Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2009, 10:54   #46
BHPian

atrp vs hsrp

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
What is this ATRP? Can you pst a pic?
its the 'unlicensed' version of the HSRP system sold by a company called Utsav in Delhi.... they are the same plates that are available around the country with the Utsav hologram on them.

the HSRP plates are sold by a company called Shmnit Utsch and are available only in Assam and Rajasthan - and now in Karnataka in a couple of months.

will post pics in a bit.

cheers
Old 11th April 2009, 11:51   #47
Team-BHP Support

bIte tHe bulLet, a big congrats. Car is looking great.

Please do not reply in bold. Use bold tags only to highlight your key points if any. Thanks.
Old 14th April 2009, 16:35   #48
BHPian

hellooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoiseNhare View Post
bIte tHe bulLet
Great car, nice review. Fiat India should doubly thank many Linear Emotion buyers for taking all the emosanal attyachar from their dealerships in stride.
yo tortoise...

nice one about the emosanal attyachar!!! thanks for the compliments and i have to add that the pain was worth it in the end!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
bIte tHe bulLet, a big congrats. Car is looking great.

Please do not reply in bold. Use bold tags only to highlight your key points if any. Thanks.
cheers rudra,

shall do.

guys, quick update..

i went down to the dealership because i was told that the mudflaps for the linea had arrived as well as the body cover for the same. i also had to pick up my receipt for the regn number etc etc.

to cut a long story short, the mudflaps are a big no no... they are a shiny black rubber affair and though the rear ones need to be drilled into the bumper to be fitted, the front ones need holes to be drilled into the metal bodywork to attach them.

i paid for them and then the advisors themselves asked me to have a look before they put them onto the car. left in a dilema, i opted to not have them put on. also because they hang down so low from the chassis of the car, you are bound to lose a lot of mudflaps, simply when going into pot-holes etc.

its a horrific tradeoff - scratched paintwork vs drilled holes in body... think carefully before you commit to either.

i have also picked up the cheaper car cover (a silver finish) costing 1387 tax paid vs the other 2700 rs version, simply because my expensive tyvek cover for the safari has shredded in 8 months of use whereas the palio cover that i bought in the same silver finish is still going strong after 6 years!

i also got into a bit of an ego clash with a monkey a$$ed swift driver and i have to report that from 2000 rpm till the 2800 rpm that i did push the linea into... she is a wild beast as a car. suffice to say, a very surprised swift driver drove upto me at a red light, smiled and give me a little salute as he crossed me

fuel efficiency figures are looking promising - i shall update at the 2nd tankful.
bIte tHe bulLet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2009, 16:48   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bIte tHe bulLet View Post
i also got into a bit of an ego clash with a monkey a$$ed swift driver and i have to report that from 2000 rpm till the 2800 rpm that i did push the linea into... she is a wild beast as a car. suffice to say, a very surprised swift driver drove upto me at a red light, smiled and give me a little salute as he crossed me

fuel efficiency figures are looking promising - i shall update at the 2nd tankful.
great! Congrats on the great VFM car!
Old 14th April 2009, 17:10   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hey drashkum,
have already discarded the cheap number plates put on by the dealership and replaced with a set of new ATRP's - cost 750 after haggling in delhi.
Where did you get those? Can you tell me which shop?

Quote:
the dealer - yet again(!) is VIVEK AUTOMOBILES in delhi
Why am I not surprised? Are you sure you have got your entire toolkit? They gave me only half of it.

Quote:
from 2000 rpm till the 2800 rpm that i did push the linea into... she is a wild beast as a car.
Good. That's what you need on undivided highways.
Old 14th April 2009, 19:43   #51
BHPian

Quote:
yo tortoise...

nice one about the emosanal attyachar!!! thanks for the compliments and i have to add that the pain was worth it in the end!

cheers rudra,

shall do.

guys, quick update..

i went down to the dealership because i was told that the mudflaps for the linea had arrived as well as the body cover for the same. i also had to pick up my receipt for the regn number etc etc.

to cut a long story short, the mudflaps are a big no no... they are a shiny black rubber affair and though the rear ones need to be drilled into the bumper to be fitted, the front ones need holes to be drilled into the metal bodywork to attach them.

i paid for them and then the advisors themselves asked me to have a look before they put them onto the car. left in a dilema, i opted to not have them put on. also because they hang down so low from the chassis of the car, you are bound to lose a lot of mudflaps, simply when going into pot-holes etc.

its a horrific tradeoff - scratched paintwork vs drilled holes in body... think carefully before you commit to either.

i have also picked up the cheaper car cover (a silver finish) costing 1387 tax paid vs the other 2700 rs version, simply because my expensive tyvek cover for the safari has shredded in 8 months of use whereas the palio cover that i bought in the same silver finish is still going strong after 6 years!

I too saw a pair of linea mud flaps though at the after market. but it seems that we both have seen the same type.
They were also rubbery and shinny. Very cheap. I dnt know how m when will we linea owners get mud flaps like the ones used in other cars.
Old 22nd April 2009, 07:41   #52
BHPian

hellllloooooooo....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
great! Congrats on the great VFM car!
cheers pulsar,
thanks for the wishes dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
Where did you get those? Can you tell me which shop?
go to the market opposite defence colony (lajpat nagar side). as you enter the bit next to the ongoing metro work, there are a bunch of number plate guys right next to the biggest auto accessories shop there. ask them for a guy who orders the 'security plates'. don't pay a paisa above 750... haggle for less. they will ask for anything upto 1200 bucks a set... thats all b/s. walk away and they will call you back at pretty much at your price!!

Quote:
Why am I not surprised? Are you sure you have got your entire toolkit? They gave me only half of it.
i feel for you dude... i usually load up my own toolkit so don't really bother with the crap they give anyway!

Quote:
absolutely right....read on another thread that one of the guys took his mjd to 175 kmph... even with a hyperactive speedo...i can believe that this car can get above 150 for sure. it will get a little bit hairy above 150 or so, but its good to know that it can do some serious shifting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash View Post
I too saw a pair of linea mud flaps though at the after market. but it seems that we both have seen the same type.
They were also rubbery and shinny. Very cheap. I dnt know how m when will we linea owners get mud flaps like the ones used in other cars.
hey prash,

i'd love for some simple moulded ones like they have on the corolla and countless other cars... they look the part and don't look floppy and cheap like the offerings available now... the wait continues!

quick update....

tank to tank in 100% city driving and ac on 100% (the infamous delhi heat has arrived!) i have got a read of 13.62 kmpl... assuming that the first 40 kms was done on fuel already in the car at the dealership... it still brings the average to 13.5 ish...

these are massive savings as far as i'm concerned and i'm absolutely positive that these figures will improve as time goes by

joy to the world and all that jazz

Last edited by bIte tHe bulLet : 22nd April 2009 at 07:42.
Old 22nd April 2009, 10:04   #53
BHPian

Quote:
I believe that Fiat itself would find it very difficult to design a mud flap for the current fenders in Linea. They would have to redesign the fenders with proper holes to screw the mud flap.

I too installed after market mud flap. It cost me cheap but satisfied with how it looks and how it fits. However, I was reluctant to make the holes on the fender. The screws are not visible because of double layered outward covering. If flap falls, then three tiny holes would appear on the fender. I had to work with a garage to fit the best way I could think of.
Old 22nd April 2009, 11:04   #54
BHPian

HSRP pics?

Can you post a picture of this HSRP plates?

What are the benefits of going for them?
Old 22nd April 2009, 11:13   #55
Senior - BHPian

Superb review BTB, very realistic comments and nice snaps too.

Glad to see more and more happy faces on FIAT's CSAT!!!!

Last edited by jacs : 22nd April 2009 at 11:28.
Old 22nd April 2009, 11:48   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
the HSRP plates are sold by a company called Shmnit Utsch and are available only in Assam and Rajasthan - and now in Karnataka in a couple of months.
Lovely car and stunning pictures equal to your first pictures of your Safari :-)

By the way, post some with the HSRPs fitted. Thinking of same for my black Aveo and am goingto the BLR Utsav dealer this weekend. Also, where did you hear of the impending implementation of HSRPS in Karnataka?

Congrats again. MUCH MUCH better than a plain-Jane Fiesta :-)

@Neotraveller: Check out the many pictures in the 8 pages of the 'HSRP' thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...s-india-8.html

Last edited by itwasntme : 22nd April 2009 at 11:55. Reason: Neo comments
Old 22nd April 2009, 13:28   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Heard from one of the Service guy in VSTMotors that Palio Mudflaps especially Sachin series which is bigger than normal palio's could be fitted in Linea.
i'll try it while i am going for the first service.
If it fits well, i'll let you know.
Old 22nd April 2009, 13:32   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect

absolutely right....read on another thread that one of the guys took his mjd to 175 kmph... even with a hyperactive speedo...i can believe that this car can get above 150 for sure. it will get a little bit hairy above 150 or so, but its good to know that it can do some serious shifting.
-------------------------------

yep that's me.
At 4400+ rpm you can reach 175kmph.but little bit scary though
I treid it in a new road between perambalur and tirchy in Tamilnadu.
if petefied,we can achieve some more too
Old 22nd April 2009, 13:34   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
I believe that Fiat itself would find it very difficult to design a mud flap for the current fenders in Linea. They would have to redesign the fenders with proper holes to screw the mud flap.

I too installed after market mud flap. It cost me cheap but satisfied with how it looks and how it fits. However, I was reluctant to make the holes on the fender. The screws are not visible because of double layered outward covering. If flap falls, then three tiny holes would appear on the fender. I had to work with a garage to fit the best way I could think of.
Please post photos of those Mud Flaps.
I too very indeed of mudflaps which surely completes the looks of linea.
Old 23rd April 2009, 12:38   #60
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post

@Neotraveller: Check out the many pictures in the 8 pages of the 'HSRP' thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...s-india-8.html
Gone thro' that thread

some guys have mentioned not to use snap-lock screws in case you need to remove plate while changing bumpers.

my question is -
if one does not use the snap-lock screws & goes for normal screws, then there is no meaning of security. isn't it?

on the other hand, if one goes with snap-lock screws, the plate cant be removed when bumper needs to be changed.

so whats the solution?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks