Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2009, 20:12   #46
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by gksunil View Post
Hi
I am interested in buying linea. One thing bothers me is te large turning radius 5.5 m compared to 4.9 fiesta and 4.6 dzire. I have a cramped parking space and it requires three 90 deg turns. Can you help me in this aspect?
If you can get a dealer near you to give a demo at your place, you would be able to judge it.
Old 8th May 2009, 23:14   #47
sps
BHPian

nice pictures and nice passionate write up about your first journey. Wishing you to have this passion in all your future drives in Linea.

I also belive in what you said "It does not matter how fast we go, but what matters most is how fast you can comfortably cruise"
Old 9th May 2009, 07:29   #48
Senior - BHPian

Turning Radius

Yes, The turning radius is fairly large when compared to other vehicles. It is difficult when you are trying to 'U' turn in small streets. Especially i find it difficult after driving my santro for past 3 years. But the turning radius is large because of the longish Bonnet and Front dashboard and Linea is definitely a bigger car than what others you have listed. The wheels have been set wide apart with a wheelbase ( 2603) bigger than any other car in segment for better stability. So the bigger the car with better stability, bigger the wheel base and wider the turning radius.
Old 9th May 2009, 12:05   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sps View Post
nice pictures and nice passionate write up about your first journey. Wishing you to have this passion in all your future drives in Linea.

I also belive in what you said "It does not matter how fast we go, but what matters most is how fast you can comfortably cruise"
Thanks buddy. Good to know we share similar views. Hopefully the next update will be a far less emotional and a lot more objective. I am not however a very technical guy so just write it like I feel it .
Old 9th May 2009, 13:00   #50
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
So the bigger the car with better stability, bigger the wheel base and wider the turning radius.
Quoted from wikipedia:

Many black cabs have a turning circle of only 25 ft (8 m). One reason for this is the configuration of the famed Savoy Hotel: The hotel entrance's small roundabout meant that vehicles needed the small turning circle in order to navigate it. That requirement became the legally required turning circle for all London cabs

So what you say is not necessarily the reason for the larger turning radius / diameter.

The two cars that I can think of having similar turning radius / diameter to the London Black cab are the old Standard Herald and the Sipani Dolphin / Montana cars.

Both the above cars are very small compared to the Black cabs.

If am not mistaken, even the shorter Palio has similar turning radius / diameter.
Old 27th May 2009, 14:36   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
Thanks FastLove! Appreciate it. Hows the car doing??
Dude the Car is Rocking More and More everyday .

I just completed 2100 Km in 31 days of owning her. Have not been able to sit down and write the 2000 experience . Will do it shortly.

Also took some pictures of MudFlaps on a demo Linea today morning on my way to office. It looked cool. I will get the mudflaps installed in a couple of days as the consignment of mud flaps is yet to arrive. Check my thread for pictures of demo car by today evening.

cheers mate and loved your Mysore Trip Review ...Keep Rocking the Road with your Linea
Old 27th May 2009, 16:09   #52
BHPian

@ fastlove. Thanks mate. Just spoke to my dealer yesterday. The OE mudflaps have arrived . Need to get them as well as the car cover.

Wow 2100 in 31 days is quite a lot.Do put up the review
Old 27th May 2009, 21:52   #53
BHPian

My Muse

M.F. Hussain had a muse,so I thought why shouldn't I? So came along a real beauty that warms my heart every time I look at her. She has been the one muse the wife doesn't mind.
Attached Thumbnails
My Linea Thread - Driving Experience and review-dsc01589.jpg  

My Linea Thread - Driving Experience and review-dsc01588.jpg  

My Linea Thread - Driving Experience and review-dsc01556.jpg  

My Linea Thread - Driving Experience and review-dsc01587.jpg  

Last edited by pranava999 : 27th May 2009 at 21:58.
Old 28th May 2009, 02:23   #54
Senior - BHPian

the photos just took my breath away. niiiiice going bharat. cheers!
Old 28th May 2009, 09:32   #55
sps
BHPian

loved the pics, especially the second one with water droplets. The car is really a stunner in looks.
Old 28th May 2009, 12:44   #56
Senior - BHPian

Good pictures. Have to take my car out too for outdoor photo shoot.
Old 31st May 2009, 15:14   #57
BHPian

Excellent photos, especially the black & white ones. I will also have to take some BW pictures of my Line when I get home. Keep posting...
Old 31st May 2009, 16:25   #58
BHPian

Guys, just wanted to ask one query-is the linea coming in a 1.6L diesel variant in the near future?
Old 31st May 2009, 16:28   #59
BHPian

yes. Apparently its under test. But you probably have to wait at least till this year-end or early next year (my guess).

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy77 View Post
Guys, just wanted to ask one query-is the linea coming in a 1.6L diesel variant in the near future?
Old 31st May 2009, 17:21   #60
Senior - BHPian

i will lap up the 1.6 diesel with both my tongues!!!! (damn i have only one.. If i had two, i'd have used both!)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks