Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2009, 10:50   #91
Senior - BHPian

Since the front turn indicators are at the edge, are they visible to people in front of the car ?

From the pics they are not visible from front.
Old 13th April 2009, 11:09   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
.... I had to keep the throttle input below 100kmph all the way through, it made the braking easier. ..
I think you forget to add that it also helps to keep the body roll under check. Or was it anything over 50 kmph and you have body roll in a safari

Quote:
Ex Showroom Bangalore (I think M&M has standardised the ex-showroom prices across the country - thankfully!): 8,11,683
IMHO, you should have saved a bit more and got a safari 2.2L. It would have been much much much moreeeeeee better suited for your image. For some reason i can't imagine you driving a scorpio. it just doesn't go well with you image. YOU will look like a maxi cab driver/ BPO cab driver/local rowdy in a scorpio. YOU in a safari would have looked 'CLASS'. just too good with your fake rayban's.

Anyway't it water under the bridge now. If you plan to swap your safari in next few months, the do consider buyiong a safari.

Quote:
Extended Warranty: 9,999 for 2 additional years and 50k more to top up the 2 years and 50k I get standard.
Best decision you ever made -- considering you were hell bent on buying a BPO ferry

Quote:
Slamming the doors does not irk you. On the contrary you want people to slam them, or else they dont shut right.
Better than FIAT's 'closes with a THUD' sound

Quote:
... I chose the 8 seater because I could play around with the seat configuration more.
For what??

Quote:
One part of the rear seat can be reclined individually, which I found to be a boon on my just concluded mysore trip, since my little cousin was throwing up and wanted to sleep,
Welcome. This is a very very common thing that happens to people driving a scorpio. The famous body roll at work here.

Quote:
Guy sitting in a small puny korean/jap car at a signal remarking "Look at this guy sitting in this new white scorpio. Must definitely be a real estate reddy garu guy who has minted money by selling land near the new international airport and this is his latest toy".
Yes. That's what they will say about you when they see you in a scorpio
Old 13th April 2009, 11:44   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
I think you forget to add that it also helps to keep the body roll under check. Or was it anything over 50 kmph and you have body roll in a safari
That is true. This cannot be compared to an S10 man. You forget I owned one!

Quote:
IMHO, you should have saved a bit more and got a safari 2.2L. It would have been much much much moreeeeeee better suited for your image. For some reason i can't imagine you driving a scorpio. it just doesn't go well with you image. YOU will look like a maxi cab driver/ BPO cab driver/local rowdy in a scorpio. YOU in a safari would have looked 'CLASS'. just too good with your fake rayban's.

Anyway't it water under the bridge now. If you plan to swap your safari in next few months, the do consider buyiong a safari.
I like being a rowdy. Unfortunately thats the only thing that works on Bangalore roads. I did consider the Safari, but well, you have to go one way and I did. I am enjoying my Bison (yep, thats the name) now and I am quite pleased with her monstrous performance.

Quote:
Better than FIAT's 'closes with a THUD' sound
Absolutely no way. Still, slamming a Fiat's door ensures everything inside shudders and used to piss me off when my girl used to do it.

Quote:
Welcome. This is a very very common thing that happens to people driving a scorpio. The famous body roll at work here.
She got food poisoned bugger. The new Scorp's body roll is much less pronounced. The car does not lurch forward as much as the older ones when you brake. The suspension is softer but tighter. Really soaks things up very well. But yes, you have to brake earlier, and turn in earlier. Not a race car, not a track demon.

Quote:
Yes. That's what they will say about you when they see you in a scorpio
Nope. They will call me Indiana Jones! Booooooooooooooooooo!
Old 13th April 2009, 13:53   #94
BHPian

Red liner, go on! watching this thread very closely! Liked the entire journey from palios to boleros to MHawk and the colours. A nicely written journey and a ride!

Looking forward to more, may be about a long drive in your MHawk? - with your fake Raybans (courtsey khan sirjeee)

Cheers!
narayanang76
Old 13th April 2009, 17:40   #95
BHPian

Congrats - phew - finally you bought it after so much of R&D.
Old 13th April 2009, 17:49   #96
BANNED

Quote:
I like being a rowdy. I am enjoying my Bison and I am quite pleased
Bison now makes 'Rowdy Special' Banians? The mesh grille types?
Old 13th April 2009, 17:56   #97
Senior - BHPian

The ad for the new Scorpio Hawk is very eye catching.The beast lurches ahead in the desert like a bull with a bull bar added to symbolism.
Old 13th April 2009, 19:19   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:

I chose the 8 seater because I could play around with the seat configuration more. The last bench could be removed and slotted in a jiffy (couple of jiffies as I came to realise later), and the middle bench could be reclined well behind. One part of the rear seat can be reclined individually, which I found to be a boon on my just concluded mysore trip, since my little cousin was throwing up and wanted to sleep, whilst her mom and mine wanted to sit up straight. The Scorpio considered her little wish done!
I think this is a very useful feature especially when you want to take a nap. I am surprised that Tata offers this in the Sumo Grande but not the Safari which costs many lakhs more.
Old 13th April 2009, 19:30   #99
Senior - BHPian

very nice review there buddy. after a lot of effort (& research), you have finally selected the vehicle which best suited you (& kicked out the others!) & also got the colour of your choice.

you ought to be a happy man... of course, you have a scorpio!

nothing else will do...
Old 13th April 2009, 22:27   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayanang76 View Post
Red liner, go on! watching this thread very closely! Liked the entire journey from palios to boleros to MHawk and the colours. A nicely written journey and a ride!

Looking forward to more, may be about a long drive in your MHawk? - with your fake Raybans (courtsey khan sirjeee)

Cheers!
narayanang76
Thanks narayanang76 (did I get that right?). Yeah, its been a lot of if's and but's. I did Mysore day before, and I will be doing Chennai this week end, so for sure, I will be putting up a quick "Road manners on the highway" post soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyb View Post
Congrats - phew - finally you bought it after so much of R&D.
Yeah. These car companies should hire me for their R&D on buyers as the nit-pickiest customer ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Bison now makes 'Rowdy Special' Banians? The mesh grille types?
For sure man! Bizon needs the mesh grille rowdy banian...thats the only thing that works I say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
The ad for the new Scorpio Hawk is very eye catching.The beast lurches ahead in the desert like a bull with a bull bar added to symbolism.
Hmmm...I dont like the ad frankly. Poorly executed. When the thing lurches forward in the first shot, I think the driver shat his whole load right there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
I think this is a very useful feature especially when you want to take a nap. I am surprised that Tata offers this in the Sumo Grande but not the Safari which costs many lakhs more.
Absolutely! There might always be this one person who could be sick, as I found out now. More configurations the better. I wonder why people would say no to that. Use it as you please, yeah?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
very nice review there buddy. after a lot of effort (& research), you have finally selected the vehicle which best suited you (& kicked out the others!) & also got the colour of your choice.

you ought to be a happy man... of course, you have a scorpio!

nothing else will do...
For sure man. Bizon is the real deal.
Old 14th April 2009, 10:38   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
And it came with JK tyres. .... I checked her tyres out, and it was JK! Me no like JK! Me want BStone! The Beige has BStones! I wanted to the tires shifted too. I raised a hue and cry right there and jumped up and down for real. .
Get some good set of tyres for the "banian chaap Bi-son". The JK/BStone are no good for your kind of driving.

Why don't you get some good 7.5x16 NDMS for it? Will look good and can be used in your willys also.
Old 14th April 2009, 10:53   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Get some good set of tyres for the "banian chaap Bi-son". The JK/BStone are no good for your kind of driving.

Why don't you get some good 7.5x16 NDMS for it? Will look good and can be used in your willys also.
Bugger...I dont know what to say.

The BStone tyres seem good. I am just going to add alloys on her, so I can get an offset so there's a little more grip on cornering. I still have sun film to do. So I really need to watch out on my expenses. Everything's adding up and my wallet's getting extra light.
Old 14th April 2009, 12:16   #103
BHPian

Congrats RedLiner,

My favorite color in the Scorpio, looks hot with a couple of hella's up front.

Attachment 123296
Is the power-window switch placed elsewhere for the passenger? or should the passenger also use the central controls?

+Rocky+
Old 14th April 2009, 12:32   #104
BANNED

Quote:
Bugger...I dont know what to say.

So I really need to watch out on my expenses. Everything's adding up and my wallet's getting extra light.

Want help in lightning it further

Saw your Scorp at your Nandidurga road office. Still running without a number plate
Old 14th April 2009, 12:52   #105
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Red liner so finally and Thanks to HRAG we do get pictures.

So almost 9.5 l on the road. Decent pricing.

One query i got. How much does the Safari 2.2l cost OTR?

The writeup is excellent. Deserves 5* for the way the thread started

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks