Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2009, 00:49   #106
BANNED

999 kms

ODO now shows 999 km. Time to take her on a long drive & stretch her to the maximum?
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090427009.jpg  

Old 4th May 2009, 07:24   #107
BHPian

@vahan,

So you finally did the waxing yourself instead of 3M thing?
Please post some pics too.

I am afraid of doing it myself .. don't know how much wax to use, how to evenly apply and all.
Will better get it done at the dealership.
Old 4th May 2009, 07:31   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Fortune Motors at Nerul has a 3M Car Detailing Section
They get the same guys from 3M for doing the same at their premises and charge you 1k extra. It is better to locate the authorised 3M dealer and go there for the same.
Old 4th May 2009, 10:54   #109
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
@vahan,

So you finally did the waxing yourself instead of 3M thing?
Please post some pics too.

I am afraid of doing it myself .. don't know how much wax to use, how to evenly apply and all.
Will better get it done at the dealership.
Neo - I only did waxing. Am looking at Paint Protection treatment separately. Waxing is very easy. I had a Formula 1 Carnauba wax Dibba when I purchased Ikon 5.5 years back. Get Formula 1 or Turtle wax & it takes only 1 hour, tookme longer as i was doing it only 2nd time. 1st time I did it some 5 years back

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
They get the same guys from 3M for doing the same at their premises and charge you 1k extra. It is better to locate the authorised 3M dealer and go there for the same.
3M operates only through Dealerships of manufacturers they've tied up with. They do not have separate specific "3M dealers"/ branches
Old 4th May 2009, 11:18   #110
BHPian

I went to 3M website, they listed that every manufacturer has the "3M car detailing" available in their workshop.
They dint mention about any authorized 3M showroom.
3M India: Where to Buy

geash, can you help me find it in Hyderabad?

Old 4th May 2009, 11:50   #111
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
I went to 3M website, they listed that every manufacturer has the "3M car detailing" available in their workshop.
They dint mention about any authorized 3M showroom.
3M India: Where to Buy

geash, can you help me find it in Hyderabad?
3M has a tie-up with Tata also, so all Tata dealers should be carrying out 3M car detailing & other products.

However, on some forum I read that 3M has an exclusive shop at a location in South I'm not sure, its one of the - either Hyderabad, Chennai or Bangalore.
Old 4th May 2009, 22:43   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
3M operates only through Dealerships of manufacturers they've tied up with. They do not have separate specific "3M dealers"/ branches
No. You got it all wrong mate. There is a separate authorised dealer in chennai who does the car detailing service in their premises itself ( the dealer in chennai is sri balaji agencies alwarpet). If you want to know the dealers in your state call the bangalore number from website and ask them. They will be glad to help you. That is what i did.
Old 5th May 2009, 13:22   #113
BANNED

Fuel Lid

The Fuel Lid just refuses to open everytime. I've to struggle 4-5 times to open it & it happens almost everytime.
Old 5th May 2009, 13:48   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
The Fuel Lid just refuses to open everytime. I've to struggle 4-5 times to open it & it happens almost everytime.
I guess fiat has loads of niggles like these to fix. In my car
- my front passenger door refuses to close unless banged
- seat height adjustment doesnt stay in place. seat keeps coming down
- side chrome beading came off

- Another friend's fuel lid refuses to close easily

from other lists
- headlights not focussing
- side inidicator cover is loose or has come off

i think there are quite a few! Wondering if this is a india only phenomenon or if this is international on the linea?
Old 5th May 2009, 13:52   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
VahanPujari: This seems to be a minor glitch, one which warrants a trip to your A.S.S. for a quick fix.

BTW, could you tell me what is the "Search" in your digital display? Or rather does your Digital display show information of your ICE also?
Old 5th May 2009, 13:58   #116
Senior - BHPian

search

Quote:
BTW, could you tell me what is the "Search" in your digital display?
My MID also consistently shows "search" sometimes thought the blue and me is well connected with phone. Will have to check the manual for it
Quote:
Or rather does your Digital display show information of your ICE also?
yes MID also shows information of ICE
Old 5th May 2009, 14:13   #117
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
BTW, could you tell me what is the "Search" in your digital display? Or rather does your Digital display show information of your ICE also?
I knew this que will come up when I was taking the pic
I guess it because of USB pen drive I've attached & when the key is taken out, it may have shown Search. But it does not stay long on MID

Quote:
VahanPujari: This seems to be a minor glitch, one which warrants a trip to your A.S.S. for a quick fix.
I know. When I was at service station few days back, those guys were inspecting my car Fuel lid to fix the same in someone else Linea as per my Car fuel lid

But Yes, Agree with Rajagopala. Lots of niggling issues being heard on these forums from various owners. Such small small issues are not expected in a brand new car.
Old 5th May 2009, 14:55   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drashkum View Post
its sometime frustrating as these voice recognition recognises only an american accent. try speaking like what american would talk and be a little loud. if it still does not recognise then try resetting the blue and me

yup its true. i think blue and me was developed in USA. so it has that typical accent is it midwest or texas or southern accent . lolz

same is very true for+ motorola V8. i tell the persons name but it starts to call someone else or says it doesnt recognise it. lolz.

you have to develop american accent. it works 100% lolz. funny isnt it.
Old 5th May 2009, 14:58   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
The Display would show "Search" for multiple reasons, for example
- If your show Radio is on and the HU is tuning for FM radio stations
- When Blue & Me is searching for your phone
- When it is searching for media (USB or CD) to play music from

The display does show information on what track is being played when a CD or a USB stick is on and The station name and freq when radio is on. This feature can be turned on or off from the "Show Radio" setting in MyCar.
Old 5th May 2009, 15:07   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
yup its true. i think blue and me was developed in USA. so it has that typical accent is it midwest or texas or southern accent . lolz

same is very true for+ motorola V8. i tell the persons name but it starts to call someone else or says it doesnt recognise it. lolz.

you have to develop american accent. it works 100% lolz. funny isnt it.
Considering its Microsoft technology, I am sure it was developed in the US, but then it is a FIAT initiative, But then its true that you have to have an American accent.

I have a E66 which has speech aid. It will read out the name of the caller if the number is stored in my contacts, and the accent is as american as it gets. My wife's name is Swapna. When she calls my E66 says "Swap"-"na".

So I did a quick experiment, i fired up Blue & Me and said "Dial swap na", worked like a charm. Disconnected and tried "Dial Swapna" result "Please try again". Again "Dial swap na", works like a charm again! Well I was all gay with glee, but the missus was fuming "I will show you what swap na can do, the next time you use that infernal E66 of yours and this stupid blue & me", snicker!!

Most Viewed