a petrol Linea and have not had any instances of sudden surges of power or drops in power. I guess it's got more to do with how one releases the clutch and also uses the accelerator pedal. Anyways if i do face any such issue will post it.

I guess all us Linea buyers took a chance against popular opinion and went for the car hence we tend to worry about the slightest issues and seem to make it larger than it actually appears to be. Its normal. Each brand and model is a little different. Lets not worry so much

Blue & me is fickle, but I don't really use it so can't really comment on the sms reading front. But while setting it up I had no issues either with it or the media player.

Last edited by pranava999 : 29th April 2009 at 21:37.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks