Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2009, 07:50   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Only issue is, every time when you switch it ON, by default, the internal Car circulation if Off taking outside air in & I've to manually switch it ON everytime.

Though Linea comes very close to my earlier car Ford Ikon in terms of Hadling, Manuevering & driving ease, well, Ford is a Ford & I'm missing it a bit.

Regarding Sunfilm, am not sure. Earlier when I purchased Ford long back, I was not comfortable with sunfilm as I observed it limits visibility from side windows wtc while driving in late eve or dark. Have yet not applied it in Linea. Will test driving someones car in the dark.
Need advice from guru's here. What say Guru's?
Yes with the full Auto setting on the Auto Climate Control it does get annoying when the internal air circulation is turned off, but it's not such an annoyance, just have to switch it off . However the ACC and the vents are well placed both in front and the rear and do their job pretty well throughout the car so I have no complaints and can overlook that niggle. The guys at Fiat must have forgotten that the air quality in Indian cities is not good as Europe.

I guess it's a personal and subjective opinion but I feel the Linea handles better than the Ikon and feels a lot more planted and the suspension setup is wonderful. I guess you are pretty attached to your Ikon

About Sun film - Like you I was not too keen on Dark sun films because of the same visibility concerns, so found the right balance int the 3M RE50 sun film. It's not at all dark and does not hamper visibility in the evenings or night and does a decent job of keeping the heat out. However don't want to install sun film for the front wind shield. Am not comfortable with the idea and have concerns about its visual clarity, a year down the line

Yes they could have done a better jobs with the side pockets and the glove box space. A portion of which is taken up by the Blue and me And Media player component.
My only crib is the absence of a bottle holder and the driver seat armrest comes in the way of engaging the handbrake.

Last edited by pranava999 : 20th April 2009 at 07:55.
Old 20th April 2009, 13:14   #62
BANNED

[quote=pranava999;1267682]

I guess it's a personal and subjective opinion but I feel the Linea handles better than the Ikon and feels a lot more planted and the suspension setup is wonderful. I guess you are pretty attached to your Ikon

quote]

Yes, Linea feels much more planted than Ford Ikon with a better suspension effects as well. Its the drving ease & manuevering which I feel Ford is the best at. However, it also is a subject of getting used to the car especially clutch-accelerator-brake combinations & the effect may improve once I get completely used to it
Old 20th April 2009, 20:03   #63
BHPian

yep vahan....bad luck about the accident. yes it took me a few engine stalls getting used to the clutch. It's annoying when one has to completely turn of the car to restart it again
Old 22nd April 2009, 19:24   #64
BANNED

OCTANE mystry

Well, some bhpians said all petrols sold are 91-octane while some said only a few are. hence i tried to google the octane ratings of currently sold petrol with following observations:
  • no official petroleum company website is claiming any octane rating of any of its petrol products. checked IOC, HP, BPCL.
  • google thrown list of out some sites. some of them shown that only IOC's XtraPremium is 91-octane petrol. even BPCL speed is not 91-octane. found most of those sites are dated - 2001-2003. hence not convinced.
  • still not clarified, called all 3 companies & boy here is what they've to say. IOC guy says none of the petrol is 91-octane. All their petrol products are 88 octane though he says that most of the time what we get is 90+ octane they cant guarantee it. i asked earlier it used to be 91-octane why not now. he said because they had to open pumps at huge no. of rural locations where 91-octane was not possible to supply & consequently became very difficult to supply different petrols to metro's & different to rural. HP guy said their octane rating is 89 though generally what we get is 90+ octane. Only BPCL guy said confidently that all their petrol products are 91-octane. looking at earlier 2 responses, am not sure whether its 91 or not
  • 1 thing all 3 of them said common is octane ratings of their regular unleaded & premium petrol are the same. no difference. difference is only additives
  • then i called fiat factory. he says all petrol products available in india can be used in Linea. when i asked for preference or priority, he was non-commital. Howevere, for cost reasons suggested to use regular unleaded as there is no benefit of using premium pterol. I asked any negatives of using premium. he said no negatives but there are no positives either so why to spend more.
so where have we reached? full-circle. i earlier thought of using regular unleaded but now am thinking of using IOC XtraPremium as have no cost concerns,

Gurus - can you throw some lights on this scenario?

PS: checked govt policy on their websites. by that all petrol should have been 91-octane by now in 11 metro cities. below is the link & also another link

http://petroleum.nic.in/autoeng.pdf

:: AUTOCAR INDIA - CAR AND BIKE MAGAZINE ::
Old 22nd April 2009, 19:42   #65
BHPian

@vahan,
You had sent a link from "The Hindu", right? It said XtraPremium is 91-octane.
So i filled-up full tank with it now. Hope that article was true :(

In any case, I guess premium fuels are un-adulterated compared to Regular fuels. maybe its better to stick to premium petrol IMO.
Old 23rd April 2009, 09:25   #66
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
@vahan,
You had sent a link from "The Hindu", right? It said XtraPremium is 91-octane.
So i filled-up full tank with it now. Hope that article was true :(

In any case, I guess premium fuels are un-adulterated compared to Regular fuels. maybe its better to stick to premium petrol IMO.
Yes, as I said in previous post, most of the sites (may be incl The Hindu), the details posted there saying IOC's XtraPremium is 91-octane, most of them are old, I guess dated somewhere between 2001-2004.

It makes me believe that the companies used to give 91-octane that time but may be not now. today there is still no official confirmation from anybody about octane-ratings except for govt auto fuel policy (thats also dated 2003) unless we believe that its fully implemented by all.

however, i also feel better to stick to xtrapremium.

still, for curiosity, would like to know if anyone has official news about octane-ratings of petrols available
Old 23rd April 2009, 11:24   #67
BANNED

Which service centre is better in MUMBAI?

Fiat-owners in Mumbai - pls let me know which service centre is better in Mumbai.
  1. Wasan Motors Kandivali
  2. Wasan Motors Chembur
  3. Tata Car Repair Shop, Worli
  4. Fortune Motors, Pawai
No. 1 above is nearer to my home & No. 3 is nearer to my office.
Have had many interaction with wasan kandivali workshop with a mixed bag feedback. If there is nothing negative yet from it there is nothing great either.

However, yday Fortune Motors called up & said they've been forwarded a mail comlplaint I sent to Fiat about Blue n Me issues. He sounded quite sincere & when i said it sould be difficult for me to car at their showroom, he said his guy can call & come at my place. today his guy called me & asked me my timing preference & fixed an appt for next sunday at my place. thats pretty good but have not had any first hand experience & hence would like to know above from Fiat-owners @ Mumbai
Old 23rd April 2009, 13:08   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Fiat-owners in Mumbai - pls let me know which service centre is better in Mumbai.
  1. Wasan Motors Kandivali
  2. Wasan Motors Chembur
  3. Tata Car Repair Shop, Worli
  4. Fortune Motors, Pawai
No. 1 above is nearer to my home & No. 3 is nearer to my office.
Have had many interaction with wasan kandivali workshop with a mixed bag feedback. If there is nothing negative yet from it there is nothing great either.

However, yday Fortune Motors called up & said they've been forwarded a mail comlplaint I sent to Fiat about Blue n Me issues. He sounded quite sincere & when i said it sould be difficult for me to car at their showroom, he said his guy can call & come at my place. today his guy called me & asked me my timing preference & fixed an appt for next sunday at my place. thats pretty good but have not had any first hand experience & hence would like to know above from Fiat-owners @ Mumbai
I'm not sure about the best service center for Linea. I've done my Palio's 2 services in Wasan@chembur and they are fine.

However make sure first if they(Wasan@chembur) service Linea as I think they are not yet authorised for Linea service. FIAT website says the same. Better you call them up and confirm.

As of now, only Fortune Motors, both Nerul and Powai, Tata Car Repair Shop, Worli and Wasan@Kandivili service Linea cars.
Old 23rd April 2009, 15:11   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
I'm not sure about the best service center for Linea. I've done my Palio's 2 services in Wasan@chembur and they are fine.

However make sure first if they(Wasan@chembur) service Linea as I think they are not yet authorised for Linea service. FIAT website says the same. Better you call them up and confirm.

As of now, only Fortune Motors, both Nerul and Powai, Tata Car Repair Shop, Worli and Wasan@Kandivili service Linea cars.
@Rudra,

As you are residing in Navi Mumbai, what is the feedback of the Fortune Cars Nerul, have you got your car serviced by them ?

If i am not wrong you purchased your Palio 1.6 from there itself.
Old 23rd April 2009, 15:20   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
@vahan,

Not sure.

But yes their prices are definitely adulterated.
Old 23rd April 2009, 16:44   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
@Rudra,

As you are residing in Navi Mumbai, what is the feedback of the Fortune Cars Nerul, have you got your car serviced by them ?

If i am not wrong you purchased your Palio 1.6 from there itself.
No idea about FIAT service history in Fortune Cars at Nerul.

I have done my 2 free services at Wasan Motors at chembur though i've purchased the car from Fortune.

The environment and the people working there didnt impressed me at all to get my car service with Fortune. My friend who used to service his Indica with them was mostly unsatisfied with them. Hence didn't wanted to take a risk!

I would had preferred Shaman however the dealership was called off so had to go to Wasan which is nearest to my city!
Old 23rd April 2009, 16:57   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
No idea about FIAT service history in Fortune Cars at Nerul.

I have done my 2 free services at Wasan Motors at chembur though i've purchased the car from Fortune.

The environment and the people working there didnt impressed me at all to get my car service with Fortune. My friend who used to service his Indica with them was mostly unsatisfied with them. Hence didn't wanted to take a risk!

I would had preferred Shaman however the dealership was called off so had to go to Wasan which is nearest to my city!
I also felt the same for the Sales people, they were not interested in even attending the customer when i went there to test drive the Palio MJD after two months of its launch.

I asked for the brochure, the lady receptionist gave me a blunt reply, the brochure is not available now

after this i said goodbye to them.

@Vahan,

Sorry for barging in on the thread, hope these experiences will benefit you in choosing the dealer for the Service.

regards,
Sanjeev
Old 23rd April 2009, 17:23   #73
Senior - BHPian

The Fortune Tata-Fiat Service expereince.

The Wasan Chembur Service expereince.
Old 23rd April 2009, 17:49   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Fiat-owners in Mumbai - pls let me know which service centre is better in Mumbai......
I had got my Petra serviced from Fortune in Powai. Decent job done. The current crew there is from Anuroop - a dealership that closed down. I am not too sure how they will fare on a Linea though.
Old 23rd April 2009, 18:04   #75
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on ur linea.its fantastic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks