Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2009, 22:56   #91
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
Guys open her up a little and take her over 3000rpm and trust me you will love the sweet sound and the performance.
couldn't have agreed more, pranava

anyways, caressed her a lot till now & got aggressive & a bit wild with her today. took her to 120 km & applied break suddenly (the road / traffic did not allow me to go beyond that else was in that mood today). did it 3-4 times. the break is very very good & the car feels planted & stable. could not feel ABS kicking in, may have missed out the brake pulse.

ODO shows 900 km & from tomorrow there are going to be no restraints & she'll be driven as fast & as 'peppily' as earlier Ford Ikon used to be.
Old 1st May 2009, 09:00   #92
BHPian

VP - Firstly , sad to see the DIAT logo stolen. I hate to see the Linea FIAT logo stolen Saw couple of Silver Lineas at Fortune with logos missing :(

Regaring your queries :
1. I do feel that the lower gears dont give you peppy feeling and it is sluggish. This has been reported by almost everybody.
2. The clutch press is longer than any other car i guess . i feel that will take time to adjust.
3. Blue &ME is an upgradable software. Also, your phone firmware can be upgraded. I am sure that future firmwares will help use all B&M features. The compatibility factor is to do with the bluetooth stack or the bluetooth version on your phone and your cmpatibility with the B&M in your car. These are early days and these issues will be ironed out as in any other features on a (high-end)phone.

Also, i guess we need to have an exclusive thread dedicated to discuss the B&M and other technology related aspect of Linea.
Old 1st May 2009, 13:50   #93
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
VP - Firstly , sad to see the DIAT logo stolen. I hate to see the Linea FIAT logo stolen Saw couple of Silver Lineas at Fortune with logos missing :(
Thanx FastLove. I got the emblem affixed again praying it stays. Ironically, without emplem, those 2 holes there & round shape looks like Smiley. This time if its stolen, I'm going to buy 2 small round shape (Dots) stickers & 1 another sticker & make it a proper Smiley there !!

Anyways, taken her again to highway today & took her to 100-120 kmph. Applied the breaks suddenly. This time ABS kicked in twice. It seems car is much smoother now. The squeaking noise of break also seems to have gone.

The tyre noise is an irritant, agreed with -xplora-. It just does not go away. I've even made the air pressure to 33 psi in front & 30 psi in rear tyres.

Mileage for these short trips (65% Highway, 30% city with 100% AC ON) shows 11 kmpl on MID. I think it should give 12-13 kmpl on highways.
Old 1st May 2009, 14:09   #94
BHPian

hehe . i was joking to one of my friend saying that we should now device a new logo that is Magnetic . So when you are going to park it for a long time you remove the magnetic logo , put it in your bag and there it is - Safe Also, the mechanism also has to be such that the Logo cant be removed while you are driving you know the reason why . hehe. I see atleast 30% of cars in mumbai without logo. Every Brand Logo is attacked. FIAT looks even more inviting i guess !

I liked your smiley thought also btw. hehe.

I have not noticed any noise thing you guys talking about . or maybe i am too engulfed with the beauty to notice the flaws.

I will be doing a tank full to know the average . the electronic display may not be reliable.
Old 2nd May 2009, 11:42   #95
BANNED

Calling Linea Owners

Has anyone done the Paint protection treatment? I mean the one by 3M or by The Professional Car Care Centre (I guess TPC3 does valuguard)

would like to know the effectiveness. Mine is dark color flamenco red. The problem is compounded as she is always parked in Open & gets dusty. On top of that I put on Body Cover. hence am scared of spoiling the paint.
Old 2nd May 2009, 14:00   #96
BHPian

I think this Fiat logo theft is especially in Mumbai.
The taxi wallahs might be putting it on their fiats. LOL.
Old 2nd May 2009, 14:23   #97
Senior - BHPian

Of the 3M treatment

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Calling Linea Owners

Has anyone done the Paint protection treatment? I mean the one by 3M or by The Professional Car Care Centre (I guess TPC3 does valuguard)

would like to know the effectiveness. Mine is dark color flamenco red. The problem is compounded as she is always parked in Open & gets dusty. On top of that I put on Body Cover. hence am scared of spoiling the paint.
Well I do not own a Linea. However, I have got the 3M treatment done on my Opel Corsa and Skoda Laura. It is very good and makes the car easier to clean. You will also enjoy the wet look. It lasts about a year after which you need to have it applied again. I plan to give my Palio the 'treatment' sometime this month.

Cheers,
Old 2nd May 2009, 14:27   #98
BHPian

@raveendra,
1 year seems like a long enough duration for 1500 bucks spent (is that how much it costs?).
Can you tell me where to get it done in Hyderabad?

I am eager to do this, as its been a pain cleaning my car and maintaining its shine :(
I put the car cover at night but still dust comes through.

I first dust it away with a cloth, then use a wet cloth and then dry cloth. takes almost 30-min to 1hr.
Hope with this I dont have to go through so many cycles.

Last edited by neotraveller : 2nd May 2009 at 14:32.
Old 2nd May 2009, 14:37   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
@raveendra,
1 year seems like a long enough duration for 1500 bucks spent (is that how much it costs?).

I am eager to do this, as its been a pain cleaning my car and maintaining its shine :(

I first dust it away with a cloth, then use a wet cloth and then dry cloth. takes almost 30-min to 1hr.
I got the treatment done at Orange Auto, Sanatnagar (A.S.S. for G.M.) Orange does it for other makes too and I got my P.Padmini the treatment there. The Laura was done by Mahavir Motors (A.S.S. for Skoda) - now in Sanatnager. New Mars, Moosapet/Kukatpally too does a similar treatment.

About your method of cleaning, the first thing to go on your dirty car is plain water, this will remove all larger particles, grit etc., if you wipe first, you are likely to scratch the paint.

Cheers,
Old 2nd May 2009, 14:43   #100
BHPian

I thought, in the car maintenance thread I read that you should not wash the car frequently. That's why I was reluctant to wash it/pour water every day.

So seems like I have to ask my Fiat service center for this. Are there no 3M-carcare showrooms in hyd?
Old 3rd May 2009, 00:55   #101
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Well I do not own a Linea. However, I have got the 3M treatment done on my Opel Corsa and Skoda Laura. It is very good and makes the car easier to clean. You will also enjoy the wet look. It lasts about a year after which you need to have it applied again. I plan to give my Palio the 'treatment' sometime this month.

Cheers,
Thanks, Ravveendrra. I'll go for it

Can anyone in Mumbai tell me which are the treatements available in Mumbai & cost
Old 3rd May 2009, 11:39   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
@raveendra,

I got an SMS the other day for Rs. 1111/- for the coat. However, if you are in a "dust" prone city like Ahmedabad, you better water wash the car even if its every other day. Using dry cloth to dust it and using wet cloth and dry is not a good idea, you will definately scrape the clear coat. You dont need to hose the car down, just pour little water from the top of the car all sides and let it trickle down, that will remove the abrassive sand particles, then do the regular cloth thing. The solution for cleaning for me since I have the black, the problem is even more, I have started cleaning it myself and its a pretty good work out as well so much for the creative exercise, the day I am feeling lazy I give it to the driver to do it ..lol.

Coats will help for sure on the dust, water sliding front and also the wet look, though you might want to look at other options ie paint sealents vs wax debates .
Old 3rd May 2009, 12:44   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, Ravveendrra. I'll go for it

Can anyone in Mumbai tell me which are the treatements available in Mumbai & cost

Fortune Motors at Nerul has a 3M Car Detailing Section. You can contact them on 09223301608 or call Yogesh on 9321070730 and check for other details. I had done the treatments external as well as internal for my marina there. External Paint Protection was 4 years back so dont remeber the Price. Interior cleaning cost me 1100 bucks. The results were good.
Old 3rd May 2009, 23:34   #104
BANNED

Thanx, FastLove, Xplora,

Guys - I did the waxing today on my Flamenco Red Linea. Used Formula 1 Carnauba Wax (that Round pack). I think I've used more than 1/3rd of it in tis 1 application. Is it enough or I should have used more? don't know how much should I have applied.

It sure is a sure way of burning calories particularly when I do not have enough extra calories. took me 90 minutes in this summer & almost got dehydrated.

But end of the day it gives a good feeling, real ownership feeling I may add. The car looks awsome with shining & very smooth surface paint
Old 4th May 2009, 00:16   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Thanx, FastLove, Xplora,

Guys - I did the waxing today on my Flamenco Red Linea. Used Formula 1 Carnauba Wax (that Round pack). I think I've used more than 1/3rd of it in tis 1 application. Is it enough or I should have used more? don't know how much should I have applied.

It sure is a sure way of burning calories particularly when I do not have enough extra calories. took me 90 minutes in this summer & almost got dehydrated.

But end of the day it gives a good feeling, real ownership feeling I may add. The car looks awsome with shining & very smooth surface paint

The turtle wax box is good for 4 applications odd, dont know about the formula 1 though. Make sure you remove the extra wax if it is there on the surface. You can also top it up with a spray on detailer for that wet look.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks