Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2009, 12:09   #241
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
its actually purple. its available post the facelift (scorpio refresh).

:: Welcome to Mahindra Scorpio Refresh ::
yeah, have seen this color. For a while I was thinking of Pink Scorpio. Who can forget that Pink CRV spotted and posted here ?
Old 1st August 2009, 12:32   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Who can forget that Pink CRV spotted and posted here ?
LOL, that's a neighbour of mine!
After the shocking pink had come a blinding orange one! Now that too has gone.
Old 1st August 2009, 14:06   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Raj saw the colour which looks good but they say on their website that its only available for the LX variant. Also saw a white LX very recently.Was looking odd with black bumpers and the black grille.White was exclusively for the SLE and VLX /AT variants just a few months back.
Quote:
about the white in LX, i have seen that colour. its different from the white in VLX & SLE. VLX gets a diamond white which is more like off white whereas the LX gets the simple white which is seen in indicas and altos. also, note in the website- diamond white is available only in SLE & VLX.
I think that colour might be specifically for the Government orders. Same white with black unpainted bumpers is available on Bolero LX as well.
Old 1st August 2009, 20:28   #244
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
about the white in LX, i have seen that colour. its different from the white in VLX & SLE. VLX gets a diamond white which is more like off white whereas the LX gets the simple white which is seen in indicas and altos. also, note in the website- diamond white is available only in SLE & VLX.
True Raj the white of the LX does not have the diamond white's imposing and sobre Scorpioish looks.
Thats off topic but back to the topic, Red Liner's 10000km plus review is very much awaited here.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 1st August 2009 at 20:30.
Old 7th January 2010, 01:25   #245
Distinguished - BHPian

10,000 & 15,000 Klick Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
True Raj the white of the LX does not have the diamond white's imposing and sobre Scorpioish looks.
Thats off topic but back to the topic, Red Liner's 10000km plus review is very much awaited here.
For a second this felt like Anjan getting everyone in a dark movie theatre to go quiet because the awesome much awaited show is just about to start.

Re-start actually. Bloody long interval dont you think? Guess somebody deserves a posterior whooping or what.

I was absolutely on cloud nine until the magic 10,000 km mark came flying by.

It came flying down rather. And it hit me like a ton of bricks. Literally.

There are various names for it. 7 year itch, Shani, Omen, 666 you get the drift. Well, they ALL hit me. My car was absolutely "in scratchless condition" like all those ads for used cars would have you believe. And come this mark, I get a whole series of them, one after the other!

1. Was venturing down an alley by the side of a bridge. An imbecile in front of me on a scooty or some such trivial insect of a vehicle refused to move. I tried to skirt him and the next thing you know my RHS ORVM was looking up at the sky. The damn thing had gotten wedged between a crevice in the bridge next to me and twisted itself beyond recognition. The next few seconds were spent screaming, yelling, and not moving. Any way I turn that ORVM was going to get mangled. Got the courage to move an inch and then unhook the assy from that horrible wretched under bridge.

I further spent the next half hour drenched in the rain and kissing the ORVM. Did I forget to mention, it was raining as well.

2. Was running huriedly towards the supermarket across an intersection, when BAM! A bajaj scooter just nicks my front bumper (LHS to be precise). I just wanted to tear his head off. Made did with tearing my hair off.

3. Was on the phone when two very friendly and almost gay cyclists were singing to each other and occupying most of the already hammered lane I take to work. And the next thing you know the handle bar has kissed my LHS rear door.

4. I backed up into a pole. The rear bumper held up surprisingly well!

5. Parked outside a grocery shop and I come back to find a very nice doodle on my rear RHS door.

6. A downtown movie star in my locality decides to ride really hard inches away from my rear.

Let me rephrase that. A kid in my locality was riding his bike like a maniac and hardly kept any distance from behind my car. No prizes for guessing what happened when I had to brake all of a sudden.

And to top it off, the damn silencer pipe underneath was creaking and groaning all over again. I was getting very hassled.

Though the 10,000 km service was good, the alternator was still giving me trouble. The light would flicker ever so slightly when I would run the car. I was asked to leave the car over night and I refused. Needed the car too badly every day to let her risk being opened up.

Come 15,000 and everything was sorted out. In a day. You heard that right.

The third free service, just like the second one, did not need any change of oils or lubricants. So pretty standard stuff. But what got me worried was that engine oil was topped up for a litre, and the coolant was topped up for an equal measure. I am keeping a very keen eye on this. 20,000 kms will tell me more.

The alternator was plugged out, under a promise that it will be returned the same day after having it fixed by TVS. And so it was! In the meantime, all the nicks I got were given a quick touch up and I've been promised a quick polish when I am around there next time. Sireesh Motors on Hosur Road that is.

I know most of the guys there by name. And I think they appreciate it. That translated into a well done car at the end of this service.

Now, I am on a 1000 km jaunt to chennai, pondicherry and back to Bangalore. And the car seems flawless. Night driving is still a pain with the stock headlights. I am still killing myself over mounting 4 clear lamp auto-pal's with 130 or 150W Phillips rally bulbs on the bumper without drilling a hole in it, or without having it shake too wildly. And yes, got to upgrade my stock H4's to 90/100 as well.

Its got to happen next week.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2010, 07:38   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
The third free service, just like the second one, did not need any change of oils or lubricants. So pretty standard stuff. But what got me worried was that engine oil was topped up for a litre, and the coolant was topped up for an equal measure. I am keeping a very keen eye on this. 20,000 kms will tell me more.
Most workshops will bill you for top-up of these fluids on the free service as they can't bill you for pretty much anything else and after all you do need to pay something the moment you enter their gates
Old 7th January 2010, 16:34   #247
Senior - BHPian

it always fun to read your reviews red, but this time it wasnt. sad to know about so many dents & scratches on your beloved.

but you gave me a nice advice indirectly, next time onwards, i will ask the names of all technicians working at my mahindra A.S.S & try to remember them!
Old 8th January 2010, 14:23   #248
BANNED

Hey, that was nice crisp and interesting update. What are your current FE figures, and yes, are you running the stock ICE or have you upgraded it. Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere.
Old 8th January 2010, 15:48   #249
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Most workshops will bill you for top-up of these fluids on the free service as they can't bill you for pretty much anything else and after all you do need to pay something the moment you enter their gates
Hey Miley, I personally saw the stuff being topped up. I dont care about paying for it, but am wondering why a litre of oil has to be topped up?! Its not supposed to drink more than a 100 ml these new engines.

Quote:
it always fun to read your reviews red, but this time it wasnt. sad to know about so many dents & scratches on your beloved.

but you gave me a nice advice indirectly, next time onwards, i will ask the names of all technicians working at my mahindra A.S.S & try to remember them!
I am making these teeny weeny scratches more than they are in reality. A quick polish will get rid of almost all of them. That will be an annual affair. Just trying to figure out now who does them best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Hey, that was nice crisp and interesting update. What are your current FE figures, and yes, are you running the stock ICE or have you upgraded it. Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere.
The FE is a bone stock 10 kmpl. A full tank pretty much gets me to 400 kms and a little beyond. I maintain 32 PSI as per the book on all 4 tyres and I have not done a single wheel balancing or alignment till date since purchase. I have been keeping an eye on the tyres and find absolutely no uneven tread wear. So why bother something that seems to work fine. Tyres and rims are stock BS HT.

The SLE comes with no ICE (apart from what you need to slap on your head from time to time since this is not a jap car). So I use a 5 year old Alpine CD deck along with JBL infinity's for the rear and kappa's for the front. The entire set probably need to be consigned to the bin once I have enough money stashed away to buy the Sydney opera and plonk them in the Scorpio.

But I'm alright with this unit. What I would love to add is USB support and an in-car blue tooth set-up for my phone through the deck. That should do it, and its on my agenda.
Old 8th January 2010, 16:04   #250
BHPian

Red,
just imagining the amount of Groceries you shopped to put in 10k on the Scorp
Old 8th January 2010, 17:20   #251
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanScorpio View Post
Red,
just imagining the amount of Groceries you shopped to put in 10k on the Scorp
Trust me, that Scorpio has seen more groceries in the middle and last row than people ;-)
Old 9th January 2010, 13:39   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But what got me worried was that engine oil was topped up for a litre, and the coolant was topped up for an equal measure. I am keeping a very keen eye on this. 20,000 kms will tell me more.
Buddy, I'm planning to book a Rocky Beige 7 seater SLE soon & you're scaring me with this coolant + oil consumption part of your post!

If I'm not imposing on you, would you mind posting this on the Scorpio Issues & Solutions thread? That'll throw some light on whether this is a common occurrence with the mHawk Scorps.

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 9th January 2010, 14:10   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Miley, I personally saw the stuff being topped up. I dont care about paying for it, but am wondering why a litre of oil has to be topped up?! Its not supposed to drink more than a 100 ml these new engines.
Generally the tends to overdo with the engine oil and coolant top-up. But if you still feel that something is amiss, then you check the engine oil now and check it just before service.

On the coolant front, I would suggest putting a mark on the coolant overflow /reservoir tank after topping up. If you see any major change in the level till your next service, may be you can escalate the issue.
Old 10th January 2010, 23:16   #254
Distinguished - BHPian

Red Liner thats a very good review after some hibernation (from this 5 star thread) I should say.
The scratches and dents are bothersome.The OVRM may have set you back by 1.4K bucks.
The oils and the coolant consumption makes one take notice as the machine is new.I will have an eye on these and say more in my thread now that my 2nd service (belated) is due by next week.
Keep the Five Star thread going. And we miss the pictures!
Old 1st July 2010, 01:27   #255

@Red Liner: #178 had me in rips. Its is a successful attempt of molding your expressions into words.

I was just visualizing how your face expressions would have been when you were going through that situation. The Line " M&M introduced tilt steering. Indian pubs introduced buy 1 beer get 3 free. M&M could not keep pace with the increasing girth of our population. " has become a tag note for us here at office now.

" As I reached on my right to pull the window down - where are the switches?!" This made me visualize the scene from the movie "Mumbai Express" where he asks about the whereabouts of the steering on a left hand drive car.

Very well put, Keep the thread going mate.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks