Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
- sunfilm ?
- safety system - steering lock?
- Reverse parking sensor?
- teflon coating?
1. Vkool, 3M, Llumar and Sunguard.
2. Autocop or Nippon.
3. Avoid the parking sensors.
4. Get it done from 3M or some similar good car detailing people. Will save from many hassles.
Old 13th April 2009, 00:47   #17
BANNED

1 more imp item-

Voice recognition in Blue & Me in my car is not recognising voice. when I TD'ed Linea, I paired it with my mobile & I think it worked at that time

i'm using Nokia 6265 (CDMA)

can any of the linea owner throw light on this?
Old 13th April 2009, 07:37   #18
BHPian

its sometime frustrating as these voice recognition recognises only an american accent. try speaking like what american would talk and be a little loud. if it still does not recognise then try resetting the blue and me
Old 13th April 2009, 22:02   #19
BANNED

blue n me & 2nd service station visit

well, i think it relates to the nokia model 6265 i'm using though i feel it worked during TD (am not sure). tata guy said they do not know much about it & will ask fiat engg to revert back. i have to mail the complaint to fiat i think.

btw i forgot in earlier post - the car seems to have given a mileage of 10.xx kmpl though I've still to do a tank-full to tank-full & will post the figure than.

visited the service station today again for removeing those water drop marks. One thing is for sure - Fiat has ensured that Tata dealers give good treatment to Linea customers. During both my visits, 90% of the customers in waiting room are Indica Taxi Drivers! But thats ok. I always prepared myself for that & hence did not feel a bit frustrated as they gave me a very good reception & treatment. Their intentions are good & that what counts. Their ability is a questionmark (for which I was prepared & hence managed to remain cool & happy though I had to wait for 3 hours yday & 3 hours today

They did the 3M polish on the car to remove those water drop marks (of course free of cost). The car looked awsome with great shining after polishing. The water drop marks got very very faint but some are still there not visible unless you get really close around 15 cm from the body. I let it go as I could gauge they could not do much more than this.

Need Guru's advice - should I keep it as it is (not much visible) or should I do something (what) to remove it? Should I complain fiat about PDI?
Pl keep the advices coming on this as well as on accessories mentioned earlier!

btw, last 2 days am not feeling problems with 2nd gear power much, am getting used to it. will be able to do a fair comparison after 3-4 days when I'm completely used to Cluth-gear-accelerator-brake combine/ synchro.
Old 13th April 2009, 23:14   #20
BHPian

Blue n Me - Voice Recognition

Quote:
1 more imp item-

Voice recognition in Blue & Me in my car is not recognising voice. when I TD'ed Linea, I paired it with my mobile & I think it worked at that time

i'm using Nokia 6265 (CDMA)

can any of the linea owner throw light on this?
Either you have a heavy "accent" or there is noise inside the car, ie you are in the back seat or ACC fan is on high or windows are rolled down and there is ambient noise.

Also Blue & Me's recognition works on phonetics and would prefer an americanized accent. Hence most of the names I call on my phone list dont sound like their actual names ..

Example: If I want to call "Samrat" pronounced as in Samrat Ashok, I have to tell the B&M "Sam" as in Sam and "Rat" as in Rat so Sam-Rat then it will do the needful, else it will pick up something else in the contact list that will have the same phonetics.

In my case, I think B&M is pretty accurate for a no-training required system, much better than several phones in the market.
Old 13th April 2009, 23:59   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by -xplora- View Post
Either you have a heavy "accent" or there is noise inside the car, ie you are in the back seat or ACC fan is on high or windows are rolled down and there is ambient noise.
No, its not accent, it doesn't work at all.
when i press the steering button, it relays the msg to say "help". when i say even "help" (now that does not require much of an accent), it doesn't recognise. When I try to say simple "dial" it does not recognise.
i think the prob is with my noika 6265
which mobile do you use?
Old 14th April 2009, 00:50   #22
BHPian

Quote:
No, its not accent, it doesn't work at all.
when i press the steering button, it relays the msg to say "help". when i say even "help" (now that does not require much of an accent), it doesn't recognise. When I try to say simple "dial" it does not recognise.
i think the prob is with my noika 6265
which mobile do you use?
hmm...have you checked if your phone book is in the linea's memory ? if it is there, try dialing first manually from the car without using the voice recognition, if it works, there is no issue on the bluetooth of your phone sync with blue n me. Then there is definately an issue with the microphone of the blue n me or get a firmware refresh done.

If the phone book is not coming in linea or you cannot dial out, then there is an issue with the phone, blue n me is not compatible with lot of phones, in certain phones it is partially compatible ie it will do the calling bit but not the SMS reader bit, like in my phone.

I use an HTC touch with Windows 5.0. Blue n me works best with older motorola and sony phones as it has been tested on those.
Old 14th April 2009, 01:18   #23
BANNED

great.
my phonebook is very much there in B&M & I can dial manaully, can do all the functions manually except for voice commands

so you suggest the prob is not with my phone but with the mic or the firmware. i've mailed the complaint to fiat. lets see how they respond.

thanks buddy
Old 14th April 2009, 22:25   #24
BANNED

Fiat Badge stolen

Today afternoon some crooked one stole the lovely Fiat badge from the boot of my Linea when she was parked on roadside in front of my appt. got to know it costs rs. 625/-. will get it once i get the car cover tom.

I think I'll have to hasten up my plans of security devices. I was thinking of steering lock instead of gear lock as i understood gear lock requires some cutting of the body/ floor.

guys - pls help with some security devices urgently. got to install by tom
Old 14th April 2009, 22:37   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Today afternoon some crooked one stole the lovely Fiat badge from the boot of my Linea
Damn that must hurt. And it's a brand new car!

Quote:
i understood gear lock requires some cutting of the body/ floor.
I don't think so.

Doesn't the Linea Emotion come factory fitted with a security system?
Old 14th April 2009, 22:59   #26
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Damn that must hurt. And it's a brand new car!
Yes, it very much hurts. But, the loss is only rs. 625/- and in a way as they say its better to take a small loss when there are always evil eyes on a new wonderful thing
Quote:
I don't think so.

Well, I ask an after-mkt shop some 20 days back & he told me that Gear Lock needs some cutting of the floor. What do you think?

Pls suggest me some good effective security devices urgently.

No, Emotion pack does not come with any security devices.
Old 15th April 2009, 00:35   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Well, I ask an after-mkt shop some 20 days back & he told me that Gear Lock needs some cutting of the floor. What do you think?

Pls suggest me some good effective security devices urgently.
I dont think gear lock actually needs so much cutting and if done by professionals makes lot more sense. Sorry for jumping on to Linea thread, though i have bought ANHC.
As i understand, there are 2 types of gear locks - pin type and othe one which has some u-bend. Pin type looks cool. You need to put your car in reverse gear and insert this pin (actually its a rod..not a pin ). Costs about 1500-2000 bucks and is a good safety device (much fool-proof than eletronic systems).
Old 15th April 2009, 11:30   #28
BANNED

Quote:

Spoke to dealership. they consider keyless remote as a security device. They do not have any other security device. an after market shop told me that gear lock in linea is yet not being done as the bracket reqd is yet not come out/ made. steering lock which holds steering & gets fixed with clutch costs around rs. 200-300/-

what say, guys
Old 15th April 2009, 12:11   #29
Senior - BHPian

I don't think it requires any cutting to the floor. 2 holes drilled to bolt and hold the support plate. Thats it!
Old 15th April 2009, 12:31   #30
Senior - BHPian

Just get the Autocop installed at the dealership, that should be good enough.

For steering lock, try to get this from US or abroad: Amazon.com: Click-It Club Chrome Auto Steering Wheel Lock: Automotive

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks