Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2009, 18:02   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
@coolboy : That is correct. For the Civic, the first oil change is at 6 months/10000KM and it's changed every 10000KM or 6 months, whichever is earlier. I suspect it's the same with the ANHC
Yes this makes sense. 3month/5000 kms is absurd i think. Leaving apart 1st three services service interval must be 6month/5000kms as you say. ANHC and Civic will be same i think in this regard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Honda still needs a few more years and more CITY buyers to start ripping off at those levels
, No comments.

Quote:
anyways - after many years of owning a car , i have realised that getting oil changes done at an outside workshop is FAR FAR cheaper !
+1.
The problem with new cars is that present day manufacturers find ways to cancel extended or basic warranties on whatever basis they can so till some 40-50k kms getting services done outside is impossible, even if its a oil change.

After warranty got over, i get my Scorpio serviced at my friend's workshop and he uses Mobil1 for the engine. Service interval raised to 11-12k kms from a 5k kms and the engine is butter smooth compared to the cheap barrel oils that Mahindra used.
Planning the same for my santro too though Hyundai will kill the warranty, they charged me 3k for 15k service just like that
Old 22nd September 2009, 21:52   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Me also, 100ml for 680 is not possible and neither they topped up 1000ml if it was a mistake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
i think the "100ml" bit was a typo from Karan's side -
I have the Invoice copy right in front of me & it mentions 100 ml. My scanner aint working for some reason. Hopefully by tom. i shall scan the invoice.
Old 22nd September 2009, 22:11   #63
Senior - BHPian

Ha. Ha. Very funny narayan.

Honda A.S.S provided Idemitsu OEM fully synthetic is priced right on par with open market pricing.

Quote:
I have the Invoice copy right in front of me & it mentions 100 ml. My scanner aint working for some reason. Hopefully by tom. i shall scan the invoice.
Honda invoices don't show in ml. They show oil in units. As far as I have worked out, one unit is 100ml. I'm very interested in seeing this invoice that you've been given.

Last edited by ImmortalZ : 22nd September 2009 at 22:13.
Old 22nd September 2009, 22:40   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
I believe you as you say. If its indeed the case then keep a photocopy of Invoice and show original to the service centre when you go for 3rd service,
In the meantime check owners manual and see if a oil change is recommended for 2nd service which the A.S.S didnt follow.
Rs 700 for a 100ml top up is a total ripoff from the A.S.S which you missed.

Quote:
I'm very interested in seeing this invoice that you've been given.
Karan says its in mL which raises doubts. No probability matches here, anyone knows complete oil change charges for a city without oil filter change? (mineral oil)
Old 22nd September 2009, 22:51   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Honda invoices don't show in ml. They show oil in units. As far as I have worked out, one unit is 100ml. I'm very interested in seeing this invoice that you've been given.
Im more interested in putting the Invoice copy here. Thanks to my scanner. I have seen the Invoice again- Near engine oil its 100ml then in the units column its mentioned as 20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
In the meantime check owners manual and see if a oil change is recommended for 2nd service which the A.S.S didnt follow.
Rs 700 for a 100ml top up is a total ripoff from the A.S.S which you missed.

Will do that Rajat, hopefully by tomorrow i shall get the Invoice copy here!

Rough details in Invoice:-

Parts Description RTPL ( unit ) QTY VAT Cost price

301 Engine Oil 100 Ml 20.40 34 12.5% Rs.780.30
Washer Drain , 14mm 16.52 1 12.5% Rs.18.59

Total : Rs. 799/-

Last edited by karanraheja : 22nd September 2009 at 22:55.
Old 28th September 2009, 11:51   #66
Senior - BHPian

Well, there we go. 100ml at 20.40 x 34 units. 3.4L for 780.

You need to ask them why they didn't change the oil filter because it is supposed to be changed with every oil change.
Old 4th October 2009, 23:06   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You need to ask them why they didn't change the oil filter because it is supposed to be changed with every oil change.
Sorry for the late reply! I just read the service booklet and in that it was mentioned that Oil filter would be changed every 6 months/5000km. Could ANHC owners throw some light in this matter?? I would be servicing my car coming week - i would surely ask about the oil filter.
Old 6th October 2009, 10:03   #68
Senior - BHPian

Oil change for the ANHC is also 6 months/5000KM right? Oil filters are changed with the oil as far as I know.
Old 7th October 2009, 11:25   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Oil change for the ANHC is also 6 months/5000KM right? Oil filters are changed with the oil as far as I know.
On the Civic, I am asked to change the oil filter once every year, my yearly running is hardly 7-8 K.
Old 20th October 2009, 20:26   #70
Senior - BHPian

3rd service done , right now 4461km on the odo.

Cost of service : Rs. 1461/-

Oil change ( No oil filter - apparently Honda changes filter every 5000km only) I was surprised!!!

I had checked the V spec model, when i enquired V spec Alloys : Rs.58,000/- and fog lamps : Rs.20,000/- .
Old 21st October 2009, 18:51   #71
BHPian

Quote:

I had checked the V spec model, when i enquired V spec Alloys : Rs.58,000/- and fog lamps : Rs.20,000/- .
The rate quoted for Alloys are for a set of 5 tyres each costing about Rs.11750 a piece. IMHO not worth the money if you are putting it on S models. Only advantage would be that you would have a Honda logo on them.
This price is not discounting the cost for stock ones.Not sure what will they do to stock tyres if you buy the alloys through the dealer.

For the fog lamps, dealers bangalore too quoted the same at around Rs. 20850
Old 21st October 2009, 19:58   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosTHEjackal View Post
For the fog lamps, dealers bangalore too quoted the same at around Rs. 20850
I got a quotation of Rs. 15K for the Civic's fog lights (new round one).. City's fog lights are more expensive than Civic's (bizaare)
Old 21st October 2009, 20:31   #73
BHPian

Guys,

Guna has got the fog lamps done for approx. 18k from his dealer. Just for info.

Well guys, After Guna told me, i am thinking if its worth spending so much for fog lamps, instead we should work on making the headlights better.

Opinions please...
Old 22nd October 2009, 12:00   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
Well guys, After Guna told me, i am thinking if its worth spending so much for fog lamps, instead we should work on making the headlights better.
I heard changing /upgrading the bulb also voids warranty. I found the headlights in ANHC to be quite poor for night driving. Any ANHC owners facing same prob?
Old 22nd October 2009, 12:21   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I heard changing /upgrading the bulb also voids warranty. I found the headlights in ANHC to be quite poor for night driving. Any ANHC owners facing same prob?
Yes Karan, I have found the headlights of my ANHC to be poor duirng highway drives at night, the problem multiplies if it rains or foggy.

during the city drives @ night, i have found headlights adequate enough because, i am a sedate driver in the city so my need of well lit distance ahead is minimal.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks