Team-BHP - Linea MJD E pack Black - Finally -
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Linea MJD E pack Black - Finally - (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/56458-linea-mjd-e-pack-black-finally-2.html)

:OT
Why are all the buyers heaving a sigh of relief after buying Linea? Quite a few have thread starters like "Finally arrived". Is it a problem at the pre-sales part with dealers or is it just the waiting period which keeps extending till eternity?

Another Linea! Congrats! Never seen one in black. Wonder how it looks. Post some pics soon dude!

Congratulations on your new car!

Man, Its a wonderful feeling to see lot of Lineas' here on board. Great! :thumbs up

I am wondering how much of an impact the GP would make here. Myself waiting for the GP for over a long time. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by prince_pervez (Post 1252765)
Another Linea! Congrats! Never seen one in black. Wonder how it looks. Post some pics soon dude!

I do own a hiphop black MJD Linea and I have posted pics also. You can have a look at my thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...arrived-2.html.

Congrats, that Black Linea sure is a beauty. Waiting for some pictures.

Few weeks back i saw one in chennai and i was like WOW and immediately saw a green color xylo and puked.

Well its amzing to see your excitement, that you are posting about your car from abroad without having seen it.

congrats.

Congratulations for the black Linea. Henry Ford once said (about the colour of a car), "Any color will do as long as it is black".

Thanks everyone for the good wishes,

Shall surely post the pics once I see it myself..lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by capri_cap (Post 1253130)
Well its amzing to see your excitement, that you are posting about your car from abroad without having seen it.

congrats.

Yes, the info posted is purely on basis of the TD's I have done and seeing others and (nehamit's) black MJD, hence there is no TD review of my car, its yet to come.. :).

Am a few hours away now from home..will reach there in the morning and take my first ride..I dont know why I feel like this, but something about this car, may be because I waited for it for so long? When I took the delivery of my Swift last year, it was just a normal car delivery, nothing extra special.

Or was it because the A** at Maruti was good and I didnt have to "long" for the car ..oops. lol

Congrats on your new car .
Now fire us up with some pictures.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuraliR (Post 1252302)
congrats xplora. black is elegant - visibility of minor scratches is higher when compared to other colours - be a little extra cautious.

3M coating should take care of that I believe. See if there are better (read multi layered teflon coatings) available.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karanraheja (Post 1252298)
Congrats-xplora-!!! Good choice. Surprised that you choose diesel as per ur usage. Anyways the service interval is class leading , so dont think it ll pinch your pocket. Let the pics do the talking.

Maybe he will get addicted to driving once he has this and drives morestupid:

congrats xplora

all the best with the new car and welcome to the world of, "the constantly losing battle of keeping black looking sexy!!"

i have a safari in black and as nice as she looks in the flesh, keeping her shiny and gorgeous is a major pain in the bum... :Frustrati

this is the 1st and last time we will ever own a black car.

lets have some pics soon dude - the clamour for the same seems to be mounting :D

hey all..

Took my first ride last night. so first observations:

The Good:

- Blue & Me - better than my expectations, and to know that it is upgradable is good news, I am going to have a couple of my software developers look at that bit, since they already work on Microsoft Automotive OS.
- Drive - Very good, smooth should be a fantastic cruiser.
- Braking - Best on the cars that I have driven till date.
- The orange glow that washes the center console and the gear knob is uber cool, I love it.
- ACC - Brilliant, senses quite accurately.

Not so good Not so bad:

- Black car needs to be maintained more than silvers, but then again it looks brilliant when cleaned up, so I have got this maintainence kit from the US for the same.
- Seat needs a little adjustment to settle in
- Stock ICE - Speakers need an upgrade, the system is fine but speakers are nowhere compared to my pioneer + polk audio combo in another car. (Anyone added SW or Rear speakers to the stock audio ? I cant figure out from the manual, it is not in English :Frustrati)

The Bad:

- I was driving and something fell on my feet, I thought it was my phone, when I parked, I realise a black bonnet opening piece was out :Shockked:. Although could fit it back in a jiffy, and will get it checked with the dealer but a piece out in a new car is a first time for me ! :)

- No mudflaps - The dealer dosent have them, and here's the strange part, the dealer told me there are No mudflaps for Linea, the company does not have that as an accessory ! Neither can I get it from outside ( can some Linea owner confirm this or what they have done for the mudflaps). He mentioned that the curves of the Linea are designed in such a way that mudflaps are not required ( its a little hard for me to believe considering the dirt i saw on the car after a brief drive, although it was very minimal ).

Thats all for now.

PS: for the pics, the car is to be washed etc. before I can take the shots, will get it done in a day and post pics tomorrow / day after for sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by -xplora- (Post 1255752)
- I was driving and something fell on my feet, when I parked, I realise a black bonnet opening piece was out.

Fiat seems to be having problems with the bonnet opening levers. Quite a few Linea's have had these parts falling off. Wonder who is the supplier but I hope they are working to rectify this issue and improve QC on the same.

A black Linea was driving alongside my car today while going to work. It was the first time I saw the signal lights blinking in the rear lamps and boy what style! Only the Italians can execute these things with so much of style and flair! clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by -xplora- (Post 1255752)
hey all..

Took my first ride last night. so first observations:

The Good:

- Blue & Me - better than my expectations, and to know that it is upgradable is good news, I am going to have a couple of my software developers look at that bit, since they already work on Microsoft Automotive OS.
- Drive - Very good, smooth should be a fantastic cruiser.
- Braking - Best on the cars that I have driven till date.
- The orange glow that washes the center console and the gear knob is uber cool, I love it.
- ACC - Brilliant, senses quite accurately.

Not so good Not so bad:

- Black car needs to be maintained more than silvers, but then again it looks brilliant when cleaned up, so I have got this maintainence kit from the US for the same.
- Seat needs a little adjustment to settle in
- Stock ICE - Speakers need an upgrade, the system is fine but speakers are nowhere compared to my pioneer + polk audio combo in another car. (Anyone added SW or Rear speakers to the stock audio ? I cant figure out from the manual, it is not in English :Frustrati)

The Bad:

- I was driving and something fell on my feet, I thought it was my phone, when I parked, I realise a black bonnet opening piece was out :Shockked:. Although could fit it back in a jiffy, and will get it checked with the dealer but a piece out in a new car is a first time for me ! :)

- No mudflaps - The dealer dosent have them, and here's the strange part, the dealer told me there are No mudflaps for Linea, the company does not have that as an accessory ! Neither can I get it from outside ( can some Linea owner confirm this or what they have done for the mudflaps). He mentioned that the curves of the Linea are designed in such a way that mudflaps are not required ( its a little hard for me to believe considering the dirt i saw on the car after a brief drive, although it was very minimal ).

Thats all for now.

PS: for the pics, the car is to be washed etc. before I can take the shots, will get it done in a day and post pics tomorrow / day after for sure.

there are no mud flaps available with the dealer.
i checked it in auto market in mumbai and one shop had a pair of. i thought to buy it but they looked really cheap. It was some rubbery mud flap and long ones. The kind of used in padmini (fiat taxis in mumbai).
But will have to get one before the monsoon or all the road water and mud will be on the front 2 doors.
I also want to get woofer and amplifi the music sys. But dont know how to go ahead with.
If gurus here can guide.

Quote:

He mentioned that the curves of the Linea are designed in such a way that mudflaps are not required
yes my dealer also told me that

i am really puzzled